Next Kerplunk 30 anniversary

Gonzalo17

It would be cool for a deluxe edition but the most likely thing that will happen is a limited edition vinyl or a sale on the green day website.

• Like 1

If Kerplunk does see some form of re-release (which I would buy the shit out of, take my money people) I hope they drop the Sweet Children EP tracks as they are not or never have been part of the Kerplunk album proper. 

• Like 3

I received an email from the GD newsletter and it just seem to be some % discount on Kerplunk! item

• Like 1

and once again Green Day are neglecting a huge anniversary.. they are only releasing som shirts and stuff to celebrate the 30iest aniversary of one of their best albuns.

Sometimes i wonder how many time we will have to wait to get a proper deluxe edition.. maybe for the albuns 50th aniversaries, when nobody would care?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Love that vintage tee picked that one up. Twice during checkout it gave me a pop up asking if I wanted to add a copy of FOAM to my cart. Uh, no thanks I’m good haha. Got to hand it to them, they keep trying. Now maybe if it was Kerplunk.

And anyone else besides me would prefer that the Sweet Children EP not be included in the tracklist on the tracklist tee? I want the real tracklist as Green Day and God intended.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Alf said:

and once again Green Day are neglecting a huge anniversary.. they are only releasing som shirts and stuff to celebrate the 30iest aniversary of one of their best albuns.

Sometimes i wonder how many time we will have to wait to get a proper deluxe edition.. maybe for the albuns 50th aniversaries, when nobody would care?

This is what I don’t understand, do they think the audience for these things is going to grow over time? Hate to say it but rock is on its way to being a niche genre like jazz. 

• Like 2

I was hoping they would’ve done something more than to just release more shirts and etc and as kerplunk is also my favorite album (christie road being my favorite), but I guess I shouldn’t have had my hopes so high? I would’ve actually loved if they even re-recorded a few songs from that album.. maybe one day?

• Like 2

currently listening to it, WTP, kerplunk has a very "unique" sound imo, i really enjoy this LP, the only thing that disturbes is that the sound quality feels too "cold/not-powerful"

• Like 1

I think os not necessary to re record the album. They played almost all kerplunk songs live during the last 15 years. They can put out a "modern live kerplunk". Christie Road, 2000 light years  away and holden caulfueld from awrsome as fxxk sounds amazing

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alf said:

GDA will still care. 

• Like 2

Photos of the new merch from Green Day's Instagram story 

712176adcda5423c307a4fe78a1a4dcb9ed22b44

0332b7a3e89753bda44f667961b061cc3400af84

c633b9379c55c2719df2b006b39a44ebc189a7c5

d204ac3a06a3d969dcf5ec5a69117c08c6b7b0ef

29fb377b7a823a61d9d0d1ab7ac1d999b7a46c8e

Would love to get this stuff but just can't justify it. Already drowning in GD shirts over the years I don't have time or occasion to wear :lol: 

• Like 3

At the very least, a lossless audio release for the album would be nice. Though I would prefer a remixed version of the whole album in the same way they did for the Jerky Boys mix of 2000LYA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miko said:

Bleh. As a fan, I'd love to see my favorite band of all time to actually do something with their past albums during anniversaries. During 21st Century Breakdown's 10th anniversary, there was a good chance to perform one or two songs from that album and/or release random live video from that era, which is actually not that much to ask as a fan. In Kerplunk's case, they could do literally anything else than putting some shirts and hats online. Re-record it. Remix it. Share funny live videos from that era (if those exist). Tell stories. Perform No One Knows for the first time. Do acoustic versions of all of those songs. Show some goddamn love to album that is not named Dookie or American Idiot.

Fucking shirts and hats for Kerplunk's 30th anniversary, are you fucking kidding me? Can't wait for 21st CB's 20th anniversary, maybe we can get some mugs and beanies then :)

If they do nothing for Dookie 30th, I doubt they will ever do a thing

2 minutes ago, Alf said:

If they do nothing for Dookie 30th, I doubt they will ever do a thing

Oh they definitely will do a lot for Dookie 30th, just watch that albums 20th and 25th anniversaries. Same can't be said to any other albums and I will be genuinely shocked if Trilogy gets literally anything for its 10th anniversary next year.

Hate to say it but merch is the thing that takes the least effort with the biggest profit margins I think that’s all there is to it. The band do nothing but sign off on the designs if that and the markup over cost of manufacturing is huge.  I wish they would actually expend the time and effort to go through the tapes and release something fans have never seen or heard before despite the fact that it takes much more effort for much less profit if any (especially for these lesser known albums).  I’m curious to know how many copies of the Insomniac rerelease they sold for the work that took.

They seem to only want to be a t-shirt and coffee business these days.  It feels more like what you get after a band has long since retired.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Hate to say it but merch is the thing that takes the least effort with the biggest profit margins I think that’s all there is to it. The band do nothing but sign off on the designs if that and the markup over cost of manufacturing is huge.  I wish they would actually expend the time and effort to go through the tapes and release something fans have never seen or heard before despite the fact that it takes much more effort for much less profit if any (especially for these lesser known albums).  I’m curious to know how many copies of the Insomniac rerelease they sold for the work that took.

They seem to only want to be a t-shirt and coffee business these days.  It feels more like what you get after a band has long since retired.  

Pearl Jam records every concert and put It online for sale 48 hours later... Not so difficult. Green Day has lot in the vault. 

• Like 2