what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

American Idiot is the song that made me a fan, but they were in American Pie before i knew who they were, and loved the song that was on. i forget what one that is now, though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American Idiot is the song that made me a fan, but they were in American Pie before i knew who they were, and loved the song that was on. i forget what one that is now, though.

I think it was Scumbag.

• 2 weeks later...

The first song I heard was probably off AI, but the first song I remember liking was 21 guns. Then I found Dookie and American Idiot that my sister and the first one that really made me a fan was probably Jesus of Suburbia.

When I Come Around, over this past summer. Then I got American Idiot (the CD) and just fell head over heels :wub:

"She" was the first song I heard. My dad had bought Dookie and Insomniac back in the 90's. He was a fan in the 90's but he'd kind of forgotten about them when Nimrod and Warning came out. When I was 8 or 9, I found the Dookie CD in the storage room and I heard "She" and was hooked ever since. I bought all of the CD's and my dad got back into Green Day. We went to see them on the 21st Century Breakdown Tour when I was 11 and My little brother was 9. I'm now 16 and have yet to see them again. I was gonna go to one of the canceled tour dates, so that kind of sucked.

When i come around! For a while i only watched the video because i liked the bit with the ballet class, and then i was like hey there's a song in the background!

First heard about American Idiot, discovered 21 Guns, started to be fan with 21 guns.

• 3 weeks later...

The first Green Day song I heard was Boulevard of Broken Dreams when I was 8 years old. After few years I "found" the song again, listened to it and remembered how good it was! I have been GD fan ever since :happy:

I think it was Scumbag.

Yeah that's it! It's playing in the background during a house party scene in American Pie 2. When Stifler tells Jim to put his shirt back on (I'm an AP nerd) :P

The song that made me a fan was WMUWSE. I remember being in the car on the way to school (I was 11) and it came on the radio and my mom asked if I liked it...my 11 year old self then received American Idiot for Christmas. :happy: I even a radio show in the car where the host was talking to Green Day fans over the phone and one of them mentioned Dookie and I thought it was such a funny word. I had no idea back then obviously :lol:

Pretty crazy to think that ten years later they'd be such a big part of my life. :happy:

Archived