what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

well my parents have been gd fans since the 1,000 Hours ep was released, but i became a fan after i heard my parents playing Dry Ice when i was 9.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name=Bianca Burnout ;)' timestamp='1290482027' post='4217089]

Basketcase :D

But I didn't know who they were until later.

I think probably the first GD song I heard was When I come Around. I dont remember, my brother would play the Dookie cd for me when I was three haha. I don't remember which one I heard first.

As I've posted in various other threads the first GD album I listened to was Dookie, thanks to my stepdad. When he first showed it to me, he skipped to the seventh track on the album and that's also the one that got me hooked. If you don't know which song that is, I seriously wonder why you're a member of GDC...

the first was Longview

Same! But what happened for me was that it was the end of a school day and my friend gave me dookie and said here's the album dookie by this band called green day! Since it was the end of the day I was spacing out so I herd here is this album by the band dookie! Then I listened to longview and I herd the word tube. So I thought green day was a english band called dookie!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I can't really remember the first song I've heard by them.

I know I heard them on the radio when I was younger, but I didn't

ever really listen to the lyrics or anything. Yes, it's sad to admit.

The first song I listened to by them with the booklet in my hands

was American Idiot. When it got to Holiday, I remember just

really digging it at the time. It was the first Green Day song I

memorized the lyrics to. And after that, I went on a mission to

get the rest of the albums. But yea, I'd say "Holiday" is the

song that began my obsession with Green Day. :happy:

First song had to be BOBD. I remeber back in 2005 hearing it on the radio and I would always think "oh my gosh I love this song!" What really got me hooked was Longview though when my mom found her Dookie cd.

boulevard of broken dreams

i remember hearing it on the radio and falling immediately for it, and after a couple weeks i became a green day addict... fun times lol

So I'm reading this book - Life at the Shallow End by Helen Bailey, if anyone knows it - and it mentioned the main character listening to Green Day.

I'm not kidding.

From that, I went on the internet and searched them, and discovered that I knew quite a few of their songs - Wake Me Up, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams are the only ones i can really remember ... remembering.

So I guess the first song I heard was Boulevard, when I was quite young, but when I first started researching them it was probably American Idiot.

What a stroke of luck that I picked up that book :P

:dance: Wake Me Up When September Ends...i remember the day...it was....owww...i cant describe it! :runaround:

It was a new door in my life...a door? WTF!...its was a NEW FUCKING WORLD!!! :wub::runaround:

My friend had played the whole American Idiot album for me when I was like 8. The song that really got me hooked was Holiday. :)

when i was six, my ma got me the Kids Bop album :mellow:

i really like BOBD, and then when i was 11/12, i heard 21 Guns and decided to check Green Day out

then i borrowed AI from the local library and found BOBD and im just like :wub:

so i would say either 21 Guns or BOBD got me hooked :happy:

When I Come Around was my first Green Day song, but I'd give credit to Holiday for turning me into a hardcore fan.

I think I listened to Dookie a couple times before becoming a fan, but the song Jesus of Suburbia really got me into them.

Boulevard of Broken Dreams without a doubt. I went my entire life despising Green Day and then that song... :wub:

Boulevard of Broken Dreams was the one that had gotten me into them (however it was 3 fucking years after the album was released :pinch:). I remembered hearing the song on a Kidz Bop commercial. :P I liked it even though KB sucks MAJOR ass. Anyway, my brother had shown me the music video for American Idiot, and when I was checking more of their songs out on Youtube, I found BOBD, recognized it, and was like "Hellooo new favorite band. :wub:"

It will always be one of my all time favorite songs. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Longview. That song made me throw away my grunge cds. With a little research i was balls deep in operation ivy and screeching weasel in no time. Never looked back. I was heavy into Nirvana and Soundgarden..crap like that..pretty much everyone was in the early nineties..and i always kinda liked it. But i never loved an album until i bought dookie. Pretty much everything i listen to today or since is because of that album.

Longview. That song made me throw away my grunge cds. With a little research i was balls deep in operation ivy and screeching weasel in no time. Never looked back. I was heavy into Nirvana and Soundgarden..crap like that..pretty much everyone was in the early nineties..and i always kinda liked it. But i never loved an album until i bought dookie. Pretty much everything i listen to today or since is because of that album.

Your post pretty much sums me up - I played my Dookie tape till it almost broke and ignored everything else, until I bought Kerplunk/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours....

Archived