Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

Do you have similar music tastes to your parents or is it completely different? My mom never kept up with the times, but she likes RnB, Rap, Hip Hop and basically everything i hate :/ Or do your parents try to get in to the music that you like and try and get in to the same music as you, you know to try and keep up with stuff? I'm just wondering :ermm:

I know people are gonna say this is stupid, but it's better then having repeated threads about how hot billie is and biab and the others...

i get alot of my musical taste from my dad, we have similiar interests in music, i'm constantly stealing his cds. and my mom was never really into music, but i got my interst in Elvis and stuff from her. She's into most music i like now though.

Um, no my parents don't really try to keep up... I mean with new music. They like stuff like The Beatles and David Bowie, well, my dad.. My mum don't really listen to any special music, but she wanted Katie Melua for Christmas.

Well, my dad used to listen to good music. But lately he's been listening to this weird disco stuff. And my mom will usually listen to anything unless its like screamo..or rap. But she doesn't mind Green Day or bands like that.

My dad isn't too into his music (although he recognises some old rock tracks I never thought he would have heard) but my mum is - well, she loves Britney Spears, Wetslife, Boyzone, Ronan Keating, you know, that type of thing. A 'pleasant' sounding voice and totally cheesy song and she loves it.

She has never tried to get into my music and constantly tells me she doesn't like my style and that I should change. She also accuses me of corrupting my little brother with my music taste. yay.

my mom loves Green Day ( and billie hahaha) .... my dad likes to shout HEY with mike in holiday (haha) yeah they like some wierd bands though ..

Hmm my parents like oldies. (from their own time u know) They "hate" mine music. And they "hate" my bro's music. He likes trance and stuff, I don't really know... it's with a lot of beats and no singing :P

So we all got our own taste, nobody likes eachothers music. But I'm the only one who likes the music from my parents and bro too, once in a while.

My dad has awesome taste in music, he got me into bands like Guns n Roses, Metallica and some others that I can't think of right now. He's pretty tolerant of my musical taste but objects to some of the really screamy heavy metal stuff I listen to lol

My dad isn't too into his music (although he recognises some old rock tracks I never thought he would have heard) but my mum is - well, she loves Britney pears, Wetslife, Boyzone, Ronan Keating, you know, that type of thing. A 'pleasant' sounding voice and totally cheesy song and she loves it.

She has never tried to get into my music and constantly tells me she doesn't like my style and that I should change. She also accuses me of corrupting my little brother with my music taste. yay.

my mom always used to go on how about i listen to crap and that i should change too.So we argued a lot and i usually ended up in trouble and she'll end up taking away something important away from me, like my library card so i couldn't rent music cd's (i didn't get money so i couldn't buy any :( ). So i never got on with my mom, yay :)

Guest Immortality

My dad and I both love The Beatles, Eagles, Grateful Dead, and The Who. He enjoys *some* Green Day.

My mom and I have completely different tastes.

My mum and dad are metalheads. When I was a child, a majority of what I heard was classic rock, Metallica, etc. Now it's pretty different, but my dad and I like some of the same stuff. And mum and I both like Alice In Chains. They don't like my "screamo" music.

My music taste is very similar to my mom's. She was a metal head and became a punk fan after Dookie came out, like many others. She borrows my c.d.'s all the time. :ph34r:

My mom loves Green Day. I got her into them because when I had my permit and she had to drive with me everywhere, I would play GD constantly. She actually asked me to make her a copy of American Idiot to keep in her car, lol.

My dad.... I don't even know what he listens to. Haha. He never listens to music when I'm in the car w/ him, he listens to sports or we listen to my music.

my mom always used to go on how about i listen to crap and that i should change too.So we argued a lot and i usually ended up in trouble and she'll end up taking away something important away from me, like my library card so i couldn't rent music cd's (i didn't get money so i couldn't buy any :( ). So i never got on with my mom, yay :)

Ouch, that's harsh. My mum is like that but with me eating meat instead, she's taking my pocket money away unless I choose to eat fish!! I think though that with music and things that allow you to express your own individuality, its just the parents way of trying to not let you become yourself, like, they always considered you their child who does everything they say, and suddenly you've got your own music taste and style and they're not happy, so they try to stop it. I think thats the case with my mum anyway, not sure if it was the same with you.

my mum likes classical music.*shudders* and my dad likes disco, R'n B, hip hop, dance music. shit like that. which is just as bad

My mom and dad both listened to stuff like Black Sabbath, CCR, Iron Maiden,Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and so on.

well... my mom doesn't list to music.. :/ but my father likes some... well... some "not bad" bands... isn't really my gender of music, but it's not bad. He listens to... pink floyd (a like it a bit), dire straits, queen... He has lots of vinils of them... and some cd's, too...

Guest n1i0m3r9od

My mom listens to old-school country, and I can't stand it. Except for laretta Lynn.

My dad listens to, believe it or not, heavy metal. I'm talking, heavy, hardcore death metal. And classic rock.

My dad brought me up on Queen and The Beatles, my mum never really into music that much but now she's in to Dido and Will Young, whereas me and my brother both blast out punk and rock from our rooms

My dad likes all kinds of stuff.... looking at his collection now i can see David Bowie, Ray Charles, Green Day and the Sex Pistols. I got into the Ramones and The Clash from him, but half of his stuff I hate.

My mum likes Andy Williams, but thinks Green Day are alright. She doesn't really bother with music.

Archived