What Green Day used to be

cabot_girl

OK, I'll stop now, but the last thing I have to say is Green Day has always done what they think is right, and we have to trust them on it. They will always be Green Day.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the video wont load for me. I'm too impatient.

but, all good bands change their style and ways throughout their career. At least, all the bands that have lasted for a long time.

This has nothing to do with this thread, but im watching the F list on Fuse...and they're doing best pyromaniac videos (fire videos) and wake me up when september ends got #1...hell yeh! It's good they're getting so big because they started out trying to make a statement about something that needed to be said, and now people are listening.

Why do you even join something like this if all you're gonna do is talk about how they've sold out anyway? Just curious.

yeah i know..i miss old green day. but theres nothing to be done.so oh well

Yeah I know I may not have known about them then but now that I look at videos and compare I sort of like them in the older days. I live though there is nothing I can do about it.

"Before trendy?"

If I remember correctly, Green Day was HUGE when Dookie and Nimrod came out...they were also trendy then.

All everyone does now is bitch about the "new fans" and about how Green Day is popular "now," while failing to realize that they too discovered Green Day because they were played on MTV every five seconds.

When referring to the band itself, all that's really changed is their look, which doesn't appeal to my personal taste, but letting the way someone dresses piss you off is stupid. Of course with American Idiot their sound has changed as well, but you could say the same for any other Green Day album.

Thank you, I think you summed up my opinion on this. This whole I liked Green Day before you did thing is getting sickening, having it every other thread.

Green day is awesome. If they changed their beliefs from 10-15-20 yrs ago who gives a shit? I mean come on Green DAY never played to become famous, But they are now. They can't help it. Promoting their merch and their look is something they have to do because thjeir contract says so. The good thing is that this time around Green Day is enjoying every minute of their well deserved success which they did not do when they had this success in 94 with Dookie. Which is actually pretty punk, because in 94 they hated it and were very worried about what their friends and fans thought and now they dont give a shit.

The guy that made that video posted something about this last week. I dont think he posted the video, but he showed me it.

I think it's stupid for anyone to hold anything against Green Day because of the type of people their music has attracted. Some people can bitch about Green Day's materialism of their products, but it's not like that is affecting their music. If you don't like the fact that they sell a shitload of merch, then don't buy. Just listen to their music and you're doing your part as a fan.

perfectly said

it isnt harming their music so why do you care?

just listen to the music

perfectly said

it isnt harming their music so why do you care?

just listen to the music

thats like saying 'who cares what bush does in his private life its got nothing to do about his politics' or clinton for a better example,his little thing with monica had nothing to do with his presidency yet everyone started hating him for it. you cant just ignore one part of a person. would you still listen to green day if billie joe got put in jail for the 4 years between warning and AI because he raped his son? i doubt it. you have to associate stuff like that together.

Green day is awesome. If they changed their beliefs from 10-15-20 yrs ago who gives a shit? I mean come on Green DAY never played to become famous, But they are now. They can't help it. Promoting their merch and their look is something they have to do because thjeir contract says so. The good thing is that this time around Green Day is enjoying every minute of their well deserved success which they did not do when they had this success in 94 with Dookie. Which is actually pretty punk, because in 94 they hated it and were very worried about what their friends and fans thought and now they dont give a shit.

exactly! they've been making great music frever now and people are finally noticing it and they're getting their point across. everytime they get popular we can't saythey suck. that's retarded since they've been working hard for 15 years, barely noticed, came close to having no band, and now people are yelling at them for selling out. that screwed up. it is very well deserved.why can't we just be happy for them?

thats like saying 'who cares what bush does in his private life its got nothing to do about his politics' or clinton for a better example,his little thing with monica had nothing to do with his presidency yet everyone started hating him for it. you cant just ignore one part of a person. would you still listen to green day if billie joe got put in jail for the 4 years between warning and AI because he raped his son? i doubt it. you have to associate stuff like that together.

you can't associate a crime to selling out even if they were selling out.

in regards to personal ethics, if the guy is writing one thing and living another, he should be called on it. i dont think thats whats happening here, though, because a person can still be political and a dickbag at the same time.

the bottom line is that they are their own people and they can do whatever the fuck they want. for those of us that have been green day fans for a while now, we obviously recognize a change (and most of us are unhappy with it), but fuck us. our stupid asses bought into it to begin with. its disheartening, but things change, and most of it for the worse.

I dont mind the change at all. Maybe thats because I am about the same age as them so as they mature and sing about that I can usually relate to it. They change with every album, this one has just been way more public than others.

I dont mind the change at all. Maybe thats because I am about the same age as them so as they mature and sing about that I can usually relate to it. They change with every album, this one has just been way more public than others.

Well, that is because of their bad -ass attitude. People are finally noticing how cool they are, and now we're seein the real green day.

exactly! they've been making great music frever now and people are finally noticing it and they're getting their point across. everytime they get popular we can't saythey suck. that's retarded since they've been working hard for 15 years, barely noticed, came close to having no band, and now people are yelling at them for selling out. that screwed up. it is very well deserved.why can't we just be happy for them?

you can't associate a crime to selling out even if they were selling out.

no you associate someones private behavior with their 'business'

no you associate someones private behavior with their 'business'

Wel then you shouldn't have anything to old against green day

Hmm-- it's weird but i hardly ever think them as.. whats the word..persons?

heheh.

Like i love the music, but i don't really care who they are or what they do. If they do something stupid or something i don't like, i just pretty much would ignore it 'cause i can't stop listening to the music, it's too addictive. So if they were these huge shitheads(which they aren't) i still wouldn't care. It would take pretty much for me to start disliking or hating them. It's hard to think what it would be.

But i'm often like... Billie Joe(who's that?)-- yeeees he's the lead singer. Mwahaha! Like i forget that there are real human in that band. it's really early so i'm a bit crazy.

It's 'ok' if they are decent human beings too ;)

So shortly: i couldn't care less.

And their music has changed? Of cource it did, who would have the intrest do same music over and over? Not me. meheheeeeee!

Being 33 years old,still pretending to be a teenager,singing Dookie style songs,completly ignoring the fact,that you are (were) married and have kids,not adressing your real lives circumstanses,riding the wave,that made you big,till it becomes ridiculus to watch = selling out!!!!!!!!

BJ said,that for him doing the same thing over and over again would be a faith worse then death - the end.

EDIT: since that post confused some people - I feel I have to add here,that I was being ironic - they are NOT like that and therefore NOT sellouts in my book!

So is everyone else. But the .3 population of people with sticks up their asses can't comprehend that.

you keep saying that, but these threads keep thriving.

Playing in a band doesn't mean you're acting like a teenager, look at the Rolling Stones, they're in their 60's and they still tour. They wrote the songs on Dookie so of course they sing them, do you want them to sing something like Frank Sinatra? They aren't doing the same things over and over, they keep changing their sound, AI doesn't sound like any of their other cds. Why do you care what they do, if you don't like it ignore them and listen to someone else? They don't care what you think, they do what they want.

They don't care what you think, they do what they want.

and they want to be the biggest band in the world, which, in turn, means that they actually do care what you think.

i was just thinking...

when green day bring out another album in the next 2 years or so, what will happen? what will the album be like? will it be as good or better than american idiot supposedly is? would it give them more success, or will it just make everyone become over them.

they have been releasing albums for over 10 years, they've had good times, and theyve had bad ones. so maybe this is just a faze...

hehe i liked the video before it started to dis them. -sings- theres no return from 86. that was a great song in the good ol' days...

Archived