Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

My parents are pretty good with music. Mum likes robbie williams & that but she likes American Idiot at the moment. And my dad has just always liked music. He always seems to know what song im going to like when he buys me a cd.

my dad has pretty good taste in music, he likes blues and stuff like that and a lot of older stuff like eric clapton, neil young and such but he hates green day and says he has heard it a million times before.

my mum likes green day though, she went to the concert, but apart from that she has awful taste in music and listens to boring stuff that makes me want to swear.

My parents don't listen to music. They don't even own a CD player or any CDs, nor do they ever listen to the radio. I don't think they own a radio, except in the car, which also has a CD player, and it has never been turned on, not even once.

lol i suppose you wont be taking him to any more concerts?

Hahaha as much as I'd like to say that I wouldn't, I have to. We live an hour and a hlaf out of the city where al the good gigs are, and he's my only way of getting down there.

My parents listend to crap.

My dad likes American Idiot (just the song), so he playes it in the car all the time.

Other than that... :down:

My parents have good taste in music, I like what they listen to, like Eagles, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Eva Cassidy etc, but I'm not heavily into it. My parents hate what I listen to, they think it's crap. My dad says he can't stand seeing 'talentless musicians beating the crap out of a guitar on stage.' For example, the chorus in Wake Me Up When September Ends....

At least I'm finally starting to turn my younger sister :D

Oh, dad likes Good Riddance... because it was on Seinfeld :P

He likes some good stuff. But the ammount of shit he listens to really cancels it all out.

And I refer to the grinners story on the other page :P

well i have serious similar music tastes to my dad. he likes stuff like deep purple and the kinks ect... he thinks green day are ok and that there music is good but my mum hates everyone i listen to. she likes the corrs, shinia twain and bon jovi. bon jovi is quite good but she does listen to some shite.

Completely different too mine.

Ive grown up with their songs though so i do like them.

Dads taste is AC DC, Slim Dusty and John Fogarty

Mums is REO Speedwagon :laugh: , ABBA and Human Nature

Weird weird parents and they had me.....which i guess makes them weirder :laugh:

My parent and I share some thing in muisc taste like Rock(yeah), but there some stuff i just not that much into, as much as they are like country and bluegrass, I like some of it but I not the biggest fan of country or bluegrass, I more into Hip-Hop/Rap and Rock and Metal!

My parents listen to Rolling stones, Beatles and Björn skifs...I listen to Stones and Beatles so it's kinda similar

my mother listens to 100% oldies - she does NOT like my music at all

my dad is pretty much all oldies too, but i think he has more of an appreciation for newer music... like he actually likes my music

^ me and him were going to the cape togeter to see my aunt and uncle (my mom satyed home) and we were in our convertable - and it was hte week after i went to green day - and i had my GD cd and i put it in and just turned it up a little just so it wouldnt be annoying - but we got on the highway and my dad BLASTED it! like it was all the way up - and thats what i love about him - is that he appreciates it so much more - and he likes it

my mom only likes rock balads... from GD she only likes bobd...

my dad always listened to rock... he has the album americacn idiot on his iPod and he listenes to it once in a while...

me and my father like the same but my mother doesn't so when we're in the car or something she moans about the music lol

My mum actually listens to a few of the bands I like, The Ark for example :)

and my dad too, RHCP and stuff like that. but he listens to many crap bands as well.

But my sister listen to the same music as me which is really good. I've been teaching her. haha.

Well my mom doesnt really listen to music, but when she does (aka my dads around) its greek. My dad listens to mostly greek but sometimes if ACDC, Van Halen, Deep Purple, or the good classic rock song is played, he'll listen to it. I listen to the greek and the classic, but way more than just that....rock, punk, alternative, r&b, country, some rap, some hip hop, and some bluegrass/folk.

As a mom and a daughter, my mothers music tastes influenced me. The Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Rush, etc. My musical tastes have influenced my daughter. My 13 year old daughter is a huge GD fan. She grew up hearing GD (of course) Soundgarden, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, etc. Green Day is about the only current popular band I like. MCR is alright thats who my daughter really likes and has been trying to get me to listen to. I bought Dookie in 1994 she has been listening to Green Day since she was 2 years old. Another band I influenced her with was Weezer. I guess other current bands I like are Foo Fighters and Audioslave, but of course spin offs from other older bands I listen to.

My mother has always been a huuuge music fan, so she kinda got me into a lot of music.

Her favourite band's Placebo, if that means anything haha.

My dad is into Mod bands from the 60's, late 70's and early 80's, punk from the late 70's, R'nB and soul from the 60's, Britpop from the 90's and hes also into alot of newer bands. My tastes are quite similar to my dads.

Me mum was into disco back in the day though...... :wacko:

Archived