Wonder why Green Day got so much radio time?

Fuzz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like such a petty thing to do. Especially for a huge ass coporation like Warner.

Yeah,they have great bands on they're label and they do something like this that's

sad :dry:

It's not like Green Day or MCR never get played on the radio

yeah it happens all the time. my dad was a program director for a while at a station in atlantic city, nj and he used to bring home free stuff like every day. not to the extent of ipods or anything like that but there were a lot of "favors" bring thrown around.

Okay, but the whole mainstream music business is completely fucked up. It's kind of you either deal with it or stay out of it. The artists who tried to oppose it have always failed.

This a great book about the behind the scenes of being a band, by the drummer for Semisonic:

http://www.randomhouse.com/broadway/catalo...n=9780767914710

DAMN YOU ALL!!

just simply dont listen to them when they come out on the radio...whats so fuckin hard?...ok here i'll explain it to you:

when you hear that noice from that box in your/car/or where ever u have one that sounds like familiar from the band green day,you simply reach your arm out and change the station...and then...OH MY GOD!....u changed the station and no more green day....Bravo :wink:

who gives a crap if they're doing that....people try to adveratise ya know

(sorry...im in a crappy kinda mood i guess)

Last year the record companie of Franz Ferdinant had to pay a fine for the very same reason.

One company starts it and if you get on the high horse,it might die right from under you."Selling" music to a Radio station is "selling" a taste.You can´t just point out that it has better brakes or comes with more air bages.So it comes with a iPod to take home.

It´s a shame,but it might be the only way to get air time.It´s done to get a foot in the door. I don´t think they continue playing it,if it doesn´t catch on.After all,they need listeners to get commericals.Prove might be the fact that MCR and R.E.M didn´t move high up in the charts and didn´t went on to sell a boot load of albums

Big Bussiness sucks - almost,ever.

"Oh no! They're paying for airtime!"

As opposed to what? No airtime?

People like to hear them (well, a lot of people), they're one of the biggest bands on the planet right now, it gets them more fans = more money... besides the fact that it's a little dishonest, I see no real downside.

Money sucks, but it makes the world work.

bah, its nothing original. that doesnt make it right though. I'm still pissed off over the mash-up thing getting banned

One of my first posts, yay! Hello btw

I think it's really bad that record labels do that. It not only tarnishes their reputations but it makes some people (idiots though) think that the bands themselves have instigated it. It's just plain wrong!! :down:

They dont need to do that, Green Day & MCR are already great bands they can get there own air time.... Asswholes.

they should release their next album on adeline.

That would be great - BUT (there is always a but,isn´t there?) they would still relay on Warner or some other big record company to distribut there records. Even the indy lable "the offspring" made big has now a deal with a major lable for that very reason.For years amazon.com was losing money on every item bought,because the whole distribution system was so expensiv.

DAMN YOU ALL!!

just simply dont listen to them when they come out on the radio...whats so fuckin hard?...ok here i'll explain it to you:

when you hear that noice from that box in your/car/or where ever u have one that sounds like familiar from the band green day,you simply reach your arm out and change the station...and then...OH MY GOD!....u changed the station and no more green day....Bravo :wink:

it's not the fact that they're being played on the radio that's the problem. it's the fact that warner is bribing stations to play them. you're totally missing the point of this whole thread.

Archived