Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

i like the same stuff as my dad. he's into rock, punk...i basicly learned everything from him. my mom isnt a big music fan but she really likes green day.

I tend to be like my mum: Eclectic. I like most music. (Except rap. BLECH!) My father used to be into bands like Pink Floyd, but now he's all ultra-conservative. It really sucks.

Ouch, that's harsh. My mum is like that but with me eating meat instead, she's taking my pocket money away unless I choose to eat fish!! I think though that with music and things that allow you to express your own individuality, its just the parents way of trying to not let you become yourself, like, they always considered you their child who does everything they say, and suddenly you've got your own music taste and style and they're not happy, so they try to stop it. I think thats the case with my mum anyway, not sure if it was the same with you.

yeah i guess it's the same here aswell, but from reading posts from this thread, it seems that not all parents are like that. Have you noticed that it seems that it's usually the dads that have the better taste in music, what's with women now :(

my dad likes blues (stevie ray vaughn, rory gallagher) my mom likes country (brad paisely, keith urban)

i defintly like my dad's music better. sorta got me into playing guitar

Guest Phoebe.

My mother likes Bert Jansch, Van Morrison, Eric Clapton, she went to see Cream, she likes Dire Straits, Pink Floyd..

I was raised on this stuff.

I don't know much about my father's music tastes. :/

my mom, step dad, and brother and I all have the same musical taste. Rock. wheather it be oldies rock to metal to punk to pop rock. anything rock n roll.

my dad likes country and i cant stand it. so we have differences on that. and the rest of my family are hicks so they basically listen to country or pop shit.

yeah i guess it's the same here aswell, but from reading posts from this thread, it seems that not all parents are like that. Have you noticed that it seems that it's usually the dads that have the better taste in music, what's with women now :(

Maybe its the parents who are overprotective that don't like their children listening to certain music? Or just the slightly wierd parents?

And I can't actually think of any reason why men have better taste in music than women? Maybe the dad's are trying to be cool, I mean, why else?

My mom will listen to generic soft rock/pop radio stations so nothing particularly good, particularly Billy Joel, Abba and also Harry Connick Jr.

My dad has a black taste in music and was into r'n'b in the 80's, such as Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones and Stevie Wonder, but also really likes Elton John, Steely Dan and Genesis.

My music taste is very similar to my mom's. She was a metal head and became a punk fan after Dookie came out, like many others. She borrows my c.d.'s all the time. :ph34r:

My mom is the same way, and we both take each others CDs

My mom is the same way, and we both take each others CDs

there's nothing wrong with that, it would be cool if we had similar taste in music, then just think how easy it would be to go to your fav concerts and it wouldn't be embarrassing because your parents will know what to expect from the songs and stuff.

Mom: way different.

Dad: kinda the same, into all 70-ish music, and Green Day [ :huh: ]

my dads taste in music is excellent, he brought me up on the jam, the clash, the ramones etc., and we're always sharing cds. i got him into green day, however, cause he said that as i listened to all his music, it would be fair for him to listen to mine, instead of thinking it was crap without hearing it. so i made him a best of green day cd, which he listened to in the car to work. he phoned me and told me they were 'good. not great, but good.' however, since then, theyve grown on him, and he sincerely regrets not going to milton keynes with me. my mum likes that music also, but shes not as fussed. but me and my dad are always discussing music, its fantastic.

My Mom doesn't like anything I listen to. She says My Chemical Romance is too "hardcore" for her. Which scares me. She doesn't mind Green Day though. And my Dad likes Green Day but thats about it. He's into the oldies. Oh and my Mom is into any music that came from a play.

my dad is an old bogan, he listens to motorhead, led zepplin and stuff like that

my mum listens to anything really she likes green day, she wanted to come to the concert with me but it sold out lol

my dad is into heavy metal, classic stuff ect

my mom is into country and christian music

only reason i like green day is because of my dad

and i got into older punk without their help because they dont like that stuff...

My parents have completely different music tastes to me. My dad likes classical music and opera :blink:

My parents have completely different music tastes to me. My dad likes classical music and opera :blink:

my mom likes that too :huh:

i like all music except RnB.. i love all variations of rock, hip hop, club and anything else that sounds good.. my mum hates it all.. she likes Robbie williams and shit like that.. i have a huge poster of eminem in my room, and a huge one of tre cool, my mum thinks they're the same person.. actually i think she likes coldplay a bit too wich is good cos ther cool..

there's nothing wrong with that, it would be cool if we had similar taste in music, then just think how easy it would be to go to your fav concerts and it wouldn't be embarrassing because your parents will know what to expect from the songs and stuff.

And your CD collection doubles for half the price!! :thumbsup:

My dad's into Classic Rock and Talk Radio. :laugh:

I don't mind talk radio. People sound like idiots when they phone in.

My mom used to be into country. But now she likes that Il Divo group. I HATE them. And she listens to them all the TIME. She also will listen to Classic Rock, but I think that's from being with my dad for so long.

My dad's into Classic Rock and Talk Radio. :laugh:

I don't mind talk radio. People sound like idiots when they phone in.

My mom used to be into country. But now she likes that Il Divo group. I HATE them. And she listens to them all the TIME. She also will listen to Classic Rock, but I think that's from being with my dad for so long.

i like your avatar :)

and one thing my mom dislikes that i also dislikes is Il Divo, if that's how you spell it....Lucky me :rolleyes:

i like your avatar :)

and one thing my mom dislikes that i also dislikes is Il Divo, if that's how you spell it....Lucky me :rolleyes:

I tend to stick to political humor ones. :D

Lucky you. She also likes Santana and Latin music. The one with no words.

She needs a personal CD player. Badly.

Archived