So if the Green Day Tour grossed $35 M....

pismodiver

I know nothing about the economics of touring on this level. With the crew, stage, pyrotechnics, and everything else, the expenses must be massive. If I had to make a wild-assed guess, I would say the boys see maybe a third of it...about $10M for the 3 of them. Does anyone here know anything about this topic?

I don't know, but as mclaren said...they are rich becuase of the tours....and merchandise. They've been touring since 2004....they've sold over millions and zillions of tickets..worth like 40 dollars, some more. Still...divided between the crew and blah blah blah they can still crao money...So yay..they can buy a private jet if they wanna and throw it away if they wanna

Guest RhetoricalGrasshopper

what the hell does "grossed" mean?

It's the term you use when you're talking about money earned.

Ironic. Touring use to be a break even deal or make a little money, but you did it to promote the record, where the REAL money was made. Now it's just the opposite, although merchandising is the real goldmine, if you do it right. Ask Sharon Osbourne.

believe me they are alot richer now because of the american idiot world tour

They should be, they've been on it three years! :laugh:

They used to lose money on the road didn't they?

They also said they would not be returning to the studio until late this year and not to expect anything soon, no touring this year. My God, they need the time off.

I know nothing about the economics of touring on this level. With the crew, stage, pyrotechnics, and everything else, the expenses must be massive. If I had to make a wild-assed guess, I would say the boys see maybe a third of it...about $10M for the 3 of them. Does anyone here know anything about this topic?

I don't think anyone can do anything but guess.

either way, they've made a shitload of money and now they are even more of a bunch of rich bastards then they were before.

Archived