Green Day will be headlining the Singapore F1 - Oct 2

Give_Me_Novacaine90

American band Green Day, Irish boy band Westlife and American electronic dance music star Marshmello are set to perform at the Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2022.

Green Day, the trio behind songs such as Boulevard Of Broken Dreams (2004) and Basket Case (1993), will perform on Oct 2.

The Grammy-winning band were originally supposed to stage a concert in Singapore in March 2020, which was later postponed to April 2021, but was eventually cancelled due to the pandemic.

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/green-day-westlife-and-marshmello-to-perform-at-singapore-f1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So two F1 events in October — one in Singapore and one in Texas.

I wish one more event would be added to F1 in Japan.

They haven't come to Japan for 10 years now 😢

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So two F1 events in October — one in Singapore and one in Texas.  Weird schedule 

Nevermind. Please delete.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this up because I almost forgot this was coming up soon. Anyone here going to this? I wonder if they’ll do anything special here since the whole Asia tour was canceled and this is their first show back there. 

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Black Eyed Peas are still around?

Yeah but they've gone back to their original style pre-Fergie

• Like 1

My fav time zone brain flip is leaving Fiji to fly to LA, a 10 hour flight, but you arrive before you leave!  I am sure they are being paid very well F1 has a great deal of money.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I imagine they’re being paid  very very well. 

Have to wonder at what point in their career that no amount of money will be worth flying half way around the world for one show. I cannot imagine the logistics for all of the equipment.

I'm sure they don't mind when they'd have a team of people handling everything and they have their own private jet :)

Not a bad way to earn a few mill

As someone who starts feeling like maybe I'm working too much shortly after the point when I stop thinking about stuff like eating at a restaurant a bunch of times a week even when there's food at home, I would expect that everybody has a point when they make enough and working more becomes an unnecessary hassle.

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Have to wonder at what point in their career that no amount of money will be worth flying half way around the world for one show. I cannot imagine the logistics for all of the equipment.

Technically it’s a two show deal, since I’m sure they’re contracted to perform F1 at both Singapore and Austin. It’s such a huge event they have the bucks to pay them. What could it be? A million for the two shows? Each?

I'm just happy for Green Day that they get attention with these shows and they obviously proved even to non-GD-fans that they are a great live band. Also regarding the upcoming album cycle.

• Like 1