The Network - Trans AM EP

Little Boy Named Booze

I'm so happy to have this!  I always wondered who wrote what in the Network, and it does feel to me like they largely write the songs they sing lead on.  Like when Fentanyl came on, I said this has to be Billie before the vocals kicked in because it feels like a more complete song than the first two.  I do wish the vocals were clearer on it though.  Tre is the more jokey type songs, not quite sure how to describe Mike's.  Like on MM2020, almost all my favorite songs are Billie's and it's not just because of the vocals, it's because they feel like real songs.

I agree with the Muse/Simulation Theory comparison.  I was thinking of The Dark Side when listening to Trans Am, but that might partially be because of The Dark Side video having a car in it. :lol:

Billie's songwriting really does cut like a knife. I also get that feeling of "this is a real song." Even in Homecoming, his parts stand out so much.

I'm excited for this experimental music. I will say that the filter's Billie is using seem heavy, even more so than the original Network album. Makes it hard to decipher his words.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Can I just say it sounds more collaborative to me, expressing all of their unique qualities and that’s why I like it, without necessarily having evidence to present to the court?  🙄

I agree with you there (but I also think that's just the nature of The Network :P)

47 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

If Fentanyl is the new Roshambo, then this new album isn't so promising. 

It isn't as good as Roshambo but that's just the best description I can give of why it sounds good haha. Ivankkka is still my favourite. 

Threat Level has been my favorite so far, a d it's just a snippet. Excited what else there is to come.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I figured it out! Fentanyl sounds like The Police. 

Also, I've decided that I just don't like the song. Fink's singing on this one is pleasant (despite the fact that it's very nasally), but if it was an instrumental it would be much better. 

I'm still trying to figure out why I kind of like Trans Am. I don't know what it is, but something makes it alright. Although, that accent is not good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, penbreaker said:

I have theory. Look at EP cover. There is only Van Gough on it. Why? My theory is each of band members will get own EP. 

I guess we’ll have to wait and see.  What’s funny is Billie just deleted everything from the trilogy period off his Instagram so maybe this isn’t The Network part two at all so much as a Trilogy do over? 😂 

I’m kind of joking. I get that only Van Gough is on this cover but based on The Prophecy video I’m gonna say it’s still gonna be a full album we get (of which these are four of the songs)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Oh no. We already had a trilogy. Don't need a hexalogy or sixology or whatever the fuck we call it.

Lol that would be funny if we got 6 EPs. That would be a lot of songs though! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I guess we’ll have to wait and see.  What’s funny is Billie just deleted everything from the trilogy period off his Instagram so maybe this isn’t The Network part two at all so much as a Trilogy do over? 😂 

I’m kind of joking. I get that only Van Gough is on this cover but based on The Prophecy video I’m gonna say it’s still gonna be a full album we get (of which these are four of the songs)

The Snooker yt account replied to someone. New album coming soon. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Elxufinnishidiot said:

Lol that would be funny if we got 6 EPs. That would be a lot of songs though! 

Yea maybe there will be 6 YouTube accounts for example Snooker posted Van Gough EP. Van Gough will post Fink EP etc. 

3 minutes ago, Todd said:

Don't look too far into the YouTube account. It's not some leaker or insider. Just someone probably in Australia that got the songs a day early and uploaded them for the rest of the world. 

Probably true. 

• Like 1

Adding to the multiple EP idea- there are 4 songs on Trans Am. This theoretical series of releases could be a Snoology™️ type deal. One each for VG, Fink and the Snoo (as they all contribute lead vocals), with a total of 12 tracks.

I know, that leaves out half the band. Alternately, they could go nuts and follow the Longshot model to really tweak that poser Bill Do Armchrist. Six EPs of varying lengths with a different band member on every cover.

• Like 2

trans am - favorite track, love it

flat earth - classic tr.. i mean snoo (and that's good) 

fentanyl - not a bad track but not that interesting either? sounds a bit boring aside from the instrumental/bridge part. lacks something..

Edited by monkeyupinspace
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Todd said:

I don’t understand what a lot of you are hearing in Fentanyl that makes it so great. It’s the weakest song on here in my opinion. Flat Earth is my favorite so far, the lyrics are really clever. Still not digging the lengthy intro on Ivankkka, and Trans Am is a formula Network song, but I don’t mean that in a bad way. I’m gonna try to refrain from listening to these again until the whole album is released. 

I think Fentanyl is good, but I would say that it doesn't have as much of a chorus as I would have liked. It feels like it builds towards something more that just never arrives, feels like there should be more of a pay off in the chorus. 

• Like 1