what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Riddance on the radio and a few televison shows.

Ironically when I heard the song it inspired me to play the violin... stupid seven year-old brain. :rolleyes:

Umm either Basket Case or Good Riddance around the era of International Superhits as my mate was into them and kept on replaying them over and over again, and at first I was a bit :wacko: about it all. but then i got into them alot in 2003 and now I love them!

Good Riddance was technically the first Green Day song I ever heard, but seeing the American Idiot music video on tv was the first time I actually really knew who they were.

Same with me :)

i guess it was Basket Case, i was 4 so i dont remeber it that good but i also remeber listening to when i come around.

Well, Dookie was the only Green Day CD my sister had when I was growing up. She played it a lot, but since I was a kid, I really didn't pay much attention to it. But I do know that as I grew older, the one song I really knew was Basket Case. The other ones I remember were Longview and Welcome to Paradise.

Then, when I heard American Idiot for the very first time on my radio, I automatically fell in love with it. I went back and learned every song from Dookie , and then purchased American Idiot. My first CD ever. Now, I also have Nimrod and Shenanigans.

Ok, so a little off topic, :laugh: but yeah, you get the point :P

i think i heard basketcase at the radio...but the i forgot about the band...till i looked a year laetr or sumthin "green day" up in the internet...i found that american idiot vid...and thought fuck! are they stupid with all that green slime and stuff ^^ haha....

Basketcase.

I didn't know anything about Green Day - I'd just heard their name, and I thought it must be something to do with the environment! :P

Then I listened to this funny little song that wasn't funny at all, and I got mesmerized by this brilliant songwriter.

I knew I was listening to unflinching truth, and I've been listening ever since. :wub:

When I Come Around. My dad told me that when I was younger and when Green Day was on the cover of Spin, he said we were walking through the store and I pointed and was like "I like the guy with blue hair!" Yes, this is around the time of Woodstock and it was in '94, so I was 3 years old.

Archived