what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

i did a search nothing came up sorry if this has been done before!

anyway the first green day song i heard was american idiot on the tv :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was either Basketcase or Longview.

I'm pretty sure it was Basketcase.

I have strong recollection of driving with the stero blaring and singing it really loudly.

But then I still do that.....

im sure the first i hear and enjoy is warning

hear that song make me wish know more about green day...and now im a fan :thumbsup:

BOBD - because my friend recommended it to me. Funnily enough I didn't actually like Green Day when I first heard them.

im pretty sure mine was burnout

my cousin has been into green day for time and lent me dookie when i was younger

BOBD - because my friend recommended it to me. Funnily enough I didn't actually like Green Day when I first heard them.

i thought they were ok when i heard american idiot (the song) but i heard bobd on the radio and i fell i love with it. now i hate it :rolleyes:

I believe the first green day song was american idiot,and since then iam a big green day fan and have also heard most of the old songs... :)

Well my parents always played them when I was a baby if that counts....lol. I believe it was Good Riddance though.

Basket Case - but i didn't get into them until American Idiot was released

BOBD got me right into the band - a real special song for me. It was on the radio today when we were coming back from a trip and my friends and i were singing along to it - great stuff :)

Good Riddance was technically the first Green Day song I ever heard, but seeing the American Idiot music video on tv was the first time I actually really knew who they were.

the first song was Boulevard...! I liked it very much, then listened to AI and after that I decided to buy other albums!!!! :wink:

I probably heard all thier early Dookie songs, but my brain wasn't developed enough that I remember that now....

I first remember hearing Time Of Your Life on the radio.

They wouldn't stop playing it...I hated that.

I just remember the line: "It's something unpredictable but in the end it's right..." playing over and over.

Archived