Green Day Headlining Sea Hear Now Festival in September

Squashie

• Squashie changed the title to Green Day Headlining Sea Hear Now Festival in September

With these USA festivals being scheduled right after Brazil's Rock in Rio, I guess we're not getting too much (if any) of a South American tour

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m still waiting for the next proper Green Day tour that’s not stadium packages or festivals.  Is this all they’re gonna do now, crowds of 50,000? I’m not interested in paying to see all these other acts and dealing with those kinds of crowds where they play nothing but the same hits and you can’t see shit. 

this 100%

48 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'm hoping a proper Green Day tour gets announced together with the next full length album, because if it doesn't, I'll be thinking this is their new normal. It's possible that they simply can't/don't want to play 100 shows a year and this is their way of making up for it.

I've gotta be honest, this rather awful thought has crept up on me too. I really hope it's not the case, especially seeing how much Billie said he loved the longshot tour. That said, maybe they aren't too fond of the "in-between thing" i.e. the kind of mid-sized arenas and concert venues that they more often than not struggled to fill back in 2017.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I've gotta be honest, this rather awful thought has crept up on me too. I really hope it's not the case, especially seeing how much Billie said he loved the longshot tour. That said, maybe they aren't too fond of the "in-between thing" i.e. the kind of mid-sized arenas and concert venues that they more often than not struggled to fill back in 2017.

That's possible. "Go big or go home" as they say. The Longshot tour was a fun project for Billie, but I doubt that from the band's perspective, there's that much of a difference between playing arenas and these large shows. They're playing an almost the same set. If anything, the massive shows are more profitable while requiring less touring, so it's a win win situation for them.

• Like 2

I really wish I had ANY interest in seeing any of the other bands that day. Pretty lame festival lineup. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/8/2022 at 9:28 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m still waiting for the next proper Green Day tour that’s not stadium packages or festivals.  Is this all they’re gonna do now, crowds of 50,000? I’m not interested in paying to see all these other acts and dealing with those kinds of crowds where they play nothing but the same hits and you can’t see shit. 

Yep. Only reason I went to Hella Mega is because I got free tix. 

I skipped the RevRad tour because it was a giant outdoor arena with almost 100,000 people, and it's nothing but a greatest hits setlist. 

I'm still hoping for smaller, more intimate venues, even smaller arena type shows I might be okay with, but like when you get over 25,000 people that's when I pass. 

Which sucks, but from a band's perspective I get it. 

But I hate to say it, if this is all they're gonna do anymore I might never see them live again. Is this what they've become? Festivals and massive arena shows only? 🤮

I would much rather pay a huge amount of money for a small intimate show. Or at least offer some sort of VIP package where I could meet them at the big shows. I know it would be expensive but I'd be willing to pay it. I know with COVID it might be a challenge though. 

Edited by saintjimmy924
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, saintjimmy924 said:

Yep. Only reason I went to Hella Mega is because I got free tix. 

I skipped the RevRad tour because it was a giant outdoor arena with almost 100,000 people, and it's nothing but a greatest hits setlist. 

I'm still hoping for smaller, more intimate venues, even smaller arena type shows I might be okay with, but like when you get over 25,000 people that's when I pass. 

Which sucks, but from a band's perspective I get it. 

But I hate to say it, if this is all they're gonna do anymore I might never see them live again. Is this what they've become? Festivals and massive arena shows only? 🤮

I would much rather pay a huge amount of money for a small intimate show. Or at least offer some sort of VIP package where I could meet them at the big shows. I know it would be expensive but I'd be willing to pay it. I know with COVID it might be a challenge though. 

What’s ironic is back when Green Day still cared to keep ticket prices low, they didn’t do meet and greets at their shows and I got the sense it was because they didn’t want to give that access to just the richest fans. Fast forward to 2022 and all of their shows are so expensive that now it’s like only the richest fans get to see them up close anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What’s ironic is back when Green Day still cared to keep ticket prices low, they didn’t do meet and greets at their shows and I got the sense it was because they didn’t want to give that access to just the richest fans. Fast forward to 2022 and all of their shows are so expensive that now it’s like only the richest fans get to see them up close anyway.  

Not to mention the scalper issues. 

I miss when we had access through the idiot club to presale. 

Edited by saintjimmy924
  • Like 2

I don't know about Hella Mega but some of the shows that had the VIP option on the RevRad Tour sold very few VIP tickets so if you bought pit tickets you still had a fair chance of being quite close anyway. Some people bought VIP and still weren't bothered about being upfront

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I don't know about Hella Mega but some of the shows that had the VIP option on the RevRad Tour sold very few VIP tickets so if you bought pit tickets you still had a fair chance of being quite close anyway. Some people bought VIP and still weren't bothered about being upfront

My point is VIP is no longer the problem when all your pit tickets cost $250+ (at least in the US anyway)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

My point is VIP is no longer the problem when all your pit tickets cost $250+ (at least in the US anyway)

I mean that is double what tickets were for the RevRad Tour but visiting the US from the UK everything was insanely expensive compared to here so in some ways it doesn't surprise me. I don't know how ordinary Americans cope

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

IF you can even get them. For my Hella Mega date pit tickets were all $500+ dollars since they were bought by scalpers for resale. 

5 hours ago, saintjimmy924 said:

IF you can even get them. For my Hella Mega date pit tickets were all $500+ dollars since they were bought by scalpers for resale. 

That doesn’t even need to happen anymore with Ticketmaster’s dynamic pricing. The band themselves do the scalping if there’s high demand. $250 was the starting price and it went up from there. No scalpers required.

Ticket prices have gone up since Crush took over but I didn't know about the dynamic pricing thing with Ticketmaster. Is it also because there's no longer any money to be made out of record sales so the only way to make money in the music industry is around the live performances

• Like 2

Can I say that this is pretty much a US issue? I paid 90$ for a GD concert in Denmark, one of the most expensive countries in the world. From what I saw it was more or less the same everywhere else in Europe.
Too much? Yes. More than the 60$ I spent in 2016 for the RevRad tour in Sweden, yes but a comparable price. 
And the same or less then most of the concerts from similar bands happening here.

• Like 3

I paid less than 70€ for a four day festival in 2019. The prices have gone up a lot over the pandemic though. And a friend of mine paid over 100 for an individual HM date so idk how I’ll justify going to their next tour. It could be worth sticking to festival dates if this is how pricing is going to work.

If energy bills increase to £6000 (over $7000) in the UK as predicted next year (from £1000 at the beginning of this year) I'll never be going to a concert again :lol:

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Can I say that this is pretty much a US issue? I paid 90$ for a GD concert in Denmark, one of the most expensive countries in the world. From what I saw it was more or less the same everywhere else in Europe.
Too much? Yes. More than the 60$ I spent in 2016 for the RevRad tour in Sweden, yes but a comparable price. 
And the same or less then most of the concerts from similar bands happening here.

Yes, I paid 85€ for Golden Circle Hella Mega  in Groningen from Germany.

But it‘s getting more expensive now. Last year I paid 200€ for Rock am Ring (Festival + Camping). Yesterday early bird ticket 270€ and now 300€