Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cabot_girl

What Green Day used to be

cabot_girl

This might be the wrong place to post this link, but it says everything I've meant the last year and a half about Green Day!!

They used to be (my opinion) great individuals, now they are....I don't know..

Please look at this video. I guess it's adressing old fans, like myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=IXIHFZW...2green%20day%22

Joey

That was poor. I may as well have said 'We have no issues to raise'.

Guest worryrock91

interesting

Holden Caulfield

hahahahaha the end seriously made me laugh. spread the word on the corruption the media can have on musicians or something like that. priceless.

murder_bike

"Before trendy?"

If I remember correctly, Green Day was HUGE when Dookie and Nimrod came out...they were also trendy then.

All everyone does now is bitch about the "new fans" and about how Green Day is popular "now," while failing to realize that they too discovered Green Day because they were played on MTV every five seconds.

When referring to the band itself, all that's really changed is their look, which doesn't appeal to my personal taste, but letting the way someone dresses piss you off is stupid. Of course with American Idiot their sound has changed as well, but you could say the same for any other Green Day album.

Guest Immortality

We've had enough of this sucky argument. Shut it.

mclaren

better do what she says!

Peter.

um...okay...good for you

Fuzz

The guy that made that video posted something about this last week. I dont think he posted the video, but he showed me it.

I think it's stupid for anyone to hold anything against Green Day because of the type of people their music has attracted. Some people can bitch about Green Day's materialism of their products, but it's not like that is affecting their music. If you don't like the fact that they sell a shitload of merch, then don't buy. Just listen to their music and you're doing your part as a fan.

xXDissapearing.GirlXx

Just because they are selling shirts for dogs doesn't mean they've sold out. They still have their same brilliant minds. What does media have to do with Green Day? Just because they make music that is so great that they are all over t.v. doesn't mean that they are gining in to fame and selling out. I do remember on daily downloads on FUSE billie Joe said,"It's great, we just want people to like our music"....well people do like their music and they can't do much about that now can they...I think not.

RevolutionRegained

yeah i know..i miss old green day. but theres nothing to be done.so oh well

Holden Caulfield

The guy that made that video posted something about this last week. I dont think he posted the video, but he showed me it.

ughhh that guy pissed me off so much.

Guest Immortality

better do what she says!

:dry: I'm sure you'd love to bitch about this...

RevolutionRegained

Just because the are selling shirts for dogs doesn't mean they've sold out. They still have their same brillient minds. What does media have to do with Green Day? Just because they make thing that are so great that they are all over t.v. doesn't mean that they are gininv in tofame and selling out. I do remember on daily downloads on FUSE billie Joe said,"It's great, we just want people to like our music"....well people do liek their music and they can't do much about that now can they...I think not.

your totally missing the point....the point is green day used to say stuff all the time about their ethics and morals stuff they never wish to do ro ebcome...and now their all of it.

xXDissapearing.GirlXx

your totally missing the point....the point is green day used to say stuff all the time about their ethics and morals stuff they never wish to do ro ebcome...and now their all of it.

They were talking about THEIR MUSIC, which does still hold the same ethics and morals. they are still true to all of it and like I said, Just because they are selling things doesn't mean that they have changed theor music.

greendaygoddess

I'm not even going to watch it but AMEN! AMEN TO THAT! I agree with everything Andres said

whatsername__X

that was... well, interesting.

me and my friend marianna were planning on playing our green day records backwards and making a billie-is-dead website but i didn't make a thread about it...

xXDissapearing.GirlXx

Anoher thing I wanted to say was that Green Day did started the whole workshirt and tie thing, sodon't even talk about them giving into trends...well, they did do the whole eyeliner thing, but guys with eyeliner are hot.

adrianpan

thats so fucked.. talk about propaganda however u spell it

i thought they could do a better job too considering the amount of interviews GD has done, all they did was change the words around and it didnt even make sense.

The media is killing the world today as we know it.. and some retards actually believe this shit

Guest Immortality

I haven't bothered wasting my time on watching the piece of shit.

mclaren

They were talking about THEIR MUSIC, which does still hold the same ethics and morals. they are still true to all of it and like I said, Just because they are selling things doesn't mean that they have changed theor music.

how can you say that? we haven't even heard whatever music is to come out of this mess.

xXDissapearing.GirlXx

Anoher thing I wanted to say was that Green Day did started the whole workshirt and tie thing, sodon't even talk about them giving into trends...well, they did do the whole eyeliner thing, but guys with eyeliner are hot.

And Green Day has held true to all their beliefs in every last one of those interviews too.

Guest Holden

Their music has changed too (and i highly doubt it will ever be back..or even close to it), dont really know why, nor do i care, but it has, and thats that.

as far as the trendy issue (which is what the movie was about 'before they were trendy' or something) ... i do think they have completly abandoned all that, they specifically said something about not wanting to do whats trendy.. and look at them now, the definition of it, and seemingly, they dont care.. rather sad. At least it is to me.

xXDissapearing.GirlXx

how can you say that? we haven't even heard whatever music is to come out of this mess.

Then I guess we'll just have to see, they've always done the music that comes to them and music they can relate to. We'll have the right to judge them after we hear the next cd then, won't we?

Holden Caulfield

I haven't bothered wasting my time on watching the piece of shit.

you're not missing anything.