Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Killers

• Please log in to reply
778 replies to this topic

sm326

sm326
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined Aug 16, 2013
  • 0 rep

they're ok

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Joined Apr 11, 2009
  • 591 rep

who's anthony gonzalez? :)

so looking forward to new stuff!

The man behind M83. The best synth music out just now IMO. Hopefully he can get them back on that track.

Tre_Gina

Tre_Gina
  • Jesus of Suburbia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • Joined Jun 07, 2009
  • 203 rep

Anyone else seen these messages on facebook?

Firstly said about big news then that soon it is the anniversary of their first gig in London...hopefully an anniversary gig!

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,090 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,281 rep

I can't help but feel like they totally ripped off Steve Winwood's Higher Love :lol: not my favorite, but yay for new stuff!

sm326

sm326
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined Aug 16, 2013
  • 0 rep

i liked the bonus tracks on their last cd 

Edited by sm326, 19 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.

baby it's a blow out

baby it's a blow out
  • jesus christ supermarket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2005
  • 1,230 rep

I can't help but feel like they totally ripped off Steve Winwood's Higher Love :lol: not my favorite, but yay for new stuff!

i don't like it either :(

but i'm eager to hear what the other new stuff will sound like!!

i like the chorus more than the verses though, haha.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,090 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,281 rep

i liked the bonus tracks on their last cd 

YES! I fucking love Prize Fighter. Any song that uses the phrase pièce de résistance is A+ for me.

i don't like it either :(

but i'm eager to hear what the other new stuff will sound like!!

i like the chorus more than the verses though, haha.

The chorus is legit the only thing I remember about the song off the top of my head  :ninja:

baby it's a blow out

baby it's a blow out

• 3,959 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2005
  • 1,230 rep

The chorus is legit the only thing I remember about the song off the top of my head  :ninja:

let's be honest, it's not going to be one of their memorable songs :(

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,090 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,281 rep

let's be honest, it's not going to be one of their memorable songs :(

I mean, greatest hits songs are always ones that were cast aside for a reason, but still, this one isn't even gonna make an impression on anyone. :(

baby it's a blow out

baby it's a blow out

• 3,959 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2005
  • 1,230 rep

I mean, greatest hits songs are always ones that were cast aside for a reason, but still, this one isn't even gonna make an impression on anyone. :(

and it's TOTALLY different to anything off battle born. or is that just me? i'm so confused. WHAT ARE THEY DOING.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,090 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,281 rep

I can't help but feel like the writer of this article is overexaggerating/overanalyzing Dave's comments (especially since he's a fucking whiner), but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Mark and Dave left. =/

LisaBJA

LisaBJA
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Joined Dec 16, 2012
  • 523 rep

Brandon Flowers threw his keybord across the stage....(Sorry but ...  :lol:  it's a bit funny)

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,090 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,281 rep

Brandon Flowers threw his keybord across the stage....(Sorry but ...  :lol:  it's a bit funny)

Yeah, wtf was that :lol: this band is weirding me out! :o

Tre_Gina

Tre_Gina
  • Jesus of Suburbia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • Joined Jun 07, 2009
  • 203 rep

:( doesn't sound great but i'm with you on Brandon throwing his keyboard across the stage - I just can't imagine what that would look like!

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • "You bigot." - DookieLukie

• 7,358 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,186 rep
I'm getting worried about the future of The Killers now, with the recent comments about Mark, and especially Dave. I don't like the direction they've been going in for the last few years but they're still one of my favourite bands, and I'm yet to see them live. I'm not having them pull the same shit on me that REM did and split up before I got chance to see them.

Advertising

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,090 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,281 rep

I'm getting worried about the future of The Killers now, with the recent comments about Mark, and especially Dave. I don't like the direction they've been going in for the last few years but they're still one of my favourite bands, and I'm yet to see them live. I'm not having them pull the same shit on me that REM did and split up before I got chance to see them.

Yeah, it's so hard to tell. Dave's a whiny bastard, so it's hard for me to take him TOO seriously, but I am also worried that at some point, he will make good on his complaints/desires for downtime, especially because Brandon's one of those guys who just doesn't stop and I think Dave and Mark will be the ones who have to make that move. Brandon said he's gonna begin working on another solo album next year, so I hope that will give Dave and Mark time to get their respective shit together. (And I fucking loved Flamingo, so I'm OK with another solo album, much as I love TK as a unit.) I just hope that whether with Dave and Mark or without, it doesn't stifle the creativity of The Killers.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,358 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,186 rep

Yeah, it's so hard to tell. Dave's a whiny bastard, so it's hard for me to take him TOO seriously, but I am also worried that at some point, he will make good on his complaints/desires for downtime, especially because Brandon's one of those guys who just doesn't stop and I think Dave and Mark will be the ones who have to make that move. Brandon said he's gonna begin working on another solo album next year, so I hope that will give Dave and Mark time to get their respective shit together. (And I fucking loved Flamingo, so I'm OK with another solo album, much as I love TK as a unit.) I just hope that whether with Dave and Mark or without, it doesn't stifle the creativity of The Killers.

I'm all for Brandon making another solo album. I didn't like Flamingo to be honest, but if his solo project is going to keep him busy for a whie then hopefully it'll give Dave and Mark the time out they need. The thing is, The Killers without Mark and Dave is essentially just a Brandon solo project that Ronnie happens to be drumming on. Mark and Dave are so unique as a guitar/bass unit, it just wouldn't be the same without them. It'd be a real shame if Brandon's incessant creativity became the downfall of the band.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,358 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,186 rep

I've come across a bit of an odd version of Mr Brightside. It sounds more "produced" than the version on Hot Fuss, the singles or any of the videos. There's more going on in the drums, particularly in terms of snare fills, the vocal reverb is more obvious, there's a longer intro and more guitar overdubs. Really baffled as to where it's from. Anyone know anything about this?

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,090 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,281 rep

I've come across a bit of an odd version of Mr Brightside. It sounds more "produced" than the version on Hot Fuss, the singles or any of the videos. There's more going on in the drums, particularly in terms of snare fills, the vocal reverb is more obvious, there's a longer intro and more guitar overdubs. Really baffled as to where it's from. Anyone know anything about this?

This?

It's bonus track from Direct Hits.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,358 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,186 rep

This?

It's bonus track from Direct Hits.

No, that's not it. The one I have is really well produced, arguably better than the album version even. I'm baffled. I'll get it uploaded later and hopefully someone will recognise it!

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,358 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,186 rep

Here's the version I'm talking about. My fiancee found it online a few years ago as a random download with no information whatsoever, and I can't find it anywhere. As I say, longer intro with the drums and bass coming in before the vocals, more snare fills (most obvious in the 2nd verse), higher reverb on Brandon's vocals and more obvious guitar/keyboard overdubs.

https://soundcloud.c...ide-wtf/s-QuJdz

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,090 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,281 rep

Here's the version I'm talking about. My fiancee found it online a few years ago as a random download with no information whatsoever, and I can't find it anywhere. As I say, longer intro with the drums and bass coming in before the vocals, more snare fills (most obvious in the 2nd verse), higher reverb on Brandon's vocals and more obvious guitar/keyboard overdubs.

https://soundcloud.c...ide-wtf/s-QuJdz

OK, that stumped me, too! =/ I looked up all the officially released remixes of the song and it isn't one of them, so maybe this is an unofficial one?

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,358 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,186 rep

OK, that stumped me, too! =/ I looked up all the officially released remixes of the song and it isn't one of them, so maybe this is an unofficial one?

Yeah, maybe. I'm just baffled as to where it could have come from. It sounds "official" in any case. But I honestly don't know why they wouldn't use that one on the album, there's a lot about it that sounds a lot more poppy than the one on Hot Fuss, especially the clearer production.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,090 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,281 rep

Yeah, maybe. I'm just baffled as to where it could have come from. It sounds "official" in any case. But I honestly don't know why they wouldn't use that one on the album, there's a lot about it that sounds a lot more poppy than the one on Hot Fuss, especially the clearer production.

Right? I love Mr. Brightside, but sometimes when I listen to it, the production just pops out to me, and I can't unhear it =/

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,358 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,186 rep

Right? I love Mr. Brightside, but sometimes when I listen to it, the production just pops out to me, and I can't unhear it =/

Yeah, I can barely listen to the Hot Fuss version anymore, having heard this one. I don't get why it's so relatively poor compared to the rest of the album.

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,670 rep

plan to go see them this summer when they come in montreal so i though i could post here. :) are they good live?

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,090 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,281 rep

plan to go see them this summer when they come in montreal so i though i could post here. :) are they good live?

YES! I mean, God, they've grown so much since I started stanning for them nine years ago, hell, even since I saw Brandon solo in 2010, he's gotten so much more confident onstage.

I'd recommend their 2009 Live from the Royal Albert Hall CD/DVD, but honestly, even from that show they've improved majorly. Battle Born's songs are perfect for concerts. They're just epic, idk how else to put it.

Viva La Sonia!

Viva La Sonia!
  • Think Lovely Wonderful Thoughts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,530 posts
  • Joined Jul 10, 2011
  • 1,751 rep
Oh, hi
Love the Killers :happy:

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,670 rep

YES! I mean, God, they've grown so much since I started stanning for them nine years ago, hell, even since I saw Brandon solo in 2010, he's gotten so much more confident onstage.

I'd recommend their 2009 Live from the Royal Albert Hall CD/DVD, but honestly, even from that show they've improved majorly. Battle Born's songs are perfect for concerts. They're just epic, idk how else to put it.

good thanks! i'll check it out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users