Green Day confirmed on Global Citizen Live 2021, Sep 25th

legendary

• legendary changed the title to Green Day confirmed on Global Citizen Live 2021, Sep 25th

Nice !
Probably pre-recorded performances.

• Like 1

So looks like they are a bunch of live shows in different cities all livestreamed for 24 hours. A more detailed schedule will be out later saying who is playing where and ticket info

• Like 1

I’ve noticed that promo pic is getting great use this year it’s been the cover art for two singles (HCTS and the basis for the art on the Oakland coffee BBC single) and now for this. I guess they’re done with the flaming red jackets look. I’m not expecting to see any FOAM iconography  on this tour at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I was thinking the new gold guitar suggested the glam side of the promo was carrying on.

Yeah he’s always gonna love that stuff. I was just thinking this may look like a generic hits tour and not a FOAM tour per se, really just taking into account the promo pic and last two singles using new font style and look

• Like 4

I’m guessing this’ll take the Live 8/Live Earth approach where each channel/platform will broadcast a concert.

Theoretical example:

BBC - London

ABC - New York

FX - Paris

etc.

Could be totally wrong though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah he’s always gonna love that stuff. I was just thinking this may look like a generic hits tour and not a FOAM tour per se, really just taking into account the promo pic and last two singles using new font style and look

I’ve always thought it will be a greatest hits tour given the other bands and shorter time for GD I’m afraid.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

I’ve always thought it will be a greatest hits tour given the other bands and shorter time for GD I’m afraid.

it makes sense, cause there are like atleast 5 other bands/musicians playing

52 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It took at least five years to hear what Billie really thought about the trilogy in hindsight I’m guessing we’re not far enough removed from it for honesty.  Every album in some way feels like a course correction on the previous one so I’m guessing he’ll be up to talking about it once he’s talking up the next release.  He’ll be all “I hate short songs that make you feel bad.” 😄

I fully expect the next album to have long songs that are going to make me feel good! Even though I think that might have been a bit of a jab at RevRad. :lol: It's always interesting to hear his thoughts later, when he's not obliged to hype up the release.

• Like 4

I'm always excited for any Green Day content. I really hope this will be a new performance.

Great points @pacejunkie punk and @Beerjeezus brought up. I guess it's to be expected that the band's own hype for FOAM has fallen by the way side seeing as it's literally been like 2 years since they were initially supposed to tour. The pandemic just went a fucked everything right up. I hope they can get excited about it once they start playing live shows again as Green Day. Maybe that will light their fires.

• Like 4

i hope we have sth like live 8 after the pandemic (when its really over)

On 7/13/2021 at 10:21 AM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Nice !
Probably pre-recorded performances.

Probably not. GD played GC a few years ago. The email said that there will be a live performance in Central Park and that details on tickets will come in August. GC has always been free to attend ,you just have to complete various social justice actions on Instagram etc for a chance to win entry.   While not all of the artists listed will be live in NYC playing for fans, some will and GD could easily be one of them. 

• 1 month later...

I actually forgot about this too LOL but call me selfish or what you will, I hope they end up playing in new york and since it’s closer 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xWhatsername_ said:

I actually forgot about this too LOL but call me selfish or what you will, I hope they end up playing in new york and since it’s closer 

New York lineup was announced they are not on it. 

have not seen the others 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

They announced the LA lineup nothing on Green Day 

has anyone heard where they are performing ?

I have a suspicion they will be part of the stream and will likely submit a pre recorded clip from the HM tour

• Sad 2