1994 BBC Sessions 7” up for pre-order for Oakland Coffee Club subscribers

Yosuke Hanamura

The cover art is amazing.  I don’t do vinyl but this is one of those times I wish I did. 

• Like 4

Yeah, I love their bbc performances, but hate this kinda merch... It doesn't worth to subscribe their club living here... The shipping costs are to high

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Todd said:

Huge bummer that they recorded 5 songs here (only 4 were broadcast) and they only put two on the 7". It would have been nice if they released the whole session.

Hey- I just noticed it says "Part 1" on the front of the 7". So they'll probably make us pay another $20 for two more songs a couple months from now :P 

Green Day doesn’t own the BBC sessions they can only release what they can get permission to 

Amazing artwork and I would 100% buy this if the subscription wasn't needed. A bit ridiculous honestly to make it a requirement to have the subscription AND have it cost $20 + shipping for 2 songs. 

• Like 2

I love coffee but no way I'm paying for a subscription with the exorbitant shipping and possible customs charges! 

Isn't this the second vinyl linked to subscription to Oakland Coffee? Was the other a pink ITWAN? This sucks

25 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Green Day doesn’t own the BBC sessions they can only release what they can get permission to 

I don't see any reason why they couldn't license all the songs. 

14 minutes ago, Todd said:

I don't see any reason why they couldn't license all the songs. 

Money and BBC doesn’t always grant licenses 

Ironic thing is my sister, who has no interest in Green Day, has a subscription solely because she likes their coffee. :lol: I can get it through her, I just have no interest in records.

• Haha 1

My mom likes their coffee, so I was gonna ask if we could’ve split the cost for the subscription and the vinyl… until I saw how much it cost.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think this new club discriminates against non-coffee drinkers 🥺

Absolutely. As someone who caffeine is essentially a poison to, I stay away from coffee most of the time. Sometimes I'll have a decaf mixed coffee drink, but straight coffee is disgusting.

That album artwork is killer, though! Love it!

I joined the a coffee club to see the other stuff which I can, but I don’t pay anything and don’t subscribe to the coffee.  Shipping to the Uk makes the coffee so expensive it’s mad, and I think it would incur taxes too!  Don’t do vinyl but this looks great. 🥲

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Maybe some coffee would give you that energy 😂

It works for the energy but it also puts me into a good mood so I don’t feel like ranting :lol:

I’d mind this less if they shipped from the EU. The vinyl is pricey as it is, even without shipping and customs fees. They should merge Oakland Coffee and GD online stores.

• Like 3

Always live versiones of same songs... Road to acceptance and only of you were played In that era, and any oficial live versión 

ill just stick with the pick a winner 45. kinda bothers me the cover is a drawing of modern day green day and the video isnt 1994 footage

• Like 2

Really stupid its just a 2 song 7"

Why not have Part 1 - full BBC sessions

Part 2 - another Gem

I guess they're going to sell them all whatever they do - so it makes no difference to them