arian

Alice In Chains

OhTheGuilt.

Alice in Chains, where do I start? I discovered them one or two years ago and their music and lyrics trapped me.Listening to Alice in Chains is like a trip to hell, with no going back, full of pain, despair and anger.Layne give us no hope for better times, he sing, he screams and he whisper.

Jerry Cantrell is a fucking genius and a great lyricist."Tripod" is my favourite, that sick atmosphere and distorted guitars makes this album unique.

• Like 1

Justin

The Unplugged album is so incredible in every way possible. Opening with Nutshell was genius.

Would? is still my favourite song, that opening bass line is so dirty and awesome.

OhTheGuilt.

11 years ago died Layne Staley, but he was found two weeks later.He died after injecting a mixture of drugs known as Speedball.

The thing that breaks my heart is that he died alone and that all that he wrote in his musical carrer in the end turns out to reality.

Tonight I'm gonna watch the Unplugged and drink a cold beer in his honor.

• Love 1

The Great Saiyaman

Alice in Chains is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

The Insider

Alice in Chains is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw them 3 times at soundwave - they were my surprise package - met them as well.

maryjanewhatsername

Green Day was not the first band I fell in love with. One of my favorites is Alice in Chains. In my opinion, Layne Staley is as talented as a vocalist as Billie Joe Armstrong. I just wanted to create an area for all the AIC fans to congregate and discuss!

For example, my favorite AIC album is definitely Facelift. They had a heavier metal sound mixed with the Seattle grunge scene and to me that album is just flawless. Layne's song "Love, Hate, Love" is quite possibly one of the best vocal performances of all time. 

So.. Where are my AIC Bros at?? 

Here is the link to "Love, Hate, Love" live at the Moore in Seattle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jX1KAKp78

The Insider

I'd never see them on a stand alone tour but they were great when I saw them at Soundwave.

• Like 1

maryjanewhatsername

Listening to AIC today and missing Layne so much :( RIP Layne Staley!