Green Day Collectors box?

basketcase of suburbia

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mmmm i dont know anything about it but it sounds goooood!

it's crap and unofficial a big fat rip off if you ask me :)

The description from Amazon-

Product Description:

The Green Day Collector's Box is a limited edition 3 CD set which tells the complete story of the group through spoken word biographies, band interviews, 3 full color booklets, postcards, posters - featuring rarely seen photographs - and a host of other features. Certain to become an immediate collector's item, this very attractive set is a must for all Green Day's millions of fans. Chrome Dreams. 2005.

I just went searching for the link to that chrome dreams thing... decided to check to see if anybody had posted it already...... and I had. baffled the hell out of me until I released this must be an old thread that had been bumped.

and yeah... its not a Reprise release. so you cant blame this time for it. just the rip off artists chrome dreams.

Uuuugh, no. Just another thing to draw the "sellout" accusations.

It's actually something not released by Warner, it's a collection of interviews by the label Chrome Dreams, I don't think anyone in Green Day will see a penny from the incomes.

oh GOD this is going spark the whole "selling-out" and "green day-to-split" rumours again.... :blink::wacko:

[edit]

I`m wondering if this is this set. I know this is already available in the UK but to be honest if it is that, I wouldnt bother getting it. its the Chrome Dreams set. basically unofficial and just some company making money out of Green Days name.

Ohhhhhh! See - i have *got* to start reading the whole thread first.... Yeah the Chrome Dreams stuff is bollocks. They do one for every band...

• 3 weeks later...

so.. the set isnt worth the money is it?

because i'm not sure if i should buy it.. just to have it.. or what.

• 1 month later...

^ heh. i see. its like a giant biography. in CD form because no one can read these days.

Heres is a link that shows several things beside interviews, it has a lot of untitled tracks and other stuff,

http://music.aol.com/artist/main.adp?tab=a...&albumid=814918

The two comments on that page loook like they were written by two promising people.

I haven't mentioned this on GDA yet because I dont know what it is or if it's worth buying. I hate telling people about new products that end up being shit, like Suburbia Bomb.

so basically the tracks are just interview clips? for some reason I thought that with it being audio tracks that they had permission some how to release songs. if you have downloaded interviews in video form you can rip the audio for yourself. at least that way you save yourself some money and dont have that damned annoying backing music going all the time.

oh yeah I brought it when it was on sale, it's nothing great. Just a biography on cd pretty much.

Archived