what green day song depresses you?

ArmatageShanks39

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I lived in Berkeley, I was taking an Astronomy class, and I used to get so frustrated, because the sky was always overcast at night (it was also this weird orange color), so I couldn't do some of the star labs for my assignments. I love where I live now, because there is little to no light pollution, so I have a BEAUTIFUL view of the Milky Way during the Summer.

Spam, I know, but your post made me think of that. It is a sad song, just wandering around the streets, wondering if you made the right decision and just having that large amount of uncertainty and loneliness...

That confused the Hell outta me. I thought it said Mikey Way. Anyway... so as not to spam... I'm not really depressed by any of their songs. I guess that the only song that really depresses me is Demolition Lovers by MCR. But it's not Green Day so it doesnt count....

none of their songs depresses me, if some does i wouldn't be listening to that song. Geez

some of the songs are sad or there are some feelings releated to that song, but that's not depressing

none of there songs have made me depressed most have helped me through some ruff times in my life so i find i can relate to basicly all there songs, which is amazing, i feel like i know excatly what billie was thinking/feeling when he was writing songs. i also agree with the fact that all there songs put me into deep thaught about life...i mean everything.

ones that first come to mind are:

-macy's day parade

-one of my lies(deep, DEEP thaught)

-christe road

-boulevard of broken dreams

-scattered

all of billies lyrics are outstanding and i grasp with compeletly.

Waiting makes me sad because we sang it graduation, and it makes me miss people.

Basket Case makes me sad too because it was the song my camp buddies sand incessantly and theyre all the way in New Hampshire and I miss them.

Who Wrote Holden Caulfield doesn't really make me sad, but it makes me think. It's kind of a good sad.

WMEUWSE and Good Riddance don't really make me sad because they're so overplayed that after the 235897th time it isn't really sad.

No One Knows

Macy's day parade

Good Riddance

Blvd of broken dreams

Wake me up when september ends

Whatsername

wke me up when sept. ends....cuz

its bout billie joe's dad...and..well...

redundant..it isnt really a sad song but...

I WISH THAT HE WROTE THAT SONG FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uumm...yea...i'm okay now...

and..well all the love songs basically since all their songs

bout love is sorta sad..

Good Riddance (time of your life)

it makes me think of brooklyn because i just moved from their to freakin north carolina

wmuwse

makes me think of my grandpa who passed away a while back

well lets see:

bobd

walking alone

outsider

reject

homecoming/nobody likes you

Christie Road

dissapearing boy although it would be girl in my case

misery and 2000 lightyears away ( just the title)

No One Knows

I Was There

EDIT: when bobd came out it finished me, yet after a while i began to like it.

EDIT again : Rotting total downer.

Homecoming (Nobody Likes You)....WMUWSE.... Walking Alone...

a lot of people are saying Good Riddance but that songs always makes me happy, I guess because it just reminds me of good times...

Homecoming (Nobody Likes You)....WMUWSE.... Walking Alone...

a lot of people are saying Good Riddance but that songs always makes me happy, I guess because it just reminds me of good times...

i think the reason some choose good riddance is it reminds them of good times that went and are now just a memory or if someone passes. maybe if it didn't say "i hope you HAD the time of your life" it might be different. Saying goodbye, after all it is called good riddance, i just hate when people call it toyl. :dry:

i think the reason some choose good riddance is it reminds them of good times that went and are now just a memory or if someone passes. maybe if it didn't say "i hope you HAD the time of your life" it might be different. Saying goodbye, after all it is called good riddance, i just hate when people call it toyl. :dry:

i always correct my sister whenever she calls it toyl... i just remember when i first got my license me and my best friend were driving around and we were blasting that song... so it makes me happy now whenever i hear it.

Westbound Sign but I have no idea why because it's not even a sad song but it makes me feel depressed anyway. Oh and the video for Good Riddance I think it's because Billie looks so sad there but if not it's because it makes me think of my class at my old school although I shouldn't miss them that much because they were mean Green Day haters who didn't believe I had been a fan for 11 years. Lets kill 'em

Westbound Sign but I have no idea why because it's not even a sad song but it makes me feel depressed anyway. Oh and the video for Good Riddance I think it's because Billie looks so sad there but if not it's because it makes me think of my class at my old school although I shouldn't miss them that much because they were mean Green Day haters who didn't believe I had been a fan for 11 years. Lets kill 'em

sure, you became a fan when you were 1 year old :confused: .

EDIT: Good Riddance is about his ex girlfriend so he's not gonna be too happy, that she took off. One of the reasons. Plus three days before that he cracked his front teeth, if you look there even worse then normal. So he wouldn't dare smile.

Archived