1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m thinking once the BBC album comes out and the holidays pass we might actually get some real hints of a new release.   Could be an EP or album by April to support the spring/summer tour?

And a single even sooner!!! I’m thinking maybe around February or March!!!

4 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

New Green Day BBC sessions...? 

Not exactly “new”, just BBC sessions recorded from 1994 to 2001

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

New Green Day BBC sessions...? 

That’s also something I was wondering. If they recorded new songs in London was it at BBC Studios or Abbey Road? BBC would fit with the current release if the six songs are new BBC Sessions (ie, not new songs) but if they’re all new songs, maybe the experience of recording an EP in Abbey Road would be pretty awesome for them?  I admit I’d be disappointed if these turn out to be BBC Sessions of American Idiot songs or something. I’m assuming actual new songs. 

And Mike just reposted Billie’s story of the Sweet Children photo

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s also something I was wondering. If they recorded new songs in London was it at BBC Studios or Abbey Road? BBC would fit with the current release if the six songs are new BBC Sessions (ie, not new songs) but if they’re all new songs, maybe the experience of recording an EP in Abbey Road would be pretty awesome for them?  I admit I’d be disappointed if these turn out to be BBC Sessions of American Idiot songs or something. I’m assuming actual new songs. 

If that were the case, they probably would’ve said it already, “Hey we’ve got the 1994-2001 BBC sessions plus 6 new songs, out on December 10th!”

• Like 2

If they release a 6 song EP, it's likely that those 6 songs plus the 3 post-FOAM songs already released will combined be longer than FOAM, which is funny to me.

I think it's too soon for a new studio album but an EP is ok to me

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

and a Reddit post claims they recorded 6 new songs in the UK. Let’s continue our discussion here!!!

Just to clarify. I'm the author of the Reddit post. I'm not the one starting the rumor. It's the guy who met Billie at the Golden Bull and posted it on the Hella Mega Facebook page.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC77 said:

Todd apparently has a few unreleased songs gagged by green day so maybe there's a hint there, BJ didn't say it was a studio album, could be a great-sounding collection of unreleased very early songs. just a thought :)

Way to curb the enthusiasm... the old photo would make sense if that was the case.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

If they release a 6 song EP, it's likely that those 6 songs plus the 3 post-FOAM songs already released will combined be longer than FOAM, which is funny to me.

I think it's too soon for a new studio album but an EP is ok to me

Plus they said they recorded about 16 songs in total for FOAM, 6 of which got cut, so hopefully they include those too

2 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Green Day feat. Paul McCartney at Abbey Road 844292-E8-E062-4-A68-A58-E-ACC987003494.

Don’t forget Ringo!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Plus they said they recorded about 16 songs in total for FOAM, 6 of which got cut, so hopefully they include those too

Don’t forget Ringo!!!

I really would be happy if that’s the case! The stuff cut from FOAM was probably really great. Like the stuff cut from the Trilogy was really great.

The stuff Green Day cut from their sets/albums are usually treasure like WTF?? Don’t cut it!

But if they were in the UK recording it hopefully isn’t old stuff from the vault.

1 minute ago, Q-Man said:

This type of thread is GDC at its absolute finest. Fingers crossed we actually get something soon out of this! Another Shenanigans style compilation of B-Sides and standalone singles would be really nice too. 

Yesssssssss agreed! It could be anything with a Shenanigans style record! Anything and everything!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I can't see them doing a new album this soon (plus I doubt they'd do anything on next year's HM tour other than continue with greatest hits), but I'd love an unreleased album.  Give me Dreamcatcher, Oh Girl, Olivia, and Minnesota Girl finally!

Dreamcatcher!! I love that song even if we only have a live version from that soundchceck. I always hope they'll release a studio version of it...dosen't metter if under green day/longshot or what else...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Oh look, it's another thread that is growing so fast that I can never keep up with it LOL. I will say though that I saw the cover Billie teased, and I highly doubt he would do that if there was not SOMETHING coming. Might be an EP or might be a full album, but there is definitely something coming. Combined with the rumors about the six new songs, it is safe to say something is coming, even if the exact details are not all accurate at this point. I am speculating there will be something around Billie's birthday. It is not also unreasonable to suggest, as many of you have, that they may want some new material for the European tour and also for their U.S. festival dates. Heck, maybe they premier something at the Super Bowl pre-game concert. I would love that. Maybe they have a new song with Miley LOL.

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to 1972 project speculation thread
  • AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic