Splitting up Green Day and General Chat

Fuzz

How do you guys feel about splitting up the two? Have a dedicated section for all Green Day related topics, and all the other crap you guys talk about in another forum?

Thats almost the idea of the off topic forum, but that forum is mainly for stuff that goes on and on like games and picture threads.

Your input please.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seperation is a good thing I think.

Because now there's a lot of crap inside the GD topics too...

But is it a seperation inside the forum itself or will there be two different forums :wacko:

Very wise idea. The first time I came here, I wondered why those were mixed.

Seperation is a good thing I think.

Because now there's a lot of crap inside the GD topics too...

But is it a seperation inside the forum itself or will there be two different forums :wacko:

you know how I just created that section for 'Other Bands'. It would like that. One for Green Day, one for General Chat.

you know how I just created that section for 'Other Bands'. It would like that. One for Green Day, one for General Chat.

Ok! ... do that, it's organised like that

it'd be ok, but does that mean you'd get rid of "off topic"? because isn't that what "general chat"

without "green day" would mean? :) sorry if i'm being stupid..

I already mentioned the purpose of the off topic. That forum is for those few threads that repeat over and over and never stop. The General would be more of a discussion based forum. It'd be exactly what goes in this fourm, witout the Green Day talk, that'd be in the other forum.

Personally, I'm all for it. That way discussions can be held about resonable topics (that means you'd still have to control yourselves over spam), but leaving a place dedicated to talking about Green Day realted things. I think it could work out for the best.

No. There won't be many worthwhile Green Day related topics anyway. I'm happy with the one forum for all. Easier to go to too.

yeah but if you do that your just going to consider everything as spam like you always do and there wont be a general chat

(you are in the universal you for all the mods)

I don't think they should be split. When a forum is split up usually one of the two forums becomes dead.

Even the off-topic foum has drawn energy away from the main forum. I don't don't think we want good topics to get tucked away into another forum so either no one pays attention to them or no one pays attention to the main forum.

spam should come back. that was my sanctuary

we should be able to post what we want without fear of closing

I think it's a great idea. I do understand the point about forums fading a bit when they're split, but could it not just be done on a trail basis, and then put back together if it doesn't work out well?

nooooo!

well whatever,i just hate change :(

I was thinking the same thing. :)

How do you guys feel about splitting up the two? Have a dedicated section for all Green Day related topics, and all the other crap you guys talk about in another forum?

Thats almost the idea of the off topic forum, but that forum is mainly for stuff that goes on and on like games and picture threads.

Your input please.

nah that would just get confusing

Seperate cause sometimes the general chat has nothing to do with green day and I really don't like it, split the two ...........:)

^ huh? If it's GD related, it goes in the GD forum. If not, then it goes in General...

I think it's a good idea.

There's enough traffic for both sections to survive healthily, and it would be a whole lot more organised, and make it infinitely easier to read and keep up with discussions.

Archived