Metallica..

It's James Hetfield..

What's more?!

Tought me music?

Picked me up from pop music swamp?

Opened my mind?

Formed my band?

Tought me my insturments?

Prevented me from almost gettin into drugs?

My first tallica album was the black album in 95 -which means I am a newbie since their first album was released in 81 heh- and back then I was all MICHAEL JACKSON IS THE KING OF POP AND I WANNA DANCE!

heh

My first song was Sad But True, it ripped through my pop emo brain sells and awakened me hehe

Hetfield shapped me around a bit to appeciate good music, the riff.. the riff owns.

The magic of distorted guitars.. the headbanging.

Anyway I am a Metallica fan, hence the username heh, don't wanna bore you

Well that's just me, for others we'll just talk about Metallica's good shit and shitty shit.

anyway there is much to talk about but I wanna know what everyone favorite album yet and why.. fav live performance and members.

Myself James Hetfeild of course and Jason Newsted.. yeep I hate Rob Trujillo's guts.

Jason kicked major ass, shit there so much to talk about.. someone take it away.

Terrbear

YEEEEEEAH JOE YOU METALLICA NUT! haha.

Yeah, there's always the great Metallica tunes, I like some stuff :).

Guest Jinxed

My favorite of all times - Reload album, i can't really explain why but in the last couple months it seem to relate to me more then ever. Talking of the live performances - Unplugged golden album (Nothing else metter) and S&M. Call of Ctulu is the fucking very best on it

Light My Fire

i haven't heard much but i like 'em

Guest Holden

I like..

Enter Sandman

Master Of Puppets

Fuel

... and some others that i dont know the name of.

Met Fan

I like it when Billie Joe jams to Master of Puppets.. he used to do it regularly till 2000, wicked heh

Terrbear

I like it when Billie Joe jams to Master of Puppets.. he used to do it regularly till 2000, wicked heh

Yeah!

Bizzare 2001 :cool:

Guest Jinxed

Funny story about my experience with Master of Puppets - I loved that song so much and I could listen to it over and over and over again, went on like that for about a month. Then I got so sick of it , I could not listen to it anymore for a very long time.

Edited by Jinxed

J.A.R.

Metallica rocks.

Or as my earth science would say-Metallica Rules :rolleyes:

But I love Master of Puppets.

mclaren

their first batch of albums were good. unfortunately they bought into their own hype and are just pretentious assholes now.

Eldoon

Everything they did up until the black album was certainly influential, great music.

Everything after Fuel, however, is pathetic.

I watched Some Kind of Monster recently, and it just seemed like a group of men who completely lost the reason they began playing music in the first place, and looked at it as more of a neccesity. It's sad to think about what they've been and now what they've become.

Guest Jinxed

I don't think they're pathetic. Frantic changed my view on life. I just think that you have not been in the situation that brings you to the understanding their latest creations

Met Fan

St Anger grew on me, I still hate the sound of the snare and the lack of lyrics though.

Some Kind of Monster.. portray of a few multimillionares having problems that the average person doesn't care about, it was a wrong step I agree Eldoon

Eldoon

I don't think they're pathetic. Frantic changed my view on life. I just think that you have not been in the situation that brings you to the understanding their latest creations

Well, I'm all for people having different opinions than me, and right on if some of their later stuff had that kind of effect on you.

But to me, they all seemed like they completely lost their love for playing. I just can't listen to or have an appreciation for those later albums. It's my bias.

Met Fan

But to me, they all seemed like they completely lost their love for playing. I just can't listen to or have an appreciation for those later albums. It's my bias.

I know what you mean.. the performance on the St.Anger tour seemed like they're doing a job is all.

But they played a couple of shows a couple of month back, I got one video from one of those shows.. it's a video for For Whom The Bell Tolls and I felt the vibe was there.

Or may it's cause Jason is gone? Jason was one fuckin ball of energy

kiwi_green_day

kirk hammet = master guitarist

cliff burton = dead but a great bassist

mint band great tunes

Guest Jinxed

I know what you mean.. the performance on the St.Anger tour seemed like they're doing a job is all.

But they played a couple of shows a couple of month back, I got one video from one of those shows.. it's a video for For Whom The Bell Tolls and I felt the vibe was there.

Or may it's cause Jason is gone? Jason was one fuckin ball of energy

Did you ever had a chance to see them live?

Peter.

I love Metallica

Guest Phoebe.

A few of thier songs really fucken rock. Some I can relate to, others just.. rock out completely. I used to think of them as playing "ooh scary scary dark music" but now.. Dude.

Guest Jinxed

A few of thier songs really fucken rock. Some I can relate to, others just.. rock out completely. I used to think of them as playing "ooh scary scary dark music" but now.. Dude.

I might wanna introduce you to some of my favorites by them

burnout_13

I learnt Seek And Destroy on guitar the other day

Me so proud :D

Guest Jinxed

I realize that on the different stages of my life I could relate to different albums. It's like they've been always with me through my life. Recently I re-descovered Load and it's totally rocked my world

Shoot That Fucker Down

The first Metallica album I got was Load (late bloomer), and then grabbed Master of Puppets and Black Album, followed by ReLoad and their subsequent albums through the late 90's, and then unfortunately St. Anger. I'm not a fan of St. Anger, and I hope their next album isn't as redundant. Watching Some Kinda Monster was depressing.

Guest Phoebe.

Haha Jinxed (<3) just Metallized me, and all I have to say is

\m/

Met Fan

let's get a bit superficial since we're here and all, the metallica fans own this thread and can do whatever, heh

What is your favourite Hetfield timezone?

You got your 81 to 86 looks (Kill em' All, Ride The Lightening, Master of Puppets); hardcore punk James, slim and screams punk;

james026.jpg

james129.jpg

JAYMZ86A.jpg

james028.jpg

Not my fav but cool