Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Kaiser chiefs

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

Psycho Britney

Psycho Britney
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined Aug 11, 2007
  • 38 rep

So does anyone else enjoy the certain new advert for Barclay Card?!ol!

Soo

Soo
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Joined May 07, 2009
  • 107 rep

Yeah, I like it!  It was a nice surprise when I saw it the other day!  :wub:  I actually meant to post it in here but I forgot! 

Psycho Britney

Psycho Britney
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined Aug 11, 2007
  • 38 rep

^ Yeah I know, it was a pleasant surprise for me too. I've suddenly never been more interested in seeing adverts for Barclaycard in my life!!:P

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • Daddy's had enough now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,132 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,901 rep

ha?

Psycho Britney

Psycho Britney
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined Aug 11, 2007
  • 38 rep

^ The new Barclaycard ad features the Kaiser Chiefs. Basically it shows a couple in the crowd at a Kaiser's gig, and the guy orders flowers for his girlfriend. Ricky swings into the crowd on a camera crane arm thingy, and delivers the flowers to the girl!

Psycho Britney

Psycho Britney
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined Aug 11, 2007
  • 38 rep

Kaiser Chief's new song 'Bow's and Arrows' was fab that they played at the Emirates, very catchy! :)

Soo

Soo
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Joined May 07, 2009
  • 107 rep

Kaiser Chief's new song 'Bow's and Arrows' was fab that they played at the Emirates, very catchy! :)

Yeah, I saw it on youtube, it sounded good!  They are fairly churning out the new songs at the moment! :)

Here is another new one:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NRI8vKu566E

Psycho Britney

Psycho Britney
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined Aug 11, 2007
  • 38 rep

Yeah, I saw it on youtube, it sounded good!  They are fairly churning out the new songs at the moment! :)

Here is another new one:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NRI8vKu566E

Oh thanks for the link Soo. I'd never heard this one before, I think I like it even more than 'Bow's and Arrows'!! Your certainly right about them churning out new songs-bodes well for a new album to drop fairly soon I reckon-beginning of next year maybe?

Soo

Soo
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Joined May 07, 2009
  • 107 rep

Oh thanks for the link Soo. I'd never heard this one before, I think I like it even more than 'Bow's and Arrows'!! Your certainly right about them churning out new songs-bodes well for a new album to drop fairly soon I reckon-beginning of next year maybe?

Yeah, it's dead catchy isn't it!  I am really looking forward to hearing the next album, as all the new songs sound good so far.  I think I am going to like it more than "The Future is Medieval".  Not that that was a bad album, I just don't enjoy it quite as much as the previous ones.  Going from their twitters and facebook, I think they have been in studios quite a lot for that last while so hopefully you are right and a new album is not too far off! :)  Plus, that means we will get to see Mr Wilson in the flesh again when they are out on tour!  (Not that I am shallow or anything.....)  :P

dangreenday

dangreenday
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2006
  • 484 rep

im not a fan of indie music at all but i do think these guys are really good, and they were amazing live at emerates

Soo

Soo
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Joined May 07, 2009
  • 107 rep

im not a fan of indie music at all but i do think these guys are really good, and they were amazing live at emerates

Yeah, from the reviews and comments I have seen, they seemed to get a fairly good reception from the GD fans at Emirates.  I think there were a lot of people who hadn't seen them live before and didn't know if they would enjoy them.  I think they always put on a good show!

dangreenday

dangreenday
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2006
  • 484 rep

Yeah, from the reviews and comments I have seen, they seemed to get a fairly good reception from the GD fans at Emirates.  I think there were a lot of people who hadn't seen them live before and didn't know if they would enjoy them.  I think they always put on a good show!

id seen them once b4, but this time was soooo much better :D

Samoco

Samoco
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined Jul 28, 2009
  • 60 rep

At Emirates was the first time I saw them. I only really knew the song Ruby but checked some more at youtube before the show. I wasn't quite sure if I would like them but they were really good live. Now I will check their setlist and watch videos on youtube :)

Psycho Britney

Psycho Britney
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined Aug 11, 2007
  • 38 rep

dangreenday and Samoco-glad you enjoyed the Kaiser Chiefs. I am a little biased but I really think they did such an amazing job at getting the crowd warmed up! I always think they put on a good show, but I think the crowd like them chanting GREEN-DAY! etc :)

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers

• 22,132 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,901 rep

couple days ago I saw an episode of Shameless (uk) and they listen to Ruby, everyone singing "ruby ruby ruby! oh oh oh!" remind me of good memories :wub:

Advertising

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,212 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 2,730 rep

Just saw the TV live transmission from their concert here at Super Bock Super Rock, and I loved it like crazy, of course. I need to see them live!  :D They're one of the greatest live bands nowadays. So much energy and pure entertainment!

Soo

Soo
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Joined May 07, 2009
  • 107 rep

I think Misery Company is definitely my new favourite Kaiser Chiefs song at the moment:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BD3sHV7J-Wo

It makes me want to march about! :lol:

Ricky must be doing a lot of running these days as he is looking very thin, but still nice! :wub:

Soo

Soo
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Joined May 07, 2009
  • 107 rep

So Ricky has confirmed that he will be joining as the new coach on season 3 of The Voice UK!   :)

Guess I'll have to start watching it again!

íViva la Raymondia!

íViva la Raymondia!
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined Apr 07, 2013
  • 12 rep

The first song i ever heart of the Kaiser Chiefs is Ruby. Its pretty good because they are origenal. My favorite song is Never Miss a Beat

scottpilgrim10

scottpilgrim10
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2012
  • 110 rep

I've recently gotten into Kaiser Chiefs because of their album Employment, and it is really great. It's a solid listen all the way through for me, and I'm suprised by how much I love every song on the album. I hope the rest of their discography is just as awesome!

bat-chen

bat-chen
  • Best Thing In Town

• 16,805 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2006
  • 4,022 rep

So Ricky has confirmed that he will be joining as the new coach on season 3 of The Voice UK!   :)

Guess I'll have to start watching it again!

Really?! so cool :) 

I've recently gotten into Kaiser Chiefs because of their album Employment, and it is really great. It's a solid listen all the way through for me, and I'm suprised by how much I love every song on the album. I hope the rest of their discography is just as awesome!

It is.  my favorite album is Yours Truly, Angry Mob and btw, they are great in live  :D

Soo

Soo
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Joined May 07, 2009
  • 107 rep

I haven't posted in here for ages so here goes:

Looking forward to the new album coming out at the end of March 2014, here is the tracklisting for anyone who hasn't seen it:

Kaiser Chiefs - ‘Education, Education, Education & War’ | Track List

01: The Factory Gates
02: Coming Home
03: Misery Company
04: Ruffians On Parade
05: Meanwhile Up In Heaven
06: One More Last Song
07: My Life
08: Bows & Arrows
09: Cannons
10: Roses

Official Audio for Misery Company: :wub:

And lastly, the advert for the new series of The Voice UK:

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Comma Chameleon

• 7,478 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,251 rep

That advert for The Voice is terrifying. To be honest I really don't know what Ricky's doing there. He's hardly a great singer or producer.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,110 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,291 rep

Not sure how I feel about Misery Company yet. I think the verses are cool but then the chorus does nothing for me. =/

Psycho Britney

Psycho Britney
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined Aug 11, 2007
  • 38 rep

Well I have to say I am enjoying The Voice!lol! I am glad though the small shows went on sale before this started, or I don't know if I'd have managed to get tickets for the London show!

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers

• 22,132 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,901 rep

how is the new album?

is it just me or Ricky lose too much weight?

Psycho Britney

Psycho Britney
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined Aug 11, 2007
  • 38 rep

^

I think the new album is going to be great, judging from the new songs that they played on Thursday. They said that the first single is going to be 'Coming Home', which sounded epic in the sense that I think it'll go down great at festivals! I really liked a song called 'Cannon's as well, which fits in with the war or anti-war element of the record. 'Misery Company' still sounded very catchy!lol! The whole show was amazing actually!

I do think that Ricky is very slim now too, though he is eye candy!! ;)  However he seems to be maintaining his trim shape, and he obviously seems happy. I must say though, I really hope he doesn't lose any more weight, or I think he would look very gaunt.

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers

• 22,132 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,901 rep

Ricky lost so much weight, maybe even too much... 

gifs I made:

egpf7a.jpg

aondpf.jpg

20a32c8.jpg

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Comma Chameleon

• 7,478 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,251 rep

Ricky lost so much weight, maybe even too much... 

He looks good for it. It's a shame he's coming across as an absolute douchenozzle on The Voice.

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers

• 22,132 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,901 rep

He looks good for it. It's a shame he's coming across as an absolute douchenozzle on The Voice.

oops forgot to add "still sexy" ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users