I got engaged at a Green Day concert

Jet Taman

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Congratulations!!! That is so adorable and romantic, and what a story to tell your grandkids! Lol. Oh, i want that to happen to me... :wub: How sweet lol.

how did you ever come up with that idea?!

its awesome.

although i dont think id want to be proposed to at a concert.

or in the middle of a song

everyones screaming

i'd be in shock [probly]

and miss whats going on at the concert!!

haha.

So during "Waiting" right in the middle where Billie Joe plays by himself, I turn to her and sing,

"I've been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come I'm destined for anything at all"

Then during the 8 count silence I got on my knee and asked her "Will you spend the rest of your life with me?" as soon as she said "Of course I will!" the music came back in singing "Dumbstruck color me stupid, good luck you're gonna need it" and we hugged and kissed mush mush mush blah blah blah.

We walked down the aisle after we exchanged vows to "Church on Sunday" (Today is the first day of the rest of our lives) and then came back into the reception room to the song "Waiting" of course.

DUDE. Will you marry me??

Damn. Very cool. I only hope that I'm lucky enough to find someone who shares GD love with me.

WoW! Congratulations! That is a great way for someone to to 'pop' the question! :thumbsup:

For some reason I took this long to get round to posting here. That's an amazing story, fucking cool.

Archived