I got engaged at a Green Day concert

Jet Taman

Hi, I'm new.

Been a fan of Green Day since I saw them at the 9:30 Club in 94 when Dookie first came out.

I'm not "that guy" who thinks I discovered them because I didn't, I just wanted to let you know I've been a long time fan but short time board member.

Just my engagement story I thought I'd share to introduce myself.

During their Warning tour I decided to ask my girlfriend to marry me. I had the engagement ring in my pocket and as we were walking in the security frisks us and feels the box in my pocket. I had to whisper to him, as my girlfriend's waiting for me, "I'm asking my girlfriend to marry me tonight, it's a ring, don't make me take it out".

Fortunately, she didn't hear.

So during "Waiting" right in the middle where Billie Joe plays by himself, I turn to her and sing,

"I've been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come I'm destined for anything at all"

Then during the 8 count silence I got on my knee and asked her "Will you spend the rest of your life with me?" as soon as she said "Of course I will!" the music came back in singing "Dumbstruck color me stupid, good luck you're gonna need it" and we hugged and kissed mush mush mush blah blah blah.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my experience with you guys because everyone else I've told this too, I've had to ask them "you know that song Waiting by Green Day? Oh, you don't? Well there's this one part in the song where...."

I knew you guys would know what the hell I was talking about.

We walked down the aisle after we exchanged vows to "Church on Sunday" (Today is the first day of the rest of our lives)

and then came back into the reception room to the song "Waiting" of course.

Enjoy !

Jet

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm new.

Been a fan of Green Day since I saw them at the 9:30 Club in 94 when Dookie first came out.

I'm not "that guy" who thinks I discovered them because I didn't, I just wanted to let you know I've been a long time fan but short time board member.

Just my engagement story I thought I'd share to introduce myself.

During their Warning tour I decided to ask my girlfriend to marry me. I had the engagement ring in my pocket and as we were walking in the security frisks us and feels the box in my pocket. I had to whisper to him, as my girlfriend's waiting for me, "I'm asking my girlfriend to marry me tonight, it's a ring, don't make me take it out".

Fortunately, she didn't hear.

So during "Waiting" right in the middle where Billie Joe plays by himself, I turn to her and sing,

"I've been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come I'm destined for anything at all"

Then during the 8 count silence I got on my knee and asked her "Will you spend the rest of your life with me?" as soon as she said "Of course I will!" the music came back in singing "Dumbstruck color me stupid, good luck you're gonna need it" and we hugged and kissed mush mush mush blah blah blah.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my experience with you guys because everyone else I've told this too, I've had to ask them "you know that song Waiting by Green Day? Oh, you don't? Well there's this one part in the song where...."

I knew you guys would know what the hell I was talking about.

We walked down the aisle after we exchanged vows to "Church on Sunday" (Today is the first day of the rest of our lives)

and then came back into the reception room to the song "Waiting" of course.

Enjoy !

Jet

awww........ thats so sweet. :wub:

thats pretty cool. thats how i wanna get asked.

I want to get proposed to during She...jeez, I'd be the happiest girl alive. I'll need to leave hints here and there for my future husband...though I'll probably never get one. eh...

thats pretty cool. thats how i wanna get asked.

really?not me. thats to public for such a private matter.

but its still really cute. :)

really?not me. thats to public for such a private matter.

but its still really cute. :)

no one probably heard though. well like the 20 people around. i dunno i would feel awkward alone. its like i say yes...and then what. haha. but im not romantic or anything.

no one probably heard though. well like the 20 people around. i dunno i would feel awkward alone. its like i say yes...and then what. haha. but im not romantic or anything.

well thats kind of what i mean

if someone asked me it would probably be like this

'adrienne,will you marry me?'

'you wanna marry me?! wow...why?!'

'explanation here'

'are you sure?.'

'yes'

'you do knwo that if you divorce me im gonna chop your dick off right?'

'yes adrienne'

'okay good...then yes :) '

not exactly best for public.

well thats kind of what i mean

if someone asked me it would probably be like this

'adrienne,will you marry me?'

'you wanna marry me?! wow...why?!'

'explanation here'

'are you sure?.'

'yes'

'you do knwo that if you divorce me im gonna chop your dick off right?'

'yes adrienne'

'okay good...then yes :) '

not exactly best for public.

haha oh geez. i think one lady did that i remember hearing about it.

That is so goddamn amazing. Good for you for getting the timing right. A lesser man would get nervous and completely fuck it up.

9.30 Club? Do you live in the DC area? I'm near Bethesda and Rockville, Maryland.

there was a man in colton that was drunk,got in a fight with his wife,got in his van and tried to run her over :laugh:

Her name is Lorena Bobbit (sp?) I don't know why she did it, though. I just never forgot her name.

Guest Holden

my city has had a few castrations recently..

Archived