what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

Good Riddance. Not that I knew it was by Green Day, I went to this camp and on the last night one of the older boys played it on his guitar and sang.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good riddance which i heard in like 1998 off a mix cd of my friends but it didnt really occur to me that it was green day until last year.

One of teh singles off Dookie. I remember sitting in front of the tv when I was a kid watching Mtv and there they were.

Basket Case...but I heard it two years ago, and I didin't like it. Then, when I heard American Idiot I started to love every Green Day song :wub:

It's funny how everyone's first time hearing Green Day was either around Dookie or American Idiot. The first song I heard was Minority a bit after Warning came out.

I cant remember if i have already posted... but it was warning or minority. i luved both songs. then when ai came out i became a fan. so yeah

it was in my technology drafting class! my teacher was playing a random play on yahoo music and good riddance came on. i didn't know who it was at the time, but i asked around all day until someone finally told me it was 'green day' ever since then i've been addicted! :D

The first song I heard from them was probably Basket Case, but at that time, I didn't realize it was Green Day at all, because I firstly knew they existed after American Idiot, so since about 1 1/2 years now.

It was quite surprising finding out that songs like "When I Come Around" were/are also by them... :blink:

hmm basket case.. i didn´t like it at first but my brother is obsessed with green day and after he bought the dookie album he played that song about 60 times so..it kinda got to me :)

"When I Come Around" which was back innn..1995, my sister was a fan of Green Day but I had never heard of them before, I never had MTV back in 1994 so I couldn't see any music videos really, so we got cable and BAM...I was mesmorised by the excellence.

I heard Good Roddance (Time Of Your Life) a few years ago and I liked it, but I didnt know it was Green Day. Then American Idiot came out and I became addicted to their music :thumbsup:

Archived