Green Day's bad PR

Fuzz

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont think Warner was ever into it for the music.

that's what i was saiyng... because they're such a big company, they were never in it for the music so they can't have sold out.

Talking about their image again, if they hadn't have changed it i don't think that they would have been as succesful with AI if they hadn't taken on board the whole Black and Red thing, and if they hadn't have given themselves a more mature and well, cleaner image, i don't think that they have been taken so seriously, so in a way it was good for them.

I like what they're doing, except for all the merchandising. Come on, underwear? I think not.

In no time people will forget all about them for a while, they'll be recording and won't have new material till about 2007. Between now and then I think people will forget, and then they won't be so tired of them when they come back eventually.

anyway, is anyone eles getting the feeling that its billie joe thats interested in fame and everything more than mike and tre?

well no, you just realized :rolleyes: . Beside if your gonna say something like that you should say SEEM cause none of us know them. they all seem to want it, i guess it's just that billie makes everything obvious, so it seems more on him. but who cares, they don't :/

I don't really care. Who gives a stuff the age of new Green Day fans. Yeah so what they've made loads of money through merchandise. If ya don't like it don't buy it. They're successful because they are a great band. Everyone who becomes famous would do pretty much the same. Your the people with the problems not them

God, people are so fucking stupid. Who are any of you to say that they did something wrong? You're not. It's not your band, it's theirs. And they can do whatever the fuck they want to with it. Who gave any of us the authority to question what they do? No one. And besides, it really dosn't matter because all this is in the past and nothing is changing it. It's like all of a sudden it's cool to hate Green Day. I bet anyone who says that they're sellouts is just saying that because it's the "cool" thing to say. Who fucking cares??? If you like the music, nothing else matters, so get over yourselves.

God, people are so fucking stupid. Who are any of you to say that they did something wrong? You're not. It's not your band, it's theirs. And they can do whatever the fuck they want to with it. Who gave any of us the authority to question what they do? No one. And besides, it really dosn't matter because all this is in the past and nothing is changing it. It's like all of a sudden it's cool to hate Green Day. I bet anyone who says that they're sellouts is just saying that because it's the "cool" thing to say. Who fucking cares??? If you like the music, nothing else matters, so get over yourselves.

:thumbsup: Tottally agree :wink:

yes, but thats not the point of discussing it. should we just have 500 topics saying "green day are great, its none of your buisiness what they do"? ....i dont think so

They should not have released five singles off one album for starters. The JOS video was overdone and completely unnecessary. WMUWSE was a piece of crap video and they shouldn’t have gone with the war theme. Being nominated for awards and radio airplay is something that they can’t necessarily control, but they could have had more events toward the end of the year that focused more on fans and not on themselves.

They need to stop promoting AI - they have already milked it dry. And they shouldn’t even consider touring next year. They need to take a year off or people will get so sick of them they will never want to hear from them again.

They also need to stop wearing fucking make-up.

yes, but thats not the point of discussing it. should we just have 500 topics saying "green day are great, its none of your buisiness what they do"? ....i dont think so

nobody said do that though. Anyway all this moaning saying oh their sell outs all the time is pathetic.

Somehow I'm just hoping that they'd have a little break and then they'd release a new album and there wouldn't be such a big fuss around them.

i don't recall anyone here calling them sellouts in a direct way anyway :ermm: , i don't care really it's just it's turned into this whole trend thingy.

blvd of broken dreams and wake me up ruined it all. Cus i really didnt care about the whole sellout thing, cus they were different then all the trendy emo bands out there(fallout boy, hawthorne heights, alkeline trio, mcr, etc). and they always had that, but now its like....i look at all these people sigs and its all closeups of billie joe with black shit all over his face saying "the innocent can never last", and their logo is a bloody heart, and the adeline logo is some heart skull, just like alkeline trio. and my new worry is that maybe theyre starting to join the whole emo trend thing. i dont care if theyre popular for the pop punk theyve always made, but if they get popular for emo crap......i donno.

it also just really gets me that, when green day were really unpopular back before dookie, bad religion took them out on tour(who were very populara the time), with no real benefit for bad religion and got em known by lots, and now bad religion wants them to do the same, and they refused to return the favor. i mean, turning down the gods of punk revival for new found fucking glory and blink and whoever. and why did they tour with blink after they made it clear that they really dislike them? and that WASNT the record company.

Where did you hear that they turned down Bad Religion?

Where did you hear that they turned down Bad Religion?

i think it was in the "new punk explosion" book or whatever it was called...

BTW, this happened in the insomnuac era, didn't it?

I think the guys have had their fun, and it's all coming to a close. Like they said in TRL,"This has really been our best round about, and we're gonna miss it." I think American Idiot was a great album, and they deserved their success. Now it's coming to a close and they just need to let go. I do miss old times where Insomniac or Nimrod weren't plastered everywhere. I still love them to death and think they're the best punk rock band in the world, but it's past time for American Idiot era to be over. I'm ready for more brilliant Green Day whether other people love it or hate it.

its all about $$$. remember that.

wb has oversold them and people are getting tired of green day being everywhere. after warning this band was supposed to be dead. wb realizes this is going to happen again so it has to capitalize where it can.

its all about $$$. remember that.

wb has oversold them and people are getting tired of green day being everywhere. after warning this band was supposed to be dead. wb realizes this is going to happen again so it has to capitalize where it can.

Man, if Green Day is gone I don't know what I'll do. I'll always miss their music :/ Back in the day we could actually trust warner...

it was the nimrod era where they turned down bad religion, i think. and it was in the "punk explosion" book and in an interview with the guy from bad religion....he was really pissed. anyway, i dont have a problem with them being "the biggest punk band in the world' i didnt have a problem with them getting this huge, i defended em constantly. but its just gone a little to far. blvd was their huge song, and they deserved it, but 2 patheticaly depressing and slow singles arent good. and the wake me up video was just retarded. that really pissed me off, it was a 100% emo video/song.

I hope that the American Idiot era is over, and they are starting to move on.

Like too much is too much, i hate when other bands are 'on it' for so long, like-- Outkast couple years ago, they were ewerywhere.

Everytime when a band 'gets big', i just get the feeling, that 'they'(not the band) 'have to' choose someone to 'be big' this year. Like hey someone says 'i love that new fkddkfl album' and then another critic says it's fabulous, then people are buing it loads, they get awards.

But let's face it, we are somehow 'influenced'(don't know better word for this :P) what other people think.

Before i even got the American Idiot CD. (I bought it about two weeks after it came out) i read like these amazing reviews of the record, and i was like. WOW, this CD must be amazing, and i was kinda influenced by those comments, and how people were buying it so much.

It affected a bit how i felt when i listened the CD first time.

And i'm not sure, if i'd like it so much, if everyone had said 'it fucking sucks' and it would have sold like 304 copies.

Makes me think. But i like the CD. But am i like-- brainwashed? The media is so.. big and hypnotizing.

I don't wanna bash Green Day, cause i love the music and the CD. But i love to ponder too.

it was the nimrod era where they turned down bad religion, i think. and it was in the "punk explosion" book and in an interview with the guy from bad religion....he was really pissed. anyway, i dont have a problem with them being "the biggest punk band in the world' i didnt have a problem with them getting this huge, i defended em constantly. but its just gone a little to far. blvd was their huge song, and they deserved it, but 2 patheticaly depressing and slow singles arent good. and the wake me up video was just retarded. that really pissed me off, it was a 100% emo video/song.

I thought the video was OK because it was about the war, and I don't really get into the whole label thing. I think It was more of a ballod because it was about his dad's passing away. I respect the song because it's a good song, and it's about something important. I however don't support it becoming a video....It could've gone without.

and the wake me up video was just retarded. that really pissed me off, it was a 100% emo video/song.

I didn't necessarily like the WMUWSE video, but I don't think it's bad, either. I thought it was pretty cool that they were trying something new (for them).

the one thing i thought that was bad about WMUWSE video, was when it started in the war bit with the guns and bombs going off and then it just goes onto the band with fireworks shooting behind them while their all in slow motion :dry:

Exactly right. It's times like this when you see who the real Green Day fans are.

Archived