Requesting Sweetest/Cutest Green Day Footage (I've just completed it! :D [4/18/22])

Slave To The Network

I'm planning to make a compilation video of the sweetest and cutest Green Day moments (mainly Billie content) that I can find, but I'll need help. I've found that most of the GD compilation videos you find are usually "funniest" or, ambiguously, "best" and they're all very similar. We all know the GD boys are hilarious goofballs, but I want to highlight their sweeter sides too, particularly Billie, to show what genuinely kind and goodhearted people they are. This kind of stuff is way harder to find. Not for the lack of it, but because it's hidden in show footage (often fan shot), random interviews, and other places that non-fans or casual fans aren't going to look.

I've got plenty of videos to go through to look for this stuff, but it would be a huge help if I could enlist other GD fans to link me anything that particularly stands out to them, their own favorites, or anything they come across that fits the bill. I'll take anything because even though I might have it, I've got so much I may not remember or it might not be something I'd think of. The kind of content I'm looking for might be something like when Billie gave his guitar to a disabled fan, or when he stopped someone who was bullying/pushing people around in the pit, sweet stories the band members have told during interviews, Billie getting emotional while singing a song. Stuff like that.

I wasn't sure where else to put this. It doesn't feel right for the GD Q&A thread because it's not a direct question about them it's more involved than a Random Thought. If there's a thread that would be better for this, please direct me to it.

• Like 4

I am sure you have already seen this, but this is my favorite Green Day video. Everything about it is adorable in my opinion, but especially around 3:20 LOL. I know this may not be what you were looking for or you may not feel the same way about it LOL, but I felt it was worth sharing. 

I'd check out a lot of the RevRad Good Riddance performances, like this one.  I also remember the one where Mike and Tre were carrying Billie off stage, but don't seem to have it saved.

• Love 2

27 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I'd check out a lot of the RevRad Good Riddance performances, like this one.  I also remember the one where Mike and Tre were carrying Billie off stage, but don't seem to have it saved.

That is precious. 

Also, the Billie Joe GIFs Twitter account in general is just a treasure trove of cuteness. Here are some more of my faves. 

17 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I am sure you have already seen this, but this is my favorite Green Day video. Everything about it is adorable in my opinion, but especially around 3:20 LOL. I know this may not be what you were looking for or you may not feel the same way about it LOL, but I felt it was worth sharing. 

Definitely not the kind of content I'm looking for.

Also, gifs are not helpful. I need video (preferably YouTube or mp4, mkv, flv, vob files).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

Wrong video compilation? 😂😂

16 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

This is perfect! I was thinking of that moment, but it's something I didn't have yet. I've got the DVD, so I could rip it from the bonus features there I suppose, but this is more convenient.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

Also, gifs are not helpful. I need video (preferably YouTube or mp4, mkv, flv, vob files).

tenor.gif

Billie was very sweet during his Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction speech. Probably lots of different times but here for example. Also not sure if it would make a good clip but this was the sweetest thing I ever saw.

• Love 4

14 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Billie was very sweet during his Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction speech. Probably lots of different times but here for example. Also not sure if it would make a good clip but this was the sweetest thing I ever saw.

Yes! The Rock n Roll Half of Fame induction was the sweetest thing ever. ❤️ 

Found the one where they carried him offstage.

And a bonus Billie and Mike kiss.

• Love 3

7 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I would watch the other compilation too though

Wouldn’t we all!  Maybe @Slave To The Network could make two but only if she has time.  I would like both, but just being greedy!  @Hermione and @Montclare beat me to it with those suggestions, they are gold ❤️

How about Billie and his mum?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, Hermione said:

Not just the speech, but during Basket Case when they did the thing... :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Love 3

These are all terrific! Thanks, you guys! :wub: I was definitely thinking about the Rock Hall of Fame speech. That was something absolutely came to mind.

Btw, I have done a funny compilation already. It's subjective, though, of course. I chose to not include many of the things that were on most of the others already out there such as the thong stuff and other risque things. There's a ton of that already so I went a little bit different route. I'm also by no means a proficient video editor and I mainly made this for my non-GD fan friends so they could get to know them better, but I did my best with the tools I have.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

These are all terrific! Thanks, you guys! :wub: I was definitely thinking about the Rock Hall of Fame speech. That was something absolutely came to mind.

Btw, I have done a funny compilation already. It's subjective, though, of course. I chose to not include many of the things that were on most of the others already out there such as the thong stuff and other risque things. There's a ton of that already so I went a little bit different route. I'm also by no means a proficient video editor and I mainly made this for my non-GD fan friends so they could get to know them better, but I did my best with the tools I have.

That was amazing and I loved it! I wouldn't even begin to know how to edit together a video like that. Your work is incredible. I am gonna disagree though and say this was still pretty risque LOL. Mostly I am curious to know how your non-GD friends reacted to it.

13 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Not just the speech, but during Basket Case when they did the thing... :lol:

Always my favorite part of that performance. ❤️ That was actually a pretty impressive little stunt. 🤣

Thank you! One of them thought it was interesting/funny. The other thought Tré and Mike were super annoying, but Billie was mostly funny. They both really enjoyed Welcome To My Panic, so I wanted to pull them deeper into Green Day. That is also one of the purposes of this compilation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

Thank you! One of them thought it was interesting/funny. The other thought Tré and Mike were super annoying, but Billie was mostly funny. They both really enjoyed Welcome To My Panic, so I wanted to pull them deeper into Green Day. That is also one of the purposes of this compilation.

Isn't Tre's annoyingness what makes him charming though? 🤣

I know there are videos of shows where Billie is talking about Blue and how his mom got it for him, but I can't remember which those are. Anyone know? Btw the compilation is really coming together! I so appreciate the help from all of you!

• Like 1

If anyone has a video of Billie talking about "spots on time" or the campfire song.... those would be awesome to share. 

Also any interviews etc. where the boys are talking about their friendship, please. Forgot to mention that in the last post as well.

• Slave To The Network changed the title to Requesting Sweetest/Cutest Green Day Footage (I've just completed it! :D [4/18/22])