what green day song depresses you?

ArmatageShanks39

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wake Me Up When September Ends..especially in BIAB when Billie starts crying :[ that made me cry.

I had the same reaction today!! I had to go to the bathroom so my parents didn't see me crying. -.-

I also cry to When it's time at times, especially when I'm thinking about how he obviously love Adrienne and I never meet anyone that loves me that much. Other than that.. I'm all good with the rest! ^^

jar, i was there, wake me up (+mostly from biab), are we the waiting, dry ice and many many many more!!!.... :(:cry:

well i love all the songs i don't know i think that they are all good and non of the songs disturb me .0

Whatsername makes me really sad, but not depressed. So does 21 Guns. They're good songs but they're also really sad.

Blvd of Broken Dreams used to put me in a gloomy mood when I was a few years younger and just moved out and bored and angsty and just generally fking emo :P I don't get depressed by any of their songs now.

I would say No One Knows and Rotting are the most likely to put me on a downer. Songs like Whatsername, Good Riddance, Walking Alone, When It's Time have a sort of melancholy feel but depends on you're general mood anyway I guess. Not songs to listen to after a breakup tho haha

waiting since the people in wembley saw it live and me not :cry:

Armatage Shanks. Sometimes it just makes me feel like a useless fuck.

I'm going to say Wake Me Up When September Ends. It doesn't make me upset as such, more angry as people sing it without knowing the reason behind it.

No One Knows can be depressing as fuck.

But I love the song.

It really makes you stop and think.

"Is there something I should find to make plans for forever?"

And also, One of my Lies can be depressing.

"Why does my life have to be so small, yet death is forever."

Both are amazing songs though.

I adore Kerplunk.

It's not that it necessarily "depresses" me, but when I watch them perform WMUWSE live, I can see how much emotion Billie puts into it and it makes me tear up a bit :lol:

Christie Road, it strikes a raw nerve with me and makes me GUSH sentiment and feel like my life's passing me by. I love it but only listen to it now and again, it gets me to sappy and reflective.

Oh, and Blv. of Broken Dreams because I think it's one of Green Days weakest songs and it is one of the best known! Every time it's on the radio I want to stand up and announce, "Everybody, I just want you to know, they can do better!"

For me, it's probably Whatsername, especially when the guitar part comes in.,, I'm a goner after that.

Other songs make me sad like Last Ride In (dont' ask, it just makes me sad), Macy's Day Parade, and recently When It's Time

No One Knows. Even more before Billie starts singing... The bass intro is just fantastic

Wake Me Up When September Ends. Mostly because I feel bad for anyone who has lost a parent, but also because my grandfather died of the same type of cancer as Billie Joe's father, so it upset my mom when I told her about it. To be honest, I rarely ever listen to it anyway. =/

No One Knows does'nt so much depress me, it just has this vibe to it that I'd prefer not to listen to, I usually skip it when it comes on my mp3 player.

I think there's a difference between a song making you sad and a song depressing you...

WMWSE, No One knows, One for the razerbacks, Are we the waiting, Give me Novocaine, and whatsername are some of the many Green Day songs that make me feel sad sometimes; they are also some of my favorite songs. But I wouldn't go as far to say that they depress me. If I've been sad already though then they might depress me, and that has happened a lot...

But I love all those songs and listen to them a lot :wub:

I'd say When September Ends and Rotting (amazingly I'd never listened to it until I came to this thread and heard people talking about it. I just looked it up and thought wow). Also Extraordinary Girl and She because they remind me of a friend.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Whatsername95

Whatsername! Really, I could immediately start crying everytime i listen to it.

21 Guns, Wake me up when September ends & No One Knows make me sad also :/

Archived