intellectuality through green days words

longview timer

spectators think of green day as many objective names as their narrow closed minds can think of

I dont give a shit, but personally i think a nother side of greenday is intellectuall if you sit down and actually read the lyrics they make you think wether its about acceptance or thinking i life is better than it is now.each person can defy themselves as what they want to be without being labeled and not giving a fuck about what others think of them as people with wants and interest or as simple individuals you have to think of your sef as more than asimple speck of human life in this vast world where you get lost and can sometimes cant even find yourself like a lost in translation not only has green days powerfull words inspired me to become a better singer/songwriter but a better person as well so i ask how does greenday dwell on you ?

I think any Green Day fan would agree with what you're saying - that's the reason why we are fans, because they give us more than something to rock out to, they really feed the soul too.

Everybody has jumped up and down on you because of your grammar and punctuation and spelling, and I have mixed feelings about that - it's important that people feel free to express themselves, regardless of any disadvantage of education they may have, or if they're very young, or maybe just not good at these things!

Nevertheless, you can see from the posts that one effect of letting it all go with little or none of the formalities is that a lot of people won't get what you're saying, or just won't bother trying.

As a songwriter, this should concern you. Billie Joe spends a lot of time and energy and heart on his lyrics, not only expressing his feelings and thoughts, but making sure that the message gets across to the people who listen, in the right way.

You already read his lyrics, which is a damn good start, as many fans don't. Take a closer look, and see how he works - take it line by line. You're talking about 'Minority' in one part of your post, I think? Start there - just how did he get those ideas across to you?

'One light, one mind, flashing in the dark

Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts'

First of all, see how he breaks the basic idea into smaller parts? Then you take it in a bit at a time - these are big ideas! Oh, and notice that when it gets to 'for crying out loud', he takes the trouble to go into quotation marks, so that you understand there's another voice there?

Good luck! :thumbsup:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree.

Green Day's lyrics have som great meanings to them.

Some of them make me cry, and som e make me really question things.

I hate it when people don't pay attention to lyrics.

" One light, one mind, flashing in the dark

blinded by tge silence of a thousand broken hearts."

that's one of my favorite part of all the lyrics Billie has written.

yeah you should be greatful that i cleared things up for people... haha jp

and to the person who was talking about how Billie Joe writes his lyrics, you are amazing!

and yes, some green day songs really get me thinking, but others bring backmemories, and the way he gets his message accross through these lyrics is unbelievable.

if you are a real green day fan, and you have never sat down to read, and comprehend these lyrics, i strongly reccomend it. It will give you a new outlook, and it might help clear some things up.

I understood it, I love how much time you people spent reading that just to point out grammar mistakes.

Anyways, I hate when people listen to music but don't really LISTEN. A lot of people consider Green Day's lyrics to be weird, but I think they're the only ones that have any real meaning.

It is, actually - check it out!

Was I the one that used intellectuality? because if i am dont ask where it came from...

Sorry. This is not a real word.

"Intellectual powers; possession of intellect; quality of being intellectual."

yep :)

"Intellectual powers; possession of intellect; quality of being intellectual."

yep :)

Wow. A human dictionary. :mellow:

It is, actually - check it out!

Go figure, it is. It's another version of intellectual. It sounded funny when it was mentioned, though...just one of those...weird words that...sounds...funny. :pinch:

I understood it, I love how much time you people spent reading that just to point out grammar mistakes.

Anyways, I hate when people listen to music but don't really LISTEN. A lot of people consider Green Day's lyrics to be weird, but I think they're the only ones that have any real meaning.

THANK YOU!!!! I actually understood what he was saying the first time i read it!

and yes, i hate it when people dont look really listen, they just let their ears hear it and they dont let their brain comprehend it.

my friends always get mad at me when i listen to my iPod around them because i listen to it really loud, and i seem to be in a daze...

but i listen to it loud because i dont want to miss a word... and i seem to be in a daze because im concentrating on what the song really is about.

I don't think you're stupid. Not now anyway... :D

yeah well, you'll probabley change your mind by next week :/

THANK YOU!!!! I actually understood what he was saying the first time i read it!

and yes, i hate it when people dont look really listen, they just let their ears hear it and they dont let their brain comprehend it.

my friends always get mad at me when i listen to my iPod around them because i listen to it really loud, and i seem to be in a daze...

but i listen to it loud because i dont want to miss a word... and i seem to be in a daze because im concentrating on what the song really is about.

yeah well, you'll probabley change your mind by next week :/

That all depends on what you say. If you say something like a dictionary, you'll stay smart. If you say something like I would say, then you're stuffed :P

this thread has turned into people talking about dictionarys!!

get back on track people!

:woot:

Sorry. *slaps wrists* :blush: You know you love it really :wink:

Sorry. *slaps wrists* :blush: You know you love it really :wink:

haha oh yeah :rolleyes:

haha jk

but anyway...

I actually understood what he was saying the first time i read it!

and yes, i hate it when people dont really listen, they just let their ears hear it and they dont let their brain comprehend it.

there is none.

what?? there is none, what?

I didn't think so. :laugh:

wow, you have to keep reading

we went through like 2 hours of stuff just on how that really is a word... we are done with that subject... jsut read the rest of the thread

Archived