what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

Good riddance. I asked my dad who it was by and he said "Green Day. But you won't like them. The rest of their stuff isn't that great." I know, horrid. Obviously, he was wrong. And don't worry, he got smarter. Now he likes them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something from Dookie. Probably Basket Case or When I Come Around..I was really young so I don't remember.

I know I heard, Time of Your life, but that was before I knew who they were really, my friend made me listen to Jesus of Suburbia, and introduced with, it's awesome, it's like 9 minutes long! I thought I was gonna die, cz 9 mins of anything didn't sound all that great... thank god for people abusing me with music...

Oh, Basketcase <3 That was the song of my YOUTHLY-YOUTH.

You know, back in the day when I needed a babysitter and she locked me in my room to make out with boys and listen to Dookie. I learned a lot from her.

basket case....but i didnt know who they were at that time. but when i knew who they were i heard waiting :thumbsup:

american idiot on the radio. i was like shit! someone who actually writes good song. who are they? i was somewhat suprised to hear that it was green day. i thought that green day were like slipknot/korn

• 4 weeks later...

uhmm..probably when i come around when i was like 4. i remember singing along to it when i was little

Minority. I first seen the video for it and I really liked it. Back then I thought Green Day was an irish band!! I was little and stupid.

i think that the first Green Day song that i ever listneed to was... Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) It was so cool, i knew every word of the song and i had only heard it five times

A handful of Dookie songs, but I was pretty young during that era. I think the first song I can clearly remember hearing was Good Riddance. I heard that song a lot.

I was 3rd grade and it was MTV springbreaka dn Green Day was performing Nice Guys Finish Last and im like this band sucks i hate them. This was when i liked rap music.

mine was Holiday. it was on MTV, and i go dressed and watch MTV in the mornings before school last year when i first heard it, back in the sixth grade :down: before i had to catch a bus and couldn't sit and stare at BJ. i've loved holiday, it was the song that made me go out and buy american idiot, and all the albums before it. :D

Well, I learned how to sing the beginning of Basket Case when I was 5. So, I guess that song. Then I forgot about Green Day for a long time, and then I heard American Idiot on the radio, and I really liked it. Actually, no. I knew Good Riddance since 3rd grade. But then again, I didn't know who Green Day really was so, yeah, American Idiot.

I was 3rd grade and it was MTV springbreaka dn Green Day was performing Nice Guys Finish Last and im like this band sucks i hate them. This was when i liked rap music.

:sick: rap music? :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: x1,000,000

Archived