I got engaged at a Green Day concert

Jet Taman

That is so goddamn amazing. Good for you for getting the timing right. A lesser man would get nervous and completely fuck it up.

9.30 Club? Do you live in the DC area? I'm near Bethesda and Rockville, Maryland.

yeah, id love that. awsome timing. hey, u said u live in MD? i live in baltimore. i didnt no they played at the 9:30 club. i no they said theyre done touring but maybe we'll get lucky and theyll play the HFStival.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Holden

i wanna get married to... whatever the girl would want.. i dont really care, the girl would be the only thing i cared about.

actually i wanna get engaged to playtpus.

I want to get engaged to a human. But hey, to each his own.

That's so sweet. You timed it very well to.

What a place to ask someone to spend the rest of their lives with you. A noisy, pushy, smelly concert.

Or maybe it wasn't so noisy and pushy and smelly. It was just a concert.

thats really sweet. did you actually plan out doing it right then or were you just planning on doing it during the concert and that moment felt right??

Wow, thanks for the response...

To respond to some comments...

1) Not many people around knew what was going on. I was surprised.

2) I practiced 8 million times before hand. Notice I knew how many counts there were. I practiced not only to the CD version, but also live versions. (Hey, I only had one shot, I had to get it right!)

3) I even went to the GD show the night before in Delaware so I knew exactly when they were going to play the song (right after King For a Day).

4) I live about 25 minutes east of Baltimore City in the burbs. Harford County to be exact.

5) I heard they are not touring anymore this year and I don't think that they'll be at the HFStival because i don't think HFS has the money to get big names like them anymore.

Yes I did plan on doing it right then and there during that song....

We weren't in the mosh pit or anything :D we were in the seats on the side and since it was GA that night I made sure we had an aisle seat so I had room.

Yep, I was at Merriweather in the Pavillion about 4 rows in front of the sound guys.

Yep, I was at Merriweather in the Pavillion about 4 rows in front of the sound guys.

Hmm, where is that? Towards the back? I was in the pit, and it fucking owned.

I think I had row L. Not too far back, but not nearly as close as you were. Did Billie Joe sweat on you? :P

I think I had row L. Not too far back, but not nearly as close as you were. Did Billie Joe sweat on you? :P

On Me???? NOPE!

Haha, no. I wasn't quite close enough for that, but I was still pretty close. I think I got sprayed with the water gun, and Mike was like right in front of us the whole time. It was awesome.

am i gonna be considered homo if i think thats like the coolest thing ive ever heard? cus it is. the timeing was so perfect lol. anyway, thats really cool.

Archived