What Green Day used to be

cabot_girl

So why have Billie always said they've always wanted to be the biggest band on the planet?

I havent heard them say they want to be I have only heard them say they won't apologize for being the biggest band on the planet.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow i must agree that the pics in that vid are awesome i've never seen some of them before :woot:

that person made a fool of himself by taking this whole thing so seriously. EVERYONE grows up (which is not a bad thing acually) and no one can do a thing about it. so what if green day has changed, so what if they are what you call grown-ups now, if you don't like them anymore or if you hate them then why don't those ppl just fuck off and leave the rest of the old fans that still remains here and supporting green day alone? i mean, if you can't enjoy good music, it's your own fault not ours or the guys'. :ermm:

I sort of think punk is a joke. I'm a fan of the music genre - but there are too many fucking rules to its lifestyle, why can't everyone just do whatever makes them happy?

And yes Green Day are hypocrites, but we all are.

I havent heard them say they want to be I have only heard them say they won't apologize for being the biggest band on the planet.

I'm pretty sure he said something like, "We dont wanna be the biggest punk band in the world. We want to be the biggest band in the world".

I dont think i quoted that exact, but it's close.

I'm pretty sure he said something like, "We dont wanna be the biggest punk band in the world. We want to be the biggest band in the world".

I dont think i quoted that exact, but it's close.

No, that's it. I saw it on an interview that was on Egos & Icons.

american Idiot - Dookie part II

poor bastards work their arses off.... and end up back in the same postion they were in all those years ago. being accused of bullshit.

green day are doing what they have always done... what they want. not what the fans want. what they want.

i have dial up and cant watch it :( is it up for download? or can someone tell me what it says?

edit:never mind i can see it now

billie has said in a magazine interview "i wont lie to you, i wanna be a rockstar" and hes probly been getting the sellout comments every day for the last 12 years, im sure he doesnt care anymore

american Idiot - Dookie part II

poor bastards work their arses off.... and end up back in the same postion they were in all those years ago. being accused of bullshit.

green day are doing what they have always done... what they want. not what the fans want. what they want.

Amen.

This might be the wrong place to post this link, but it says everything I've meant the last year and a half about Green Day!!

They used to be (my opinion) great individuals, now they are....I don't know..

Please look at this video. I guess it's adressing old fans, like myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=IXIHFZW...2green%20day%22

That fucking video didn't work!!!

However for what I saw I can say...they're still crazy but now they're more like a group and not a casually mix of crazy people. :/ I think that's the right thing to say or something like that.

people are also forgetting something. not everyone is as obsessed with green day and thinks about them as much as us. in most people's mind, theyre another blink 182 or sum 41. this is nothing like hilary duff or backstreet boys or anything.

and has anyone seen all the ramones merch out there? theres shitloads more then green day. and ac/dc, led zeppelin, all those

wait, this thing ended for me half way through 86, how long is it?

That fucking video didn't work!!!

However for what I saw I can say...they're still crazy but now they're more like a group and not a casually mix of crazy people. :/ I think that's the right thing to say or something like that.

Sounded right to me.

and they want to be the biggest band in the world, which, in turn, means that they actually do care what you think.

They never said they wanted to be the biggest band in the world. They said when we were young punk wasnt big so we never expected to be famous. they're the biggest band in the world not because they want to but because they are...end of story. their music changed the world and if you've got a problem with it go electricute yourself or something...also I'd like to make a point about the priducts. Green day were making shirts with billie's guitar printed on it when they were on lookout!. It's no different now except they are in a major record label and they can do mare stuff.

people also forget that its not billie joe, mike, or tre that makes them on mtv, or commercials all the time. its reprise or warner bros or whatever the fuck it is. they have no say in it whatsoever, they signed to warner bros, and it works the same with any other band on a lable.

and as johnny rotten said "if you dont wanna be a pop star, the easiest thing you can do is stop". in other words, you cant control weather everyone likes you or not unless you purposly make bad music. which would just be retarded

I miss old green day...when billie joe hated celebritites...now he is taking pictures with madonna...fuck off...

I miss old green day...when billie joe hated celebritites...now he is taking pictures with madonna...fuck off...

He never said he didn't like celebreties. he said he didnt like the way they acted. Everyone strereotypes celebreties because they're famous and we automatically think they are prisses. well, I'll bet they came to find out they aren;t all like that.

He never said he didn't like celebreties. he said he didnt like the way they acted. Everyone strereotypes celebreties because they're famous and we automatically think they are prisses. well, I'll bet they came to find out they aren;t all like that.

I have multiple video footage of him saying and I quote "I hate celeberties, I hate actors, I hate musicians"...This dates back to 1996 and goes through until 1999...then I guess he lost his integrity...

Then he met some of them, and got to know them. Its not like he is their best friend...how do you knwo what he's thinking inside. When they are at award shows its only polite to be nice to them and not flick them off.

Honestly, i've had enough of threads like this too. some people think different ways. I still believe they are good people making good music and thats all that really matteres to me.

Then he met some of them, and got to know them. Its not like he is their best friend...how do you knwo what he's thinking inside. When they are at award shows its only polite to them and not flick them off.

Kinda hypocritical dont you think...and last I checked that was very un-punk...and yes I am the foremost authority on punk...I guess you like the polite billie joe...enjoy that...I can't stand it anymore...seems kinda phony...he is very hollywood...

And for the record...turning adeline into a clothing line was a disgusting move if you ask me...he is wearing his shit and promoting it trying to get kids (who are already trying to look like him) to dress like him...pretty damn pathetic..."Hey I wear super tight pants...you should too!!! BUY ADELINE!!!!"

ok, I'll admitt the adeline clothing thing was kinda pathetic...but if it is something he is proud of he should have the right to wear it. plpus, in a clothing line you are going to make clothes you like. Maybe he just likes the clothes so he's wearing them.

How can you critisize him for wanting to be recognized by the great accomplishment they have done?

What the hell are you talking about?! I said I dont like how he sunddenly is down with the phony hollywood scene...this has nothing to do with the bands accomplishments...your argument is irrelevant...

people are also forgetting something. not everyone is as obsessed with green day and thinks about them as much as us. in most people's mind, theyre another blink 182 or sum 41. this is nothing like hilary duff or backstreet boys or anything.

and has anyone seen all the ramones merch out there? theres shitloads more then green day. and ac/dc, led zeppelin, all those

wait, this thing ended for me half way through 86, how long is it?

it is a little over 7 minutes

actually he has said in a insomniac era interview that he hates celebrities....so yes he has said that.

Archived