Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

My mom loves Green Day, probably not as much as me or my sister, but she does like listening to them. She was always into stuff like AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, etc., and she'll listen to Marilyn Manson with my brother ^_^ When Green Day came through Phoenix back in 2009, we all took a family trip to see them, but I got my mom and brother actual seats because I know my mom doesn't like standing for a long time, and she said she didn't mind us going into the pit. What I loved most about it though, is that while my brother's not that big a fan of Green Day, when we were talking about our feelings and experiences during the show, my mom actually understood what we meant, and she said it was something akin to a religious experience. Her and my sister fight over Tre too ^_^

my parents do like Green day too, and my dad likes Nirvana, oasis and even some my chem , so he has some similarities :D:bunny:

I found Green Day through my brother :happy: Anyway I share alot of my mum's music taste. She loves Bob Dylan, The Who and has a soft spot for Green Day :D And I think it would be best to not list my Dad's musical taste... it's plain horrendous!!! :lol:

My mom likes when I come around, thats about it. My dad says he likes them but it's definetly just a sad attempt to connect with me... unfortunate

My mum likes 80s stuff and some more modern stuff that I've pointed her towards, like My Chemical Romance & some Green Day stuff, thankfully, like American Idiot & 21st Century Breakdown.

My dad really likes Green Day and he said, that he wanna go to the next Green Day concert with me :D

But my mom doesn't like 'em.

My dad likes Green Day, especially songs which are similar to The Beatles' songs. When I was a child, he showed me the world of rock (however, when I was 10 I started to listen to pop and worse). I was listening with him The Beatles, Slade, Pink Floyd, AC/DC and many polish rock bands. Nowadays he is listening with me Green Day. He also has some songs by GD on his phone and mp3 player.

My mom is a bit different. She prefers pop, so she said, that Green Day yells. Now she puts up with music which I'm listening to ;)

small-logo.png

I actually introduced my Mom to Green Day and ever since she's been hooked! She's taken me to all 3 Green Day concerts and loves them as much as I do!

My dad likes pretty much everything, he thinks Green Day are good, but not AMAZING. Too bad.

My mom likes Aerosmith, Guns and Roses and Bon Jovi. She isn't really into Green Day either, but she thinks they're really good!

I'm the only Green Day fan in the family.

My parents both love Green Day!

My mom used to listen to bands like AC/DC and Van Halen, then switched to country music when I was born. My dad was more into Journey and Elton John.

When I started listening to the rock/pop music I like now, I shared it all with my parents and make dozens of mix CDs for us all to listen to in the car, so my parents pretty much just listen to what I listen to most of the time. Green Day is a favorite of them both :dance:

I actually have to thank my dad for getting me into GD: I had loved American Idiot and Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, but I didn't get around to buying the album. When he went to Fred Meyer, my dad kept asking me "Do you want me to get a cd for you - like that Green Day album??" I kept saying "no" but one day he decided to just buy it for me! I listened to it, and hated it! :confused: A few months later my dad insisted that I listen to it again, and this time I loved it! Ever since, Green Day has been my favorite band. :wub:

Now when I go to concerts my mom always wants to come (especially to GD - we've seen them twice). My dad says that on Green Day's next tour he wants to see them too. My whole family loves Green Day, and now I'm spreading the GD love to my friends, co-workers, and customers too, haha!

my mum hates green day

my dad hates green day

my brothers hate green day

and they hate the other music i listen to too.

Archived