what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Riddance was technically the first Green Day song I ever heard, but seeing the American Idiot music video on tv was the first time I actually really knew who they were.

You just took the words out of my mouth

And When I come Around....

:D

My first Green Day song was Basket Case... I was soo young and sooo crazy so that fit right in. I didnt know who they were back then though.

when i was younger i was obessed with basket case and that was the first green day song i heard.

Good Riddance..i remember looking at the insert and thinking they all looked really weird...I was into the boy bands at thay time in my life so it kind of explains my thinking.

The first song i heard that i knew was Green Day was American idiot but i realised later that i had heard Good Riddance before that and loved it but not known it was Green Day!

Longview was one of those songs I would always hear, but never cared enough to find out the artist.

Then a few years later, it was the song that got me into Green Day.

the first song i heard was Blvd of Broken Dreams

pathetic i know.. but i was moving from country to country, and when i was younger, all i heard was the popular shit cause of the countries and blah blah blah...

My first Green Day song was either Basketcase or When I come Around...

I think I was When I Come Around.

Good riddance. I didn't know it was them until i saw a show and they mentioned it was by Green Day. Then I was visiting my friend in RI who had just bought Nimrod and she let me listen to it and i was listening to the Grouch. So I'm like... I am in love. went home and asked for nimrod for my birthday.

mine was either brain stew hitchin a ride or good riddance, because i got into green day around nimord era but herd brain stew on the godzilla soundtrack.

so any of those 3 songs.

Archived