What Green Day used to be

cabot_girl

^^hes said before "i dont wanna grow up too fast, andjust because im married and have a kid doesnt mean that i have to grow up" but taht was in 95 or something

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they AREN'T teenagers anymore. Do you think his children would want their father acting like a teenager?

He stopped drinking and drugs for his kids ao I think they are glad he grew up...everyone has to grow up sometime, it's not bad that they're grown up. they still rock.

I think it's funny how the video opened with Billie questioning the same exact thing, like, "Our fans are so young. It's like, dag, yo, they're selling punk in malls or something." Pretty sucky way to start a video when your subject agrees with you.

:down:

I liked the really serious music throughout the middle. Punk isn't something that needs to be "saved" or can be. That's dumb. Those people need to find a new band to worship or have some Wal-Mart brand toilet paper shoved up their ass. Hey, this is how life works! Thanks for pointing it out. I'm getting really sick of people pointing out that so-and-so sold the creative rights to bigger corporations so it could be distributed when half of these people are, like, 16 and know nothing about the way business works. I don't claim to know anything either, but major labels, television companies, etc. 99% of the time own the rights to the creative works that they distribute. IT'S THE WAY IT WORKS.

And it's not like Green Day themselves are making the merchandise and shit. Goddamn.

I think it's funny how the video opened with Billie questioning the same exact thing, like, "Our fans are so young. It's like, dag, yo, they're selling punk in malls or something." Pretty sucky way to start a video when your subject agrees with you.

I liked the really serious music throughout the middle. Punk isn't something that needs to be "saved" or can be. That's dumb. Those people need to find a new band to worship or have some Wal-Mart brand toilet paper shoved up their ass. Hey, this is how life works! Thanks for pointing it out. I'm getting really sick of people pointing out that so-and-so sold the creative rights to bigger corporations so it could be distributed when half of these people are, like, 16 and know nothing about the way business works. I don't claim to know anything either, but major labels, television companies, etc. 99% of the time own the rights to the creative works that they distribute. IT'S THE WAY IT WORKS.

And it's not like Green Day themselves are making the merchandise and shit. Goddamn.

hell yes!

Even the name of this topic is screwed up. What green day used to be and what they are now are 2 completly different things. It's apparent their music and attitudes have changed and we don;t need people tellinh us that.

it's funny that you're all using this "grown up" justification now, after billie joe has said numerous times that there's really no such thing as growing up.

...This thread really needs needs to be closed. I honestly don't care everyone else's oppinion on them anymore...

then why are you still posting in this thread?

ok well billie joe was a teenager then and no one wants to grow up when they're a teenager....like in the song 16...

He stopped drinking and drugs for his kids ao I think they are glad he grew up...everyone has to grow up sometime, it's not bad that they're grown up. they still rock.

Wow...you are sooo innocent...they are coke fiends sweetheart...look at this pic from tre in studio in march...off of greenday.com...what's that!?! Lines of coke?!?! Oh yes!...not so tame now are they?

photo5.jpg

ok well billie joe was a teenager then and no one wants to grow up when they're a teenager....like in the song 16...

one interview where he says it was warning-era. thanks for taking a stab in the dark though.

But they do have control over the image they portray...

this interview was warning-era. thanks for taking a stab in the dark though.

who the hell cares, you show me the interview and I'll believe you...acctually no. i take that back. i dont give a shit what you think, because your oppinion doesn't make a difference in how great their musc is or what kind of people they are...and jayjaded, don;t callme sweatheart, get a life....plus i said billie joe gave it up...not tre

who the hell cares, you show me the interview and I'll believe you...acctually no. i take that back. i dont give a shit what you think, because your oppinion doesn't make a difference in how great their musc is or what kind of people they are...and jayjaded, don;t callme sweatheart, get a life.

you know what the easiest way to take a comment back is? the backspace key. anyways, if you really don't care about our "oppinions", why do you keep posting in this thread?

who the hell cares, you show me the interview and I'll believe you...acctually no. i take that back. i dont give a shit what you think, because your oppinion doesn't make a difference in how great their musc is or what kind of people they are...and jayjaded, don;t callme sweatheart, get a life.

I never attacked you...I simply highlighted your ignorance...so kiss me beautiful

you know what the easiest way to take a comment back is? the backspace key. anyways, if you really don't care about our "oppinions", why do you keep posting in this thread?

Because it is so tempting to prove jackasses like yourself wrong...maybe I didn;t feel likepressing the backspace key, why do you care whatbuttons I press. :verymad:

But they do have control over the image they portray...

If I were over 30 and figured that that would be the last time I'd have that much success, I'd revel in it too. I keep thinking back to their Entertainment Weekly inteview way back in February when Billie was saying something along the lines of "... U2's success. I think it's okay to want that." I think that, this time around, it was less a "punk" thing and more of a "rock and roll gods" type of thing. I mean, sure, they still pranced around proclaiming to be punk, but those are their roots. I think I remember that in another interview they didn't claim to be punk as in the genre they play but as in the attitude they have that they don't give a fuck what people think, which I think is true. I don't think that they're trying to hold an image so much as they're just kinda being themselves and taking this last fling for all it's worth. They've been in the midst of so many successful people, they've won a Grammy... I wouldn't want to be 30 and getting all that respect to act like I had just gotten out of high school.

Or maybe I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt. But from the looks of it, I'm holding true to that trendy "minority" or whatever that bullshit is.

Because it is so tempting to prove jackasses like yourself wrong...maybe I didn;t feel likepressing the backspace key, why do you care whatbuttons I press. :verymad:

proving me wrong? your attempts at proving me wrong have been random shit that you pulled out of your ass, then when you're the one proven wrong you just start spewing out stuff about not caring.

If I were over 30 and figured that that would be the last time I'd have that much success, I'd revel in it too.

that still means they're selling out.

that still means they're selling out.

Well then, sell out, Green Day, because they're not the punk band they used to be. The end. Accept it.

sorry kid, theyre druggies. he even announced it to the entire stadium that he was high at the concert i went to at the very beginning.

i wouldn't put that much stock in his stage banter.

If I were over 30 and figured that that would be the last time I'd have that much success, I'd revel in it too. I keep thinking back to their Entertainment Weekly inteview way back in February when Billie was saying something along the lines of "... U2's success. I think it's okay to want that." I think that, this time around, it was less a "punk" thing and more of a "rock and roll gods" type of thing. I mean, sure, they still pranced around proclaiming to be punk, but those are their roots. I think I remember that in another interview they didn't claim to be punk as in the genre they play but as in the attitude they have that they don't give a fuck what people think, which I think is true. I don't think that they're trying to hold an image so much as they're just kinda being themselves and taking this last fling for all it's worth. They've been in the midst of so many successful people, they've won a Grammy... I wouldn't want to be 30 and getting all that respect to act like I had just gotten out of high school.

Or maybe I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt. But from the looks of it, I'm holding true to that trendy "minority" or whatever that bullshit is.

Now that has substance! I enjoyed your argument and I give you respect for that. I agree that growth and change is healthy. And I guess older fans who got into them because they rejected the mainstream ideals of rock might now be disappointed with the path the band is taking in their public persona. The funny thing is that we will never know what they really think unless you know them personally...maybe this is a facade...mayeb its who they are now...all I know is that I miss the spontaneity and their "fuck everyone" attitude that made me fall in love with them in the first place...

I hope that other posters can put as much effort in their replies as you have...

People change, for better or for worse. Alot of people here think its worse...I don't. It's a matterof opinion and it's nothing that will be solved over arguing about.

sorry kid, theyre druggies. he even announced it to the entire stadium that he was high at the concert i went to at the very beginning.

Just look at the picture I posted...coke...

People change, for better or for worse. Alot of people here think its worse...I don't. It's a matterof opinion and it's nothing that will be solved over arguing about.

It’s a matter of hypocrisy...I would never be so absolute about one view and then pull a hard 180 on it....

Archived