Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

My mum has no taste. Well, just because she doesn't listen to music except for classical, though was into The Rolling Stones when she was younger but that was kinda long ago. The music I listen to is just loud annoying noise to her.

My dad is the opposite, he loves music, but his taste is not like mine. Yes, he borrows some of my CDs and I borrow some of his but we don't share interest in the same exact bands. I borrowed some Rolling Stones' the other day, and some Eric Clapton's. For some reason I felt the need to listen to Tears In Heaven.

He's into Deep Purple and Pink Floyd and likes guitarrist like Satriani, Santana and some others whose names won't come to my mind right now. I couldn't believe how many CDs he has... I found some Genesis there and didn't even know he had that. Even Bryan Adams was there.

My dad is pretty much only into classic rock. My mom likes just about every kind of music, but they both like Green Day so it's all good (that's just about the only band we have in common though).

my mom likes practically everything... mainly jazz and stuff.. but she likes GD and some other music me and my sisters like... and my dad, i dunno.. i guess he likes some of the stuff i like...but he likes jazz... but i "steal" a lot of his CDs like the beatles, the rollings, the who....

oohh...lets see...

my mom is into oldies like journey and reo speedwagon and foreigner and then theres josh groban, and a lot of classical stuff. my mom used to be like those women in the 80s with black miniskirts and stuff with poofy hair. its really scary. she did go to a air supply concert before.

then my dad is into old green day, led zeppelin, ac/dc, guns n roses, judas priest, deep purple, van halen, and a lot of metal. my dad was the one who always rocked out and used to smoke.

my dad is a biker and my mom was a hippy, so my dad likes stuff like zeppelin, then stuff like pink floyd and other stuff, and some country, and my mom likes the beatles and greatful dead

i enjoy their music

My dad's into classic rock and blues type stuff, mostly Clapton. I guess we're different(ish)

My mom likes pretty much anything she can sing along to. So she hates some of my music and loves some of it

mom listens to U2 and dave matthews and i hate it. she likes good riddance and a few american idiot songs (shes a teenie hahahahah), and my dad listens to some ac/dc and Gnr, and i think theyre ok. he likes lots of blues too, and zeppelin and floyd....which i hate.

I wish my parents were as cool as some of yours. My dad likes Johnny Cash, which is BEARABLE. And my mother listens to nothing but country. But she admits she likes some of Green Day's lighter songs, like Good Riddance. But she can't stand anything else I listen to. My dad calls it crap.

My MOm listens to regeton & country but when i change the station she sings along to some of my favorite songs my dad same like me nirvana,the offspring,green day,etc.

No way...I'm mexican-american, so...no. lol

I got most of my interests from my sister. Things like Metallica, Green Day, and Nirvana. :thumbsup:

My Dad and I like the same things. My mom loves Green Day...as does my Grandma...She even asked me to turn them up when I was visiting her. lol so ya my family loves all the music I do mostly.

dad -similar, any pop, rock, pop/rock from 20s-modern

mom - she listens to crap i dunno what it is

yeah really similar, I consider myself lucky lol. Both my parents were part of the original punk scene, my mom played in a punk band at cbgbs, but I'm not sure how punk it actually was lol. And my dad has been in bands all his life, he introduced me to The Dead Boys, MC5 and a bunch of other great bands.

^ whoa cool

i got my music taste from both my parents - my mum keeps up with the times and listens to pretty much all the genres and she likes GD which is a plus. My dad does not keep up with times however, he likes listening to his old rock n roll stuff and same jazz now and then. When i played AI to him for the first time hes like "hmm i know a band a bit like them..." and then he got out his old Cure record. At the time the connection between GD and The Cure made no sense what so ever to me but yeah now i like The Cure.

my dad is stuck in the era of classic rock and refuses to listen to anything else. that will never ever change

my mom on the other hand used to be really into women singers like cherl crow and norah jones and that stuff (also classic rock because of dad and she grew up at that time period) but now is really into green day and steals my cds. its quite funny actually because before she saw them live she got really annoyed when i played green day too much and now she loves it

the only thing about moms musical tastes is shes pretty much boycotting nirvana because kurts voice annoys the hell out of her

My dad listens to prog rock, a lot of stuff from the 70's. My mum just likes any good songs she hears, she also likes a few songs by Green Day. Oh, and my mum really likes Masters Apprentices. Both my parents like The Beatles, so that's the music i was brought up on.

Schmeh. I like some of what mum likes, some of what dad likes, but in general, their taste in music is craptastic. Slim Dusty anyone?

Schmeh. I like some of what mum likes, some of what dad likes, but in general, their taste in music is craptastic. Slim Dusty anyone?

Craptastic. I love that word :laugh: Slim Dusty...please don't tell me they play it super loud on a Sunday morning? My parents used to have The Beatles blasting from the stereo on a Sunday morning...but luckily it was The Beatles.

I owuldn't complain if it was the beatles. Sunday mornings I'm safe.... it's during the 12 hour car trips that they whip out their tunes :P

My mum used to HATE green day til i would force her to play their cd's in her car while taking me to school. She can;t get enough of them now. my dad loves them too, after seeing them at the SCG.. i can't complain...i have converted my parents...meh

Wow.

Gold stars for you, m'dear.

I took my dad to Grinspoon/Shihad/Grand Fatal... the gig went off. He slept right through it and made me pay for his ticket.

Wow.

Gold stars for you, m'dear.

I took my dad to Grinspoon/Shihad/Grand Fatal... the gig went off. He slept right through it and made me pay for his ticket.

lol i suppose you wont be taking him to any more concerts?

Archived