Help with a school speech on Green Day

Whydoyouwanthim

Well I have to do this speech in class. There is going to be a 1rst,2nd,3rd place winners. those will go on to the whole Grade level competition, then state wide, so on and so forth. The speech has to be atleast 2 minutes lon and no longer than 5 minutes. We can do the speech on whatever we want and I am going to do it on Green Day. The Tie breaker is the person who got closest to 4min.

Last year I did this speech on strokes and out of the grade level (whole school). I was wondering if you guess can help me out on what to include and how to make atleast five minutes long.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest n1i0m3r9od

Nice topic title.

Maybe, read about each members biography on GDA, and make a paragraoh about each one, and then a paragraph about the band, and alot of info in it to make it long.

Dont spend all your time on each band member, concentrate on the band's history i guess.

i think you should inclde stuff about how they started off like all band... a bunch of kids just wanting to be in a band... and about how their first few CD's bombed... and talk about like every stage of their careers

How about you start using titles relevant to the topics you make?

I'll change it, but please remember in future.

sorry.

Why don't you talk about how Green Day have made such an impact on today's music, a bit about their history, and their achievements over the years or something?

I'd say to focus on where they started from and where they're now. Don't include personal stuff about each one of them. Be sure to describe the influence they have on people and use stuff from bullet in a bible. Can you show pics and stuff or you have to only read? Is it like a presentation or like reading an essay?

I did a Green Day speech last year for a History thing (don't ask) and it was pretty easy to make the timing, which was seven minutes in the least because I actually knew what I was talking about, unlike the other times where I got boring topics I didn't care about. :)

start the speech with a lyric that means heaps to you, and finish it with another one or a quote from them or something, it should be on how green day impact others and music today. make sure you speak about how they have grown up as a band, mention sweet children and the old drummer and stuff like that, their views on war and politics and shit

i read "american idiots and the new punk explosion" great book. its almost all about thier childhoot and teen years, you should get it. i got it in a really big book store when i was in europe. should have everything you need for a speech, and its really fun to read.

talk about the life they lived before green day etc., talk about how music impacted them, how their music impacted fans today, wat kinds of meaningful messages do they send out, their views on society today (like how pres. bush sucks), etc.

Put big words in it. It makes you sound smart. But make sure you use the big words right, or else you don't sound so smart anymore.

Put big words in it. It makes you sound smart. But make sure you use the big words right, or else you don't sound so smart anymore.

haha i use that philosophy with every one of my speaches :laugh:

makes for an awesome grade

say wat gd stands for being ur self pick a few quotes from songs and same wat reality of them affect u and the world

Archived