Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Paramore

• Please log in to reply
5981 replies to this topic

ollhjr

ollhjr
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2011
  • 186 rep

Here is an interview with Hayley from Rolling Stone.  http://www.rollingst...ext-lp-20140708

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,625 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,619 rep

I can't believe they played (One Of Those) Crazy Girls at the Parahoy :wacko:  And even most of my favorites, like Conspiracy, Franklin, Last Hope, Escape Route, Misguided Ghosts... :mellow:

Surely it was an amazing experience.

omg I would flip my shit if they played Crazy Girls :o

Laly

Laly
  • Moving Target

• 13,907 posts
  • Joined Oct 13, 2009
  • 15,188 rep

You're going to see them? I hope they play it, then! :)

Asa.

Asa.
  • Raptor Vampire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Joined Sep 24, 2012
  • 1,007 rep
Saw them at monumentour on Sunday. I love their music but I didn't like the setlist they chose. I just couldn't get into it, I feel like they should've opened with "Grow Up" like they used to.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,625 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,619 rep

You're going to see them? I hope they play it, then! :)

Yeah, but it doesn't look like they are =/

Saw them at monumentour on Sunday. I love their music but I didn't like the setlist they chose. I just couldn't get into it, I feel like they should've opened with "Grow Up" like they used to.

I'm not crazy about the setlist at all tbh. They're not doing my favorites from self-titled and it's far too short! But I'm excited for That's What You Get.

Steven Seagull

Steven Seagull
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2012
  • 1,224 rep

I love this photo :wub:

10518330_10150424476309963_2935383982871

• Not Anyone. likes this

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 8,744 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 10,493 rep
Paramore @ Monumentour- Near Complete Performance (720p) Live in Hartford, CT 6-19-2014

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Akshat Jain's Comma Dealer

• 11,396 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,334 rep
So I have to ask, Let The Flames Begin or Part II? Personally I think in terms of studio versions Part II is actually better, although it's obviously strengthened by the references to Flames. But the Final Riot version of Flames is probably hands down the best thing they've ever done. I've seen them live three times and they didn't play it at any of those shows (although one of those was Leeds Festival 2010, and the buggers did play it the following night at Reading). That said, I've never been particularly impressed with their setlists. Like playing Where The Lines Overlap and Looking Up but only two songs from the debut, what is that? Tbh I won't be happy until they play Adore and All I Wanted live, and it's not like either of those are ever going to happen, so...

ifmemoryserves

ifmemoryserves
  • 23,971 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2006
  • 1,475 rep

I can't believe they played (One Of Those) Crazy Girls at the Parahoy :wacko:  And even most of my favorites, like Conspiracy, Franklin, Last Hope, Escape Route, Misguided Ghosts... :mellow:
Surely it was an amazing experience.

there was a setlist going around right before monumentour started that had one of those crazy girls (and a lot of other awesome songs) on it and flipped out. turns out it was fake :cry: but yeah the setlist for the 2nd show on parahoy was amazing

So I have to ask, Let The Flames Begin or Part II? Personally I think in terms of studio versions Part II is actually better, although it's obviously strengthened by the references to Flames. But the Final Riot version of Flames is probably hands down the best thing they've ever done. I've seen them live three times and they didn't play it at any of those shows (although one of those was Leeds Festival 2010, and the buggers did play it the following night at Reading). That said, I've never been particularly impressed with their setlists. Like playing Where The Lines Overlap and Looking Up but only two songs from the debut, what is that? Tbh I won't be happy until they play Adore and All I Wanted live, and it's not like either of those are ever going to happen, so...

let the flames begin, by a mile. part ii is good, and i'm still honestly amazed that they even did a "sequel" like that, but it just doesn't measure up for me. i just prefer the style of ltfb and riot! in general, but i recognize that technically part ii is probably "better". and yes the version from the final riot is just amazing.

i always pretty much hate their setlists. i've never been pleased with them. brighter is one of my favorite paramore songs, and i think the last time they played it live was 2010, and even that was an extremely rare performance. i'm actually surprised that they've kept pressure in all their setlists, although i think it's mostly because people would riot (lol) if they took it out because that would mean no pressure flip. although i am glad that they've been playing emergency at some shows on monumentour; they played it at mine so that was nice, although i would have also liked to see born for this which is another they've been mixing into that 9th song spot.

i also really would love to see all i wanted (or an older song like adore for that matter) but hayley seems pretty adamant against it. she makes it seem like her throat would split in half if she even attempted to sing it live, which i think is complete bullshit. yes, the verses are low and the chorus is high... so what. there are plenty of other paramore songs like that and some that she has sung live on a regular basis that have very high notes. i don't see the big deal. she could even lower the note a bit if she had to. i really don't think people would care; they just really want to hear it live.

the one good thing i can say about their setlists is that at least they're not playing "now" anymore.
  • Mar likes this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Akshat Jain's Comma Dealer

• 11,396 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,334 rep

there was a setlist going around right before monumentour started that had one of those crazy girls (and a lot of other awesome songs) on it and flipped out. turns out it was fake :cry: but yeah the setlist for the 2nd show on parahoy was amazing

let the flames begin, by a mile. part ii is good, and i'm still honestly amazed that they even did a "sequel" like that, but it just doesn't measure up for me. i just prefer the style of ltfb and riot! in general, but i recognize that technically part ii is probably "better". and yes the version from the final riot is just amazing.

i always pretty much hate their setlists. i've never been pleased with them. brighter is one of my favorite paramore songs, and i think the last time they played it live was 2010, and even that was an extremely rare performance. i'm actually surprised that they've kept pressure in all their setlists, although i think it's mostly because people would riot (lol) if they took it out because that would mean no pressure flip. although i am glad that they've been playing emergency at some shows on monumentour; they played it at mine so that was nice, although i would have also liked to see born for this which is another they've been mixing into that 9th song spot.

i also really would love to see all i wanted (or an older song like adore for that matter) but hayley seems pretty adamant against it. she makes it seem like her throat would split in half if she even attempted to sing it live, which i think is complete bullshit. yes, the verses are low and the chorus is high... so what. there are plenty of other paramore songs like that and some that she has sung live on a regular basis that have very high notes. i don't see the big deal. she could even lower the note a bit if she had to. i really don't think people would care; they just really want to hear it live.

the one good thing i can say about their setlists is that at least they're not playing "now" anymore.

It amazed me that they did a sequel to a song like Flames as well, especially given the new direction they were taking. I can't really believe the difference between the studio version of Flames and the live version, it just doesn't compare.

I'm glad it's not just me who doesn't think much of their setlists. At Leeds 2010 they didn't even do Crush or Pressure. Or anything from the first album, for that matter. I personally think they could drop Pressure but don't because it was their first well known song. I mean, they could do the flip in any song really, and it's not the same without Josh anyway. I can't stand Born For This live, it just seems so weak, and I didn't know Emergency wasn't a staple anymore, which says it all. Brighter is one of my favourites too :D

Tbh I don't blame her for not wanting to do All I Wanted. The chorus isn't even that high, but the power is insane and I bet it'd be massively disappointing live. It'd still be good to hear her try it though.

Jfc, Now is such a terrible song, why did they even...

ifmemoryserves

ifmemoryserves
  • 23,971 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2006
  • 1,475 rep

I'm glad it's not just me who doesn't think much of their setlists. At Leeds 2010 they didn't even do Crush or Pressure. Or anything from the first album, for that matter. I personally think they could drop Pressure but don't because it was their first well known song. I mean, they could do the flip in any song really, and it's not the same without Josh anyway. I can't stand Born For This live, it just seems so weak, and I didn't know Emergency wasn't a staple anymore, which says it all. Brighter is one of my favourites too :D

Tbh I don't blame her for not wanting to do All I Wanted. The chorus isn't even that high, but the power is insane and I bet it'd be massively disappointing live. It'd still be good to hear her try it though.

Jfc, Now is such a terrible song, why did they even...

i mean i guess they could do the flip in another song but the part in pressure that they do it at is like the perfect moment for it. i don't know how it's not the same without josh though; he was just the one bending over. taylor does the same thing lol

all i wanted would probably be kind of disappointing live, but yeah i still want to hear it. honestly mostly now i just want to see it live so that everyone will shut up about it.

but yeah now is awful. i can see why they made it a single but still it was an awful choice. an awful song. just bad. definitely one of my least favorites of theirs.

westendriot

westendriot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2006
  • 537 rep

I hadn't seen Paramore since 2009 or something crazy before I went to Monumentour but I really, really enjoyed their set! I forgot how much I enjoyed them really  :lol: Looking forward to catching them again in August. 

• ifmemoryserves and Mar like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users