Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Manic Street Preachers

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Akshat Jain's Comma Dealer

• 11,314 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,255 rep

'Futurology', the new album from the Manic Street Preachers, will be released on July 7.

Furious, propulsive and expansive, 'Futurology' is the sound of the Manics at their very best - a record inspired by permanent revolution, modern art and Autobahns.

Special guests include Green Gartside (Scritti Politti), Welsh Music Prize 2013 winner Georgia Ruth, Cian Ciarán (Super Furry Animals) and German film star Nina Hoss.

Pre-orders for 'Futurology' are open now.

Track listing: 'Futurology' - 'Walk Me To The Bridge' - 'Let's Go To War' - 'The Next Jet To Leave Moscow' - 'Europa Geht Durch Mich' - 'Divine Youth' - 'Sex, Power Love and Money' - 'Dreaming A City (Hughesovka)' - 'Black Square' - 'Between The Clock And The Bed' - 'Misguided Missile' - 'The View From Stow Hill' - 'Mayakovsky'

• A song for the lovers likes this

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • shut up, Merlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,290 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,989 rep

I didn't even know there is new album.......

I don't even have Rewind The Film :lol:

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,314 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,255 rep

I didn't even know there is new album.......

I don't even have Rewind The Film :lol:

Don't bother, Rewind The Film is the most disappointing album I've ever heard. The song they did from Futurology when I last saw them was pretty good though, it's a James and Nicky duet.

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • shut up, Merlin

• 22,290 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,989 rep

Don't bother, Rewind The Film is the most disappointing album I've ever heard. The song they did from Futurology when I last saw them was pretty good though, it's a James and Nicky duet.

I will buy it anyway, people don't like Lifeblood but I do... 

I will buy both of the albums in couple of months, I like to wait a bit when the price is a bit cheaper.

p.s: I love their new song!  

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,314 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,255 rep

So the new single/video are, er, interesting?

Quickly losing interest to be honest.

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • shut up, Merlin

• 22,290 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,989 rep

^I think it's good 

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,314 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,255 rep

Busy day in Manics land. Futurology is out today; I got the leak a few days ago and it's absolutely amazing. Europa Geht Durch Mich is brilliant. I didn't think much of it live but with Nina Hoss' vocals it's really, really good. Also JDB has said that they're considering doing a tour featuring The Holy Bible in full, which would be incredible. :runaround:

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • shut up, Merlin

• 22,290 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,989 rep

Busy day in Manics land. Futurology is out today; I got the leak a few days ago and it's absolutely amazing. Europa Geht Durch Mich is brilliant. I didn't think much of it live but with Nina Hoss' vocals it's really, really good. Also JDB has said that they're considering doing a tour featuring The Holy Bible in full, which would be incredible. :runaround:

I want the Japanese deluxe version... but it's so expensive! 

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,314 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,255 rep

I want the Japanese deluxe version... but it's so expensive! 

Yeah, I think I'm done spending a fortune on them. I got the full box set of the 20th Anniversary Generation Terrorists but I wouldn't bother with new releases.

They played a cracking set at Rough Trade last night, half Futurology and half Holy Bible, as well as a signing session. It's not far from me, I just wish I could have afforded to go :(

Shondells

Shondells
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined Apr 29, 2014
  • 17 rep

Yeah, I think I'm done spending a fortune on them. I got the full box set of the 20th Anniversary Generation Terrorists but I wouldn't bother with new releases.

They played a cracking set at Rough Trade last night, half Futurology and half Holy Bible, as well as a signing session. It's not far from me, I just wish I could have afforded to go :(

I was there at Rough Trade. They rocked, like they were having a really good time with it. And, after being a fan since the 1990s, I finally got to meet them at the signing afterwards so that was cool.

The full set-list was:

Walk Me To The Bridge

Europa Geht Durch Mict

Let's Go To War

Futurology

Between the Clock and the Bed (acoustic - with Green Gartside)

Revol

Die in the Summertime

This is Yesterday

Archives of Pain

PCP

What do people think of the new album?

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,314 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,255 rep

I was there at Rough Trade. They rocked, like they were having a really good time with it. And, after being a fan since the 1990s, I finally got to meet them at the signing afterwards so that was cool.

The full set-list was:

Walk Me To The Bridge

Europa Geht Durch Mict

Let's Go To War

Futurology

Between the Clock and the Bed (acoustic - with Green Gartside)

Revol

Die in the Summertime

This is Yesterday

Archives of Pain

PCP

What do people think of the new album?

That is indeed an awesome set! Glad you finally got to meet them - I met Nicky after the rescheduled Brixton gig in January 2011 and James after the Manchester Apollo gig in May. :runaround:

I'm loving the new album. I thought, with the exception of This Sullen Welsh Heart and Anthem For A Lost Cause, Rewind The Film was really shoddy and I was pretty worried about Futurology. They played Europa Geht Durch Mich in Manchester and I wasn't keen, but the album version with Nina Hoss' vocals is amazing. Probably my favourite song on the album, and I'm absolutely loving the Krautrock influence. Best thing they've done since Send Away The Tigers. Do we have an Unpopular Manics Opinions thread? :lol:

Sauli

Sauli
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 363 rep

Do we have an Unpopular Manics Opinions thread? :lol:

You can start one and have a debate with your 13 side personalities :P

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,314 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,255 rep

You can start one and have a debate with your 13 side personalities :P

I could just go back to the Forever Delayed forum but I'd seriously rather not :P

Shondells

Shondells
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined Apr 29, 2014
  • 17 rep

That is indeed an awesome set! Glad you finally got to meet them - I met Nicky after the rescheduled Brixton gig in January 2011 and James after the Manchester Apollo gig in May. :runaround:

I'm loving the new album. I thought, with the exception of This Sullen Welsh Heart and Anthem For A Lost Cause, Rewind The Film was really shoddy and I was pretty worried about Futurology. They played Europa Geht Durch Mich in Manchester and I wasn't keen, but the album version with Nina Hoss' vocals is amazing. Probably my favourite song on the album, and I'm absolutely loving the Krautrock influence. Best thing they've done since Send Away The Tigers. Do we have an Unpopular Manics Opinions thread? :lol:

Ah cool!

Yeah - I struggled with Rewind The Film too, I only have 4 songs on my iPod (one of which is SMTW and I don't really rate it as a Manics offering - I heard a rumour it was a late addition as a 'radio friendly' single option for the label?)

Agreed about Futurology - when I first heard Walk Me To The Bridge I was blown away. It's a big tune, slightly quirky but it made me excited for a new Manics album for the first time in an age!

I also like Europa (see where you are coming from with the recorded version), Lets Go To War, Last Jet To Moscow, Sex, Power, Love & Money (its a sly grower - not really the rocker it tries to be, but the vocal melody gets ya eventually!), Dreaming a City (Hughesokva) and The View From Stow Hill. In all honesty, I feel the only real duffer is the title track.

Did anyone see the T in the Park performance over the weekend?

• Not Anyone. likes this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,314 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,255 rep

Ah cool!

Yeah - I struggled with Rewind The Film too, I only have 4 songs on my iPod (one of which is SMTW and I don't really rate it as a Manics offering - I heard a rumour it was a late addition as a 'radio friendly' single option for the label?)

Agreed about Futurology - when I first heard Walk Me To The Bridge I was blown away. It's a big tune, slightly quirky but it made me excited for a new Manics album for the first time in an age!

I also like Europa (see where you are coming from with the recorded version), Lets Go To War, Last Jet To Moscow, Sex, Power, Love & Money (its a sly grower - not really the rocker it tries to be, but the vocal melody gets ya eventually!), Dreaming a City (Hughesokva) and The View From Stow Hill. In all honesty, I feel the only real duffer is the title track.

Did anyone see the T in the Park performance over the weekend?

Yeah, that's right about Show Me The Wonder. I do think it's a pretty poor song but the live version is far better. I think that's the case with Manics songs generally though, James' vocals and guitar work get pulled back far too much in the studio. I guess it's a challenge to capture that enormous sound in a soundproof studio.

I agree with the list of the songs you like, they're all very good. I do love the lyrics from the title track though. "We’ll come back one day / We never really went away went away" is great, and it's very nice to hear a James/Nicky duet, finally.

I watched T and it was fantastic. James was on fire, one of the best performances I've ever seen. When I saw them at Brixton in '11 he was just indescribably amazing, I've never heard anything like it.

• Shondells likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users