what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the first Green Day song i heard was American Idiot (before i really knew who Green Day was), then i heard Basket Case on a ipod shuffle thing this radio station does and i fell in love :blush:

I remember as a little kid hearing Brain Stew on the soundtrack to Godzilla and liking it a lot but hearing American Idiot really made me become the fan I am today!

i remember hearing the Godzilla thing on my ipod for the first time(not knowing where it came from) and i was like what the hell is this?! then i heard the guitar and was like ohhh!

i always wondered why it was called Godzilla Soundtrack... but now i know

boulevard of broken dreams ..

randomly found it on my sister's iPod and loved it soo much :happy:

Well the first song I heard was 'Welcome to Paradise' but I was 7 and I wasn't in love with them.

My friend introduced them to me, and I listened to the newer stuff first, as the only rock I liked was quite happy and upbeat. Then I started listening to the earlier stuff.

But I think the whole AI album made me fall in love with them, that album is pure genius.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know what the first Green Day song I ever heard was. When I was really little my mom said that Basket Case was on MTV all the time. But she said she didnt listen to them because they were hooligans. lol. So I recognized it when I was getting into Green Day. But I also recognized She, When I Come Around, American Idiot, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and 21 Guns. So any of those could have been the first song I ever listened to. I had Wake Me Up When September Ends on my iPod for a few years before I got into Green Day. I just skipped it every time cuz I didnt care.

But the first song that got me into Green Day is when I was browsing You Tube and 21st Century Breakdown was a featured video. I watched it out of curiosity, (not having any clue who Green Day was) and I loved the video. It was really cool, the song was awesome, and Billie Joe looks mighty fine at the end ;)

Probably East Jesus Nowhere got me into them, first song was Basket Case more than likely:')

• 2 weeks later...

Basket Case was the first song I heard and I have been hooked ever since.

Well, I don't think there is a particular song that made me love them...I began listening to American Idiot but without a great interest...Then my brother give me "1.039 smoothed out slappy hours" as a gift... and I didn't love it too much...ahahahah... I don't know how I fell in love with us... but if I have to choose a song of course "At the library" and "Going to Pasalaqua" because they were the first old songs which I listen to... And of course now I love all Green Day's albums , included American Idiot and 39/Smooth....eheheh...

the one that truly made me a fan would be American Idiot but I had always known and loved Good Riddance :P you will probs be slighlty shocked but when I was small I never knew who sung that song lol till American Idiot opened my eyes and ears :P

They had me after I heard the transition from Chump into Longview. There was just something so incredible about the two songs rolling into one another, it was like nothing I had ever heard before. After Longview ended I knew I was a Green Day fan.

Mine was either Holiday or American Idiit. I remember being in the car with my parents when I was five, and listening to Holiday with the volume turned upreally loud.

Good Riddance was the first Green day song I had heard, I was in middle school when I first heard it. So, I technically have been a Green day fan for eleven years. I have just become more of a fan of Green day over the past eight years. :banana::dance: .

I think the first Green Day song I fell in love with was She. My friend had Kerplunk and Dookie on cassette and I think we snapped the tapes listening to them over and over again!! I think I was about 15 at the time

The first GD song I heard was Basket Case back in the 90's and thanks to my brother! It blew my mind!

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could say it was something off of the one of the older albums but I didn't start listening to music until I was 10 and my friend put on American Idiot.

American Idiot was not only the first song that got me into Green Day, it was the first song that got me to love music as a whole.

Holiday... I saw the video on MTV when I was 11 and I thought "what a song!!!" :woot: But no one made me really know anything about them and six years ago I didn't have internet, so I wasn't able to increase my knowledge of them... I dedicated last summer to music and I rembered my feelings listening to Holiday... So I really discovered Green Day and felt in love with their music! (Iìm a young fan I know :) )

Are We The Waiting was the first Green Day song I've heard :happy: I was blown away by the voice and the lyrics, it was as if something totally new was right there in front of me, as if I could suddenly SEE the world :happy::lol:

time of your life. heard it on Smallville and I loved it but didn't find out who sang it until I heard American Idiot and Boulevard of Broken Dreams. From then on I pretty much discovered all of Green Day's songs and fell in love!

Boulevard of broken dreams.

Heard it on tv and after in a supermarket. And I said "Ohh, the tv's song!" Pathetic XD

I was eleven *-*

(What a nice childhood XDD)

Archived