what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

I am not sure - it was to long ago. I remember seeing Longview, Basket Case and When I come around on MTV a lot when I was 11 or 12 so it would be one of those. I remember getting When I come around the most as it was on all the time. I brought the Dookie album because it had Basket Case on and I liked the album cover when I was 13 (95) and that is when I became a fan.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basket case because my brother loved it so much and would make me dance to it when i was little :D

The first i was really aware of was waiting ^^

Basket Case was i think on the TV i thought this is pretty good and when American Idiot came out i bought that and thats when the obsession Began (then went to buy the rest of the albums) :D i was like 7 when i heard basket case for the first time! :D

well the first song I heard by them was Good Riddance but that didn't make me a fan. I heard several songs by them but Holiday sparked my interest and made me buy my first Green Day album so I guess Holiday made me a fan.

A lil late but Wake Me Up When September Ends

on Youtube's featured video section

But then I became a REAL FAN when i heard Holiday on my friends iPod.

I think the first song I heard of theirs was "When I Come Around." I was 6. I heard some of their songs on the radio after that at times, but didn't go purchase any of their albums til I was a bit older.

Welcome to Paradise when I was about in elementary school. My cousins used to play their music all the time

Brain Stew back when the '98 Godzillla (Shitty movie, but the series has always been my guilty pleasure, haha) came out and I believe the song was in the credits (remix of it at least). I wasn't really into music a whole ton at the time and was, like, 7 or 8 then so I really didn't recognize it was Green Day until I was actually got into them 5 or 6 years later when American Idiot came out. I still remember it just kicking ass though, like, 'wow this is awesome'. The song though that got me into them though was Boulevard, since it was on the radio so much at them time. Was like, "Well, this is awesome! I should get the album." One of the best decisions of my life and it's still my favorite album ever and they're still my favorite band

The first Green Day song I heard was Coming Clean my dad had the Dookie album and he put Coming Clean on and I just got "addicted" from there lol! ;)

I heard BOBD and American idiot on the radio and fell in love but I didn't know who it was. So when my dad gave dookie to me (hes not a green day fan and just got the album b/c it was cheap) and I heard burnout I knew it was a band for me!

I was in about 6th grade, so I woud be then 10 or 11

i don't remember the first one but i remember the one that made me a fan it was.........letterbomb :) now it's one of my fave GD songs

Either American Idiot or BOBD. But when I heard KYE a while later, that made me re-fall in love with the band :)

It wasn't the first song I heard by them, but it was the one that made me realise just how amazing they really are-21 Guns, Live at Abbey Road :wub:

The first Green Day song I ever heard was "Road To Acceptance". The first time I heard it was

in in May 1991. I saw them preform it live in Aug 1991 and "Road To Acceptance" was the closing

song. I love that song it is still one of my favorites...

The live version of Holiday.

Then after hearing Jesus of Suburbia, I know GD are my hero!!

Good Riddance...it came out when I was in like 1st grade but I first heard it in 3rd grade and fell in love with Green Day and have been for 10 years. :thumbsup:

Archived