what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

It wasn't just one song for me. It was 21 Guns, East Jesus Nowhere, and St. Jimmy mixed with realizing that all these other songs that I loved were by them too (Good Riddance, Basket Case, Holiday, American Idiot, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, WMUWSE)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first song I ever heard was BOBD.

But first time I heard of Green Day was when I watched Simpsons the movie :cool:

The first one.... I can't remember) but I guess the album American idiot made me a real fan!!!!

Wake Me Up When September Ends

As soon as I saw the vid, I fell in love with it and started finding out about them. And them I became obsessed : D

I know, I know it's not the most GD-sounding song in history, but I was ten, I wasn't into "tougher" music at that time. Actually GD were the ones who introduced me to the real rock world.

I heard Brain Stew on the radio when I was younger. I just remember the On my own, here we go.. constantly playing.

But the song that for sure made me a fan was Jesus Of Suburbia.

Then when I was 8 years old I remember seeing the Minority music video on TV and loving it, and my Mom hated it, haha. But my older cousin was really into Green Day and played them for me when my parents weren't around from the time I was 8 onwards. So I was secretly a fan for a while so I wouldn't get my cousin in trouble. :shifty:

Then when I was 13 and American Idiot came out I was kind of branching off and listening to my own music whether my parents liked it or not around that time, and so I came out of the closet and announced my love of Green Day, haha.

But Minority definitley started it for me. And I really loved Brain Stew when I was young too.

Memories :happy:

the day i heard wake me up when september ends...was the day that changed my life.... :D

Then when I was 8 years old I remember seeing the Minority music video on TV and loving it, and my Mom hated it, haha. But my older cousin was really into Green Day and played them for me when my parents weren't around from the time I was 8 onwards. So I was secretly a fan for a while so I wouldn't get my cousin in trouble. :shifty:

Then when I was 13 and American Idiot came out I was kind of branching off and listening to my own music whether my parents liked it or not around that time, and so I came out of the closet and announced my love of Green Day, haha.

But Minority definitley started it for me. And I really loved Brain Stew when I was young too.

Memories :happy:

awwwww :blush:

BOBD - we had to learn it by heart as homework :lol:

however, Viva La Gloria was the song that kicked my intrest

even though WMUWSE was the song that sparked my interest in green day, i remember hearing warning on the radio very often wen i was younger (about 4 or 5 yrs old) and singing along to it. also, my older sister watched MTV a lot at that time, and she'd sit me next to her, and the vid of warning came up alot, so i've always been really fond of it....

i also remember that when my interest in green day started to spark (it was later on, when i was 12) and i looked up all the gd videos online, i watched warning and it reminded me of my early childhood watching mtv w/ my sister :blush:

hahah ik most of u dont care abt this, but its rlly special for me :)

im actually surprised that this thread has only 36 pages compared to some that have 200+ pages, like the american idiot musical one.

I first heard Green Day in 2006 and the song was Wake Me Up When September Ends but I didn't know who it was, I just know I liked the song. A year passes or so and I catch a rerun of Seinfeld and it happened to be the final episode with Good Riddance(Time of your life) and I asked my mom who sings that and she said she thinks it was Green Day, so I went on Youtube and looked up Green Day and found out how amazing they were (Just watching their hits and singles) and slowly worked my way through their entire catalog of music and have been a huge fan ever since.

Yeah I herd WMUWSE first too, and just like it too. One day one of my friend sent me a few song I think AI, St.Jimmy, Holyday and BOBD and I knew they are my life. Firstly I listened American Idiot album, and when 21stCB released a listened it too. After it I wanted to know more about them and started to listening their older album, especially Warning and Nimrod.

No One Knows from Kerplunk in 1993, my friend gave me a mix tape of some underground punk bands and I loved the song, so I bought Kerplunk and 1,039/SOSH album. (Although my friend had to find the 1,039/SOSH album for me since I couldn't find it anywhere.

In 2004, I heard like everyone else WMUWSE, Holiday, etc. and I thought they were OK, but...

The first song that made me a fan? Can I have 2?

Because, in 2007, one of my friends gave me a cd with various songs of various artists...and she put Good Riddance and American Idiot...and I felt in love with these 2.

Now, I like all the songs :D

The first GD song I heard was Minority,but the sond that made me a big GD fan was Wake me up When September eeeendsssss.

definitely Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I still feel the same way when I hear BJ's voice in that song, even after so many years :)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the radio said green day was coming up so i thought "cool, the local guys" (i live in california). and then welcome to paradise blew me away

Archived