what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Basket Case, cos i remember seeing on a music channel, but i didn't properly get into them until Holiday

Geek stink breath when I was 4. Its kinda funny until a few months ago when I got insomniac, I had no idea what that tune was in my head. Then not until i saw that video again, i didnt knwo where that strange thought came from, which was the band performing in that video. prettyyy colloorrsss

When my friend got the cd ISH 4 her b-day, i thought who the fuk is Green Day?! :unsure:

She turned on Minority and I loved the song but I still didn't care for them. Then at her next b-day

she got AI and I listened to BOBD and fell in love. :wub:

2000 Light Years Away.. on an obscure college radio station, but when i heard it, it was around insomniac or nimrod time.. not trying to be all "ive loved them since they first practiced in '89 or some shit"...

I honestly cannot think of the "first song i ever heard by them" but when i was about 6yrs(maybe younger, not sure)

My brother was(still is) a big fan of them and he would always play their music but i didn't care much for music back then lol

If i had to say, i'm just going to say the whole Dookie cd- it really stuck in my head and Good Riddance(Time of Your Life)

But i didn't really get too much into Green Day, til after AI was released

When I Come Around, but I was really young. The first song that got me interested in them was Welcome to Paradise.

Good Riddance when it was first released. Fell in love with it. Bought Nimrod. The rest is history...

The first time I heard a Green Day song. When I was five I remember hearing Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life), Longview and Nice Guys Finish Last on the radio. At the time though I was too young to know anything about music let a lone Green Day. I was obsessed with them though. Too bad my parents never took it seriously. Sometimes during school I would start huming or singing the chorus to Good Riddance and Nice Guys Finish Last. I just humed the Bass part for Longview. Sometimes I would freak out because I never knew were I was getting these things.

Then I heard American Idiot about 2 years ago (2004) and feel in love all over again. Then I got Nimrod and freaked out when Nice Guys Finish Last because I rememberd everything. Then freaked out again when I head Good Riddance. Same thing happend when I got Dookie.

Minority was the first one i heard, and was the first time i had heard of green day and really liked them, but i know i'd heard others before, cause my sister had some of their cds before, but minority was it for me.

I remember that I heard Basket Case something like four years ago on the radio, but I didn't even know who Green Day was. When I heard American Idiot I liked it

Archived