Sign in to follow this  
WaitingInBattleScars

The Killers

WaitingInBattleScars

They`re a pretty good band they weir the first punk rock band I ever liked :P

Too bad they're not punk, then.

arian

I freaking love the Killers.. and I also happen to like Jet... meh.

WaitingInBattleScars

^ :wub:

mclaren

Everything is built on influence. I mean, come on, musicians have to be influenced by SOMETHING to write songs. I don't know those bands, so I don't know if the Killers completely ripped them off, but if they were influenced by them it's not the same.

it's not that they were influenced by them, it's that they just flat-out rip them off. the killers offer nothing new nor creative. their songs are glorified covers.

^ You know, I would respect and consider your opinion if everything you said wasn't just to make a fight. I bet a lot of other people would to.

i would respect and consider your opinion too if you ever attempted to support your case. instead of adressing my points, you just dismiss them and claim i'm looking for a fight, which is untrue.

Edited by mclaren

Zach Cool

i can ripoff the smiths, new order, interpol, and the cure too. how does that make someone brilliant?

you forgot ziggy stardust ;)

Guest Immortality
it's not that they were influenced by them, it's that they just flat-out rip them off. the killers offer nothing new nor creative. their songs are glorified covers.

Why not give me an example, then, please.

mclaren

Why not give me an example, then, please.

i can ripoff the smiths, new order, interpol, and the cure too. how does that make someone brilliant?

extraordinary-gal

i h8 the killers there so annoying nd not very good

SmashTheSilence

The Killers are ok, not one of my favorites though

.Emma.

Yeah they're alright, I went through a short phase of being completely obsessed with them (thank God I'm over that!), saw them at the Reading Festival '05, pretty good performing live.

mclaren

i also find it absolutely hilarious that the killers accused the bravery of stealing "their" sound.

Guest n1i0m3r9od

The killers are kind of lame, to me. Their music is so...generic.

Guest Immortality

No mclaren, I meant, could you compare songs for me please. One from the Killers and the one(s) they ripped off.

Zach Cool

The killers are kind of lame, to me. Their music is so...generic.

...you're 13 you fucking lie-about-age-er

Guest n1i0m3r9od

..I'm 16.

And what the fuck is your problem ?

Zach Cool

your butthole.

Guest n1i0m3r9od

....Nice.

mclaren

No mclaren, I meant, could you compare songs for me please. One from the Killers and the one(s) they ripped off.

i'm not going to sit through the killers album (again) and try and analyze every part of it. i gave you a few of the bands that their sound is ripped off from, so do you own homework.

Guest Immortality

It's not homework, I have no obligation, nor reason to do it. You've become lazy, you won't even back up your arguements anymore.

mclaren

It's not homework, I have no obligation, nor reason to do it. You've become lazy, you won't even back up your arguements anymore.

i've given you some bands that the killers rip off. what you're asking me to do is sit through an album that i hate and pick apart every section of it and analyze it. why the fuck would i do that? i've given you answers.

Guest Immortality

i've given you some bands that the killers rip off. what you're asking me to do is sit through an album that i hate and pick apart every section of it and analyze it. why the fuck would i do that? i've given you answers.

You ovbiously didn't read my post. I asked you to give me ONE song. I wanted to see your analysis since I know nothing about the band names you gave me.

mclaren

You ovbiously didn't read my post. I asked you to give me ONE song. I wanted to see your analysis since I know nothing about the band names you gave me.

forget one song, their entire sound is one unoriginal ripoff. if you're not familiar with the bands i mentioned, that's not my fault.

Guest Immortality

No it isn't, but I'm just saying if you don't give examples with your arguments, people won't really give a fuck.

mclaren

funny, i would have thought that those bands i mentioned were examples of bands they rip off.

Edited by mclaren

mclaren

the point is, there's a difference between ripping off a sound and ripping off a song. jet rips off songs. look at all three of their singles. "are you gonna be my girl" is a ripoff of "lust for life", "look what you're done" is a ripoff of "sexy sadie", and "cold hard bitch" is just a general ac/dc ripoff. with the killers, you can't really point to one verse, one chorus, or one riff, because they're ripping off the sound in general. take dookie-era green day versus insomniac-era green day. for both albums they have the same sound, but you can't really take a song from insomniac and show how it's exactly the same as a dookie song.