Sign in to follow this  
Marc.

Rammstein

Hermione

I think the lyrics of Mein Teil are really good (even if also disgusting :P), love the dark humour.

• Like 1

Dai.

Gonna see them live on September 10 :happy:

• Like 1

Hermione

Awesome! They haven't played for a couple of years so it'll be interesting to see what tricks they have up their sleeve when they play these new shows.

I can't stop watching the beginning of this, best way to start a song ever :lol:

Dai.

Holy shit, the explosives are on them! :woot:

Hermione

Omg the new song (Ramm4 - I think because it's the fourth song they're done with "rammstein" in the chorus lol) they're opening shows with is hilarious.

Parody of themselves and big "yeah we're back let's rock" performances complete with tap dancing and a "na na na" singalong section, with verses made out of old song titles and the old East German national anthem quoted in the chorus :lol:. Just an awesome sounding song as well, it's like glam rock.

Disappearing-Shawn

This is a long shot, but I have two tickets I need to get rid of to their show in Jones Beach, NY on June 25th. I am no longer able to use these tickets, and paid $375 for them both (not seperately, I paid 187 or so each). If anyone is interested please contact me. They're section 19 row Q. I am willing to sell them both for $260 (I can negotiate!), or individually. 

Degenerated

For a long time, I had only heard songs off Herzeleid and Sehnsucht (and of course Live Aus Berlin). My older brother got me into the band when he showed me the song Du Hast.

I don't know what was up or going on in my life between 2003 and 2009, other than I can remember what all I was doing and stuff, but what I mean is I can't remember why I never got the CD's "Mutter", "Reise, Reise", "Rosenrot" or even "Liebe Ist Für Alle Da". I think my favorite song of all time they did is "Ohne Dich", or maybe "Du Riechst So Gut".

Off "Liebe Ist Für Alle Da", favorite track is "Ich Tu Dir Weh", and yes, I've looked up the english translation of the lyrics.... doesn't bother me, the music's really good.

RAMMSTEIN rules, my favourite songs of them are Du Hast, Mein Teil, Ich To Dir Weh, and Amerika.

"Ein Schrei wird zum Himmel fahren!
Schneidet sich durch Engelsscharen!
Vom Wolkendach fällt Federfleisch
auf meine Kindheit mit Gekreisch!"

Bully Hoe

I can't believe I didn't know there was a Rammstein thread in this forum :lol: I definitely would have posted here more if I had...

But have y'all seen the pictures for the new music video? I'm freaking out a bit because knowing Rammstein music videos, this is going to be loaded with provocations :D I was thinking that this could be a music video for "Hallelujah" which is one of my favorites, but I doubt it would be a good idea to promote a new album with a 18 year old song, so I'm getting my hopes up for another religion-themed song. :)

• Like 1

Hermione

It'd been so long since they did anything I hadn't kept up with Rammstein news for ages, just randomly decided to google the other day and heard about the new album coming out finally! Can't wait

Video looks interesting! And that looks like Jonas Akerlund directing so very excited to see it

Bully Hoe
1 minute ago, Hermione said:

It'd been so long since they did anything I hadn't kept up with Rammstein news for ages, just randomly decided to google the other day and heard about the new album coming out finally! Can't wait

Video looks interesting! And that looks like Jonas Akerlund directing so very excited to see it

Oh the album has been announced for months :lol: Back in... I think early October, when Paul Landers said it would be released in spring 2019 :) And one month later they announced the Europe Stadium Tour :D I actually thought you'd want to see them too, since they'll be performing in the UK.

I actually don't know that guy, only that he has worked with Rammstein before... Just looked up his work and I gotta say his Rammstein videos aren't my favorites, but he did do Telephone by Lady Gaga and that one is impressive, so I'm open to it :D Also the Video for "Mein Land" is super funny and entertaining as well, so he's got my attention :P 

Rammstein have been popping up in my Google newsfeed since the announcement, but the news were usually a bit negative or disheartening. Richard (the other guitarist) keeps doing interviews about how he's sick of how Rammstein is perceived by the world and that people reduce them to their impressive fire shows and underrate their music, or how he's tired of making music. Maybe the media has blown that out of proportion a bit, but I would hate to see him leave the band, as it has been rumored 😕

"Do I want to do another Rammstein? At the moment, I don’t because I did for four years of fucking Rammstein records. At the moment, I feel like I don’t want to do anything anymore, I’m fucking tired of music. At the moment, Emigrate is out and I’m very, very happy. The Rammstein record is coming out (we're thinking about April at the moment) and we’re going on tour probably for the next three years. I don’t know, so many things can happen." x

Hermione
4 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

Oh the album has been announced for months :lol: Back in... I think early October, when Paul Landers said it would be released in spring 2019 :) And one month later they announced the Europe Stadium Tour :D I actually thought you'd want to see them too, since they'll be performing in the UK.

I actually don't know that guy, only that he has worked with Rammstein before... Just looked up his work and I gotta say his Rammstein videos aren't my favorites, but he did do Telephone by Lady Gaga and that one is impressive, so I'm open to it :D Also the Video for "Mein Land" is super funny and entertaining as well, so he's got my attention :P 

Rammstein have been popping up in my Google newsfeed since the announcement, but the news were usually a bit negative or disheartening. Richard (the other guitarist) keeps doing interviews about how he's sick of how Rammstein is perceived by the world and that people reduce them to their impressive fire shows and underrate their music, or how he's tired of making music. Maybe the media has blown that out of proportion a bit, but I would hate to see him leave the band, as it has been rumored 😕

"Do I want to do another Rammstein? At the moment, I don’t because I did for four years of fucking Rammstein records. At the moment, I feel like I don’t want to do anything anymore, I’m fucking tired of music. At the moment, Emigrate is out and I’m very, very happy. The Rammstein record is coming out (we're thinking about April at the moment) and we’re going on tour probably for the next three years. I don’t know, so many things can happen." x

They kept saying an album would be out the next year or whatever so I stopped keeping up :P. And yeah Richard is always a drama queen so I just ignore what he says haha

Rammstein's videos are pretty much my favourite thing about them, they're like complete performance artists. I love all the ones he's done for them (and a lot that he's done for other artists) so I'm really glad it's him. 

Hermione

New song/video! This one not directed by Jonas Akerlund, I guess they're doing more than one

I think this is great, a thought provoking song and video. Video is on another level even by their high standards, very powerful. These guys are true artists. Spoiler because talking about the video

Spoiler

So I guess the basic outline is confronting Germany's history and the conflict of it being difficult to love their country because of it with some signature deliberately misinterpretable when taken out of context lines. And Germany personified as a black woman looking on, awesome. The Nazi concentration camp scenes are extremely powerful, wow. Bold of them to explore this subject with all the Nazi accusation bs they've faced, but at the same time it isn't surprising knowing how brave they are and how much integrity they have. There's so much more going on as well I'm sure, I'll be interested to read more interpretation/discussion of it. I've been so wondering what the new music would be like, having no idea when it's been so long since the last album (and being slightly worried because of the horrible Lindemann thing :P). Based on this song I can't wait for more. 

• Like 4

Hermione

Anyone else seen the video? I can't get it out of my head. With this video not only have they boldly displayed their country's history leaving nothing out and owning it in an artistic, thought provoking and currently relevant way with incredible epic visuals and intricate attention to detail, they also even found time to put a bunch of references to previous Rammstein videos in it. It's a masterpiece tbh, amazing work from the director, the actress playing Germania and the band.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Trotsky
On 3/30/2019 at 1:35 PM, Hermione said:

Anyone else seen the video? I can't get it out of my head. With this video not only have they boldly displayed their country's history leaving nothing out and owning it in an artistic, thought provoking and currently relevant way with incredible epic visuals and intricate attention to detail, they also even found time to put a bunch of references to previous Rammstein videos in it. It's a masterpiece tbh, amazing work from the director, the actress playing Germania and the band.

It's not often these days to see truly compelling music videos, this is a fucking work of art though. 

• Like 3

Hermione
1 hour ago, Trotsky said:

It's not often these days to see truly compelling music videos, this is a fucking work of art though. 

So true. Rammstein are one of the few acts I count on to deliver compelling music videos but I really think this is the most compelling music video I've ever seen. It's jaw dropping.

• Like 2

Mary Daze
On 3/30/2019 at 1:35 PM, Hermione said:

Hi, yes I have! And to be honest: I was SO surprised! I’ve got tickets for their show in Munich, it will be their first stadium tour and it will be massive. Tickets were sold out in no time. The video surprised me because of the very expensive looking production :lol: I expected a standard video, but it turned out to be a masterpiece!

As a German, I have more to add about the background: not only is it about the difficulties we face being proud/patriotic because of our past, but it also addresses how many Germans have become more radically racist again since 2015 (when most refugees came here, and it was a large number that came to Germany)... it’s a sad current development, in Leipzig/Dresden some individual non-Germans got chased by the racist mob, no joke, unfortunately :( 

They used a snipped of an old nationalist song “Das Lied Der Deutschen” that was sung in WW1 but also during WW2. I guess this snipped “Deutschland Deutschland über allem” is the most controversial part about the lyrics... it is also wildly discussed by a lot of different websites/magazines.

People who don’t get the song and especially those who don’t get the video will think it is racist... but how hard can it be to understand it’s not when they have a black woman as the symbol of “Germania” ??? Some people will always get rammstein wrong and think they are racist.

Another interpretation: he basically sings “Germany, your breath is cold, you’re so young and yet so old” in my opinion that is about Germany being a modern country, one that has only been re-united since 1990 but Germany is old because Germans don’t have many babies, there are mostly old people. (Which is in my opinion, one good reason FOR immigration because we need more young people again!)

Oh and: I know the execution scenes are very very intense. But in school we get like 5 years of history classes that are 90% about WW1 and WW2 and we usually go to a concentration camp to look at what happened in the past, we also watched very very intense documentaries. To us, it is very important to look at how horrible it was, to remind ourselves to never let this hell happen again. And yes, I do get why a lot of people with a Jewish background get offended by the video, and many say Rammstein only does it for the clicks... but I think it’s an important message, still. Young and educated people had a lot of hours in school to realise how horrible racism is.... but Rammstein has a big audience amongst 30-50 year-olds and I think it’s an important reminder of the horrible past for that generation, because they tend to forget how bad it truly was.

• Like 3

Hermione
11 hours ago, Mary Daze said:

Hi, yes I have! And to be honest: I was SO surprised! I’ve got tickets for their show in Munich, it will be their first stadium tour and it will be massive. Tickets were sold out in no time. The video surprised me because of the very expensive looking production :lol: I expected a standard video, but it turned out to be a masterpiece!

As a German, I have more to add about the background: not only is it about the difficulties we face being proud/patriotic because of our past, but it also addresses how many Germans have become more radically racist again since 2015 (when most refugees came here, and it was a large number that came to Germany)... it’s a sad current development, in Leipzig/Dresden some individual non-Germans got chased by the racist mob, no joke, unfortunately :( 

They used a snipped of an old nationalist song “Das Lied Der Deutschen” that was sung in WW1 but also during WW2. I guess this snipped “Deutschland Deutschland über allem” is the most controversial part about the lyrics... it is also wildly discussed by a lot of different websites/magazines.

People who don’t get the song and especially those who don’t get the video will think it is racist... but how hard can it be to understand it’s not when they have a black woman as the symbol of “Germania” ??? Some people will always get rammstein wrong and think they are racist.

Another interpretation: he basically sings “Germany, your breath is cold, you’re so young and yet so old” in my opinion that is about Germany being a modern country, one that has only been re-united since 1990 but Germany is old because Germans don’t have many babies, there are mostly old people. (Which is in my opinion, one good reason FOR immigration because we need more young people again!)

Oh and: I know the execution scenes are very very intense. But in school we get like 5 years of history classes that are 90% about WW1 and WW2 and we usually go to a concentration camp to look at what happened in the past, we also watched very very intense documentaries. To us, it is very important to look at how horrible it was, to remind ourselves to never let this hell happen again. And yes, I do get why a lot of people with a Jewish background get offended by the video, and many say Rammstein only does it for the clicks... but I think it’s an important message, still. Young and educated people had a lot of hours in school to realise how horrible racism is.... but Rammstein has a big audience amongst 30-50 year-olds and I think it’s an important reminder of the horrible past for that generation, because they tend to forget how bad it truly was.

Thanks for the extra insight! There's so many levels to it. They've done the "sounds nationalistic if you take the lyrics out of context but it's really saying the opposite" thing before so you'd hope people would get it by now, and like you say Germania in the video should make it pretty clear (not to mention literally shooting Nazis in the face). I guess some people will always misinterpret them or dismiss them as just trying to shock but I think they've made their points very well and for the most part people should get it with this. Till looking to the camera as a concentration camp prisoner singing "Deutschland über allen" is bound to be controversial for sure but I don't think it's done disrespectfully at all, it's a powerful image that gives a powerful message.

Oh and yes although we probably don't do quite as much as Germany we also learned a very large amount about WW1/WW2 and the Nazis in history, watched documentaries and concentration camp footage and so on. Even with that the scene is intense though. I agree it's very important to see it and be reminded of it, and I'm nothing but impressed by Rammstein for doing that in this video.

• Like 2

Hermione

Another new song and video! The director is Jörn Heitmann, the guy who directed Sonne, Ich will, Mutter, Amerika, Ohne dich, Keine Lust and Haifisch, pleased to see them work with him again

Spoiler

Sticking with a historical/political video theme I see. It's good, song sounds like classic Rammstein with lots of electronic sounds and is very catchy (the chorus has been in my head all morning). Song and video are about the radio being an escape from shitty things going on in life and a window to the world/information as a way of escaping/fighting oppression and censorship I guess. And maybe on the flip side sometimes a distraction from fighting it. Relates interestingly to the time period(s) they show in the video and also their background growing up in East Germany with heavy censorship (I know several of the band have talked about radio/music being an escape for themselves personally), as well as modern times/any time radio and electronic media has existed. People in authority will try oppress and censor music and rebellion but they will fail. Also Till is rocking that lipstick

Edit: Also just noticed all the people rebelling against oppression in the video are women, awesome.

• Like 1

Hermione

Just listened to the album :runaround:

Bought the CD yesterday, I like the plain white design but because the case is made of somewhat matte card I know it's going to get filthy :lol:. On first listen Deutschland, Radio and Puppe (holy shit) are the standout tracks. Auslander and Sex made me lol. Loving the whole thing, very electronic sound and also a lot of sounds I haven't heard from them before. So it's kind of reminiscent of their early albums with the heavy amount of keyboard etc but sounds really new/different overall. Looking forward to delving into the lyrics.

• Like 1

jengd

How did I not know this thread existed before now!  This is great, I am loving the new Rammstein stuff but will need to get my act together.  Thanks to @Mary Daze for the info on the Deutschland video, my German is very rusty but it was immediately obvious to me that people were talking nonsense about this video.  Hoping they tour near enough for us to see them, we never have and their shows always look amazing.

• Like 1

Hermione

I'm obsessed with Puppe omg. Has to be their scariest song yet, Till's singing is so frantic and intense and the lyrics are horrifying. One of the most unsettling things I've ever heard and definitely my favourite. I went on the Rammstein Reddit and like 90% of the threads were memes about being terrified listening to it :lol:

• Like 1

xSKELLINGTONx

I saw them yesterday in Gelsenkirchen.

It was amazing!

Loved every second of it.

Gonna see them again at june 25th in Rotterdam.

Hermione

Nsfw

So now they're tackling colonialism, really going all out with these videos. And not what I was expecting from a video for Ausländer at all :lol: 

Little Boy Named Airplane

Nice job Rammstein!!
Pic from yesterday show in Russia.
Russia and their homophobic politic can go fuck themselves.

• Like 2