Splitting up Green Day and General Chat

Fuzz

Well I dont know why it would invite more spam. I think if someone wanted to hold a conversation about something kinda reasonable, then they could post it in the general chat.

I don't think the problem lies in n00bs spamming, they always have, and will continue. it happens a few times a day, mods will stil close those threads. The problem is that when a n00b makes a stupid topic, YOU people feel the need to spam the fucking hell out of it before it gets closed. Thats the problem with threads like that.

Someone mentioned we should allow spam. No. Spam is annoying. Spam is worthless and add's nothing to the forum community. Thats why I'm trying to make a distinction of. The General chat won't be an open free for all. It will be a place for discussion about things that aren't for Green Day, but hold some kinda of decent topic.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I voted against it, it would appear the majority want it, and like any good democracy, I guess its going to happen, so Andres, go with it then, I still think its too fragmented though

I love organization, but I don't favor this idea. The other forum I visit has them split and I hate it. It is much easier to skim through the topics how they are now, instead of needing to switch between two places.

I think making Green Day a seperate forum thingy would be better, and I think you should change the "off topic" section to "spam" or "games" or something not quite as lame as that..

Guest RhetoricalGrasshopper

The more I think about it, the less I like the idea. This is the only forum I post in, and it's the only one I'm interested in. Splitting it into two isn't a good idea, I think it'd just be an inconvenience.

I like having a wider variety of topics in one place, not just ones all about Green Day, or none about them at all.

Don't change something that works!

The more I think about it, the less I like the idea. This is the only forum I post in, and it's the only one I'm interested in. Splitting it into two isn't a good idea, I think it'd just be an inconvenience.

I like having a wider variety of topics in one place, not just ones all about Green Day, or none about them at all.

another person for 'no" yessssss

great, thats at least 5 of us saying no, I so feel like a minority, but thats ok.....I can feel a song coming on..........

great, thats at least 5 of us saying no, I so feel like a minority, but thats ok.....I can feel a song coming on..........

Just my opinion, but it seems like people are afraid to say no. Or not afraid, but they just go with what everyone else is saying. Or maybe I'm just hoping there are other people out there who don't love this idea.

they maybe dont love this idea but they dont care enough to state/share it, who knows...

It's not working for me so I am all for changing it. Put the immatures and spammers in their own section.

Or maybe some people just like the idea?

I'm not saying there aren't people who like it. There's hundreds who do. And five who don't, so I guess the minority loses.

No no no. We aren't making a spam section .We're just making a place for general talk and green day talk.

Well i don't know what we'll do yet.

Actually, I think I'm going to change my mind and say yes to this idea. I'm so sick of every discussion on Green Day that gets beaten to death over and over again. If I don't have to see another discussion thread about the band, I'll be happy.

*shrug* It's fine right now...but I suppose it would help sort out some of the topics by seperating it...the only thing is, will it cause a problem if people start getting pissed at the people who post non-GD related things on the GD board? That's bound to happen... :ermm:

Archived