what green day song depresses you?

ArmatageShanks39

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rotting because is the worst GD song they have ever made.

And... Generaly they have energetic songs so it's difficult to choose dpresiing one. Maybe ballads, but theirs make me sad and proud of myself in the same time.

Redundant

It's one of my favorite songs but it is sad, and so true about long term relationships.

None of them depress me. But Macy's Day Parade, puts me in a solemn more relaxed mood. I love that song.

Wake Me Up When September Ends :cry:

It's doesn't exactly "depress" me, and most of the times I get excited when I find they're playing it somewhere, but if I'm already sad about something and then I listen to it, it can even make me want to dig a hole, get in, and never get out of it :ermm:

Restless Heart Syndrome is quite melancholy I think.

Redundant... And give me novacaine. As you say they doesn't depress me they just make me think a bit. :unsure:

depends on my mood if any of the songs depress me, but more often then not if nay song is gonna depress me it will be 21 guns, that reminds me of bad times, as does Wake me up.

The one that makes me feel super sad has got to be "Wake me up When September Ends." Moves me everytime, mind you so does "Macy's Day Parade".

Give Me Novocaine, WMUWSE, BOBD, Good Riddance, Whatsername, Restless Heart Syndrome and 21 Guns.

I'm almost crying when i'm listening to this songs. :/ But love them. <3

That's quite a hard one, actually.

Hmm... I'd say Macy's Day Parade first of all, 'cause the band wrote it as a last song before they split up (obviously they didn;t keep it as that purpose :lol:) so it's from a bit of a crappy time. It's still a beautiful song though.

And WMUWSE, I can really feel Billie's pain in this. Especially when it's played live. There's so much emotion in that song.

It doesn't depress me, but WMUWSE always upsets me because it was played at my Dad's funeral.

Whatsername, Macy's Day Parade & WMUWSE, they don't necessarily depress me, but to me those are their saddest songs

• 1 month later...

Redundant and Wake Me Up When September Ends.

I remember hearing my friend became redundant, and i didnt really know what it was, "oh cool thats a green day song", so i think of him losing his job to that song :/ lol

Wake Me Up When September Ends - although I like to listen to it in a kind of cathartic sense. This is because around the time of American Idiot's release, when I was a kid, my Dad had a brain haemorrhage (coincidentally, on this exact date 6 years ago) and the first song I heard after coming back from the hospital was Wake Me Up When September Ends. And I just thought, "fucking hell!" Everything in the song was so weirdly accurate - literally and kind of spiritually as well ("the innocent can never last"). So yeah. WMUWSE kind of depresses me in a kind of therapeutic way.

Wake Me Up When September Ends.

Two of my best friends died in Sep 07. I can't listen to the song, physically can't listen.

Archived